90 Days Reporting question.

Assuming my due date for reporting is on Sept 10th.

I am on Extension of Stay (Retirement) till next year.

I may leave on Sept 9th. Meaning having stayed only 89 days.

Can I skip the 90 Days reporting if I leave on Sept 9th ?

Will I be fined when I return ?

Your kind advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

I believe your clock resets to 0 as soon as you leave the country and starts again when you reenter. So, in your case you should be fine if you leave as you say.

But there are those who know a lot better than I do about Imm matters who might disagree.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, essox essox said:

why do people not understand 90 days start the day one returns to thailand.....

It is so complicated. We didn't understand TM30 too. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You can leave anytime during the 90 days no problem, when you re-enter immigration at the airport will stamp a new 90 days... as you're on retirement I think you must have a "re-entry visa" 2,000 baht from the immigration office.

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You can leave anytime during the 90 days no problem, when you re-enter immigration at the airport will stamp a new 90 days... as you're on retirement I think you must have a "re-entry visa" 2,000 baht from the immigration office.

Correct as others have said, and he must get a re-entry permit at immigration before he departs, the cost last time I did this was 1,000 baht

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Very straight forward - you can leave the country on or within 90 days and not required to report...

the day you enter or re-enter thailand represents day #1 for reporting purposes...

Remember must have an Exit/Re-entry visa or your retirement extention will be cancelled on departure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The last time I knew it was 1000Bt for single re entry.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

it is NOT  A RE-ENTRY VISA.......it IS a RE ENTRY PERMIT !!!! and they are NOT 2000 baht......

• Like 1

Can I borrow this thread for quick question. I skipped 90 day report during amnesty. I realize imm have instructed those in my situation to attend imm during August. 

My annual extension will be done late October CW.

Question. If I wait till day of attending imm for my extension and bring the paperwork for the 90 day report, will it be as simple as 2000baht fine? 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My annual extension will be done late October CW.

Question. If I wait till day of attending imm for my extension and bring the paperwork for the 90 day report, will it be as simple as 2000baht fine? 

There probably will not be a fine since according to the extension of the "ministerial notice" they are still not required until after September 26th.

• Thanks 1