BANGKOK
Scott

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Already 64, retired, what do I need a brain for?

Is the brain already in a state of bliss?

I will refuse any vaccine.  Year after year my freedoms are dwindling.  Whatever is recommended  for my "benefit", I will reject.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The approach that Roman emperors had is good. Let an underling try it out first.

If it's a CCP vaccine, they can go inject it where the sun don't shine.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Given that you are in wuhans demographic wheel house. I would have expected you to be very worried.

<deleted> are you on about  

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, robblok said:

Everyone with half a brain knows that the world is over populated. I agree there 100% but I too agree with vaccination. Overpopulation should not be fought by killing people but by educating people.

How many decades have the 1st world countries now spent trying to educate remote African tribes? It's just too slow, even if it is a more humane way. Let mother nature take care of returning the balance, meaning famines and internal wars will take care of it.

Edited by DrTuner

Posted (edited)

I don't really get why people are after Old Bill. He got pussy-whipped by Melissa, she's the mastermind behind the vaccine schemes. Look at her.

Edited by DrTuner

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No.

Not exactly. 

Vaccine effectivity and safety are entirely different things. 

If you do some basic research you will find that a vaccine that is safe and 50 percent effective will be seen as a definite go ahead. 

If more people take such a vaccine the risk of infection is reduced for all the public. 

It is not as you suggest a decision impacting only individuals. 

Congratulations. We finally agree on something. Great!

8 hours ago, checkered flag said:

I'm with you. As a retired health care professional, I had a lot of needles stuck in me and I also stuck some in patients. Nothing to be afraid of. 

There will not be enough vaccine for everyone at the start. I will happily give my place in line to people who are vulnerable  and others living in fear. If deemed necessary I would eventually take it. For those of you who feel they need it as soon as possible be grateful everyone does not feel the same way. Stop insulting them and trying to convince them to fight for your place in line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocketdave said:

No, I don't plan to be vaccinated, I went down with bird flu in 1997. Haven't had any corona virus illnesses since.

Umm. Flu is influenza, not a corona virus. Common cold is caused by, among others, coronaviruses. You might want to brush up your info a tad.

Around 1976 over 25% of Americans were shot up with some Swine Flu vaccine. Now those are the ones most likely to die of Covid-19.  Go figure. I'm thinking a new huridly developed vaccine using short cuts is probably not gonna kill many but watch out for Gullain-Barre.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Around 1976 over 25% of Americans were shot up with some Swine Flu vaccine. Now those are the ones most likely to die of Covid-19.  Go figure. 

Vaccinated in 1976, many would have been born in 50's or earlier and are now over 65y old, the main targets of covid. Old age kills, 100% IFR (ok there's one claim of the opposite but I ain't buying that or the water to wine thing either).

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

Am i the first to say that I will take a vaccine?

Why cannot we presume proper science has been effected and proper trials shown that the vaccine is safe and will do its job?

Too many people on this forum are simply cynical; most of you have made a judgement about a vaccine that hasn't yet even been created. The question in the OP is about "what if"?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Why cannot we presume proper science has been effected and proper trials shown that the vaccine is safe and will do its job?

You do know what assuming makes out of you and me?

It's a trust issue. If it's a CCP vaccine, anything coming from there must be handled with extreme prejudice, absolute zero trust. If it's Oxford, first thing to check if any Chinese were involved. Even if it is a western product, it's a hastily gobbled together one. Let hapless guinea pigs take it first and only after a good body of research on them, perhaps consider taking it, unless the virus has already waved goodbye.

But hey, guinea pigs are welcome. We others will need them for tests.

Edited by DrTuner