BANGKOK
Scott

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Herd immunity gained from both the already infected and the vaccinated eventually means the pandemic phase of the virus is over and with that the extreme measures would be over as well.

or at least until the next novel virus. H2N2, H1N1, we got a bit lucky, Covid-19 less so. 

Between a limited efficacy, multiple applications (two, annual booster) and cost, I think Herders, Hoaxers and Anti-Vaxxers will somewhat limit the effectiveness of a vacine in the U.S.

20 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

shut up and take my money.

when its available I'll be there the morning day 1.

I had to quote to get the box to appear to comment!

My young (40's) neighbor told me his Dad got very hurt by the polio virus, physically..

Then he told me about the 'virus Court's okay, NPR was talking about the billion dollars to give Moderna?, I forget, then they have to buy many doses. A scientific, good blind?, test has to be 50%,effective, therefore no guarantee of immunity for Me or Thou..

Alohaas

(Hey, no worry about Bill G, had him in my 4 Seasons taxi, nice folks!) Young people believe everything! Alohoho

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't have one.

Look on you forehead, it's probably there.

I will take it after some time so we  get more data.  I don't trust this fast track process.   If I needed to travel  that may change my priorities.  

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

or at least until the next novel virus. H2N2, H1N1, we got a bit lucky, Covid-19 less so. 

Between a limited efficacy, multiple applications (two, annual booster) and cost, I think Herders, Hoaxers and Anti-Vaxxers will somewhat limit the effectiveness of a vacine in the U.S.

Hopefully we will learn and be better prepared for the next one. A strategic stock pile of essential meds, PPEs, and medical equipment should never be in a depleted state. Also a proactive plan to quickly limit the spread. Because these things were ignored in past administrations and a lot of catch up was needed. 

I was part of disaster preparation group at a large hospital in the US. We did regular inventory checks to assure amounts and proper rotation of supplies, disaster drills, etc. At the year 2000 there were fears of computer and electrical outages. We had 1) regular and local emergency electrical services covered; 2) Our back up generators were rechecked (beyond regular checks); 3) we brought in additional generators on trucks. 

Back up to our computer system we up to date and we were prepared to move to manual systems.

Each department had to do inventory checks to assure adequate supplies. 

All department managers and directors were on 30 minute notice to come in.

It wasn't a waste of time and taught us all about planning and teamwork. We were fortunate that non of our efforts were needed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Hopefully we will learn and be better prepared for the next one.

Wouldn't it just be easier to ban Chinese from entering other countries?

Almost all new disease comes from China.

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The glaring flaw in this questionare is the assumption there WILL be a vaccine. This is not a given.

There will be some kind of vaccine. The US government has ordered a bunch before the testing. But what type and how effective it/they will be is open to question.

Also an antibody vaccine is close. Cheap and plentiful. How long it will last is unknown at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

"Wouldn't it just be easier to ban Chinese from entering other countries?

Almost all new disease comes from China."

Gets my vote......you are absolutely correct....They've done it 4 times in the last 60 years.

Edited by Suua
  • Like 1

If it was a Chinese vaccine then the chances of me taking it would be 0% western 100% yes.

Posted (edited)

For any uneducated person, far away from reality, that laughed at me because I said that there are already programs that will make sure everyone on this <deleted> earth will get the COVID(CertificateOfVaccinationIdentificationDocument)-vaccine, I attached the picture.

I would kindly request a reaction to that, that includes more than a „tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist“-comment

And here you have a scientific study that proves than unvaccinated children are generally more healthy than vaccinated children:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2050312120925344

68811BCC-72E8-4400-8DE6-4A1B3913EC2F.jpeg

Edited by KohKood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, KohKood said:

Ah yes, one question for all these people here shouting about conspiracies and tinfoil-hats:

Bill Gates mentioned several times that he thinks the world is overpopulated and the amount of people should be descreased drastically. Fact, you can see videos of him talking about this at TED and so on.

So IF this Coronavirus is really as dangerous and only the vaccine will keep the people from dying in masses, WHY a guy who wanna decrease world population should force the vaccine?!

It just makes no fukkin sense.

Don't think he wants to cull people or have them die from diseases in order to reduce the population.

The population can be decreased by using birth control.  I also agree that their are too many of us humans...and we are putting a massive strain on the worlds resources and natural environment. If the population continues to increase this will just get worse and cause suffering to us humans. 

I believe in vaccines...so long as they are rigourously tested and also studies for their long term effects. So I would not get the vaccine straight awaym .but rather wait a few years to check it's safety. 

• Sad 1

Never mind Covid. How many of the posters of the above 191 posts have been vaccinated against Pneumonia? Vaccines already available. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, meechai said:

No...Have never taken any flu vaccines H1N1/SARS etc & do not see myself taking this one either

Not against it in any way & am glad it is there for those that want it

You're not against it, but have never taken any flu shots? It seems to be quite clear that you are against it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

I don't have a small pox scar. 

Nobody in our household has a scar. It was apparently some method of administering the vaccine in the dark ages that caused it.