Looking for advice - Tabien baan options for newborn

rxr

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on what options I have for registering my newborn to a tabien baan. My wife and 1st daughter are registered to my mother in law's house book. However, my wife and her mother have had a MAJOR falling out. We don't expect that my mother in law would allow us to add our new child to her house book when the child is born in September.

My wife and I own a piece of land in Chiang Mai and are planning to build a house, but it won't be complete before the baby is born next month. What options do we have in order to register the baby within 15 days of birth? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can use literally anyone's house book if you have their permission. It's better to keep the registration in the same Khet/Amphur as your wife if you can, but you don't have to.

Some people just pay a few hundred baht to someone in the neighbourhood. Move your wife into the new book first, then add the child when they arrive.

• Like 1

Tell your wife to make her own Tabien Bahn. Move your kids onto the new one then register your new born on your wife's new separate house book.

Remember it us just a registered address it has nothing to do with house or land ownership. 

Good luck!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maprao said:

Tell your wife to make her own Tabien Bahn. Move your kids onto the new one then register your new born on your wife's new separate house book.

Remember it us just a registered address it has nothing to do with house or land ownership. 

Good luck!

You need a house or a condo in order to get the blue book. 1 house can only have 1 book, and since the book is linked to a specific address (house or condo) you can't have a book without a house

Edited by LukKrueng
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, rxr said:

We don't expect that my mother in law would allow us to add our new child to her house book when the child is born in September.

As a child need to be registered in a House Book, I would presume that your inlaw cannot refuse registration of a child of one already registered in the house book.

When your new house is 80 percent build you can normally obtain a house book, and by that time move your wife a both children to that house book. You can also apply for a "yellow house book for aliens" for yourself.

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

As a child need to be registered in a House Book, I would presume that your inlaw cannot refuse registration of a child of one already registered in the house book.

When your new house is 80 percent build you can normally obtain a house book, and by that time move your wife a both children to that house book. You can also apply for a "yellow house book for aliens" for yourself.

I'm not sure you are correct about it. In order to enter anyone to a blue book the house master or the owner must approve it and I don't think thee is a way or a law that can force it.

As for issuing a book for a new house, the actual procedure is that the village chief has to inspect the completion of the house before he issues the documents with which you go to the district office to get the book. In most cases they won't actually go to inspect and just sign the documents, so maybe the wife can talk to him and explain the situation and that she needs the document before the new baby is born. 

Reading the OP again, I see that the house building hasn't even started yet and it's in the planing faze so I assume that won't be an option.

However, the baby can be registered at a different address than the mother

53 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I'm not sure you are correct about it. In order to enter anyone to a blue book the house master or the owner must approve it and I don't think thee is a way or a law that can force it.

As for issuing a book for a new house, the actual procedure is that the village chief has to inspect the completion of the house before he issues the documents with which you go to the district office to get the book. In most cases they won't actually go to inspect and just sign the documents, so maybe the wife can talk to him and explain the situation and that she needs the document before the new baby is born. 

Reading the OP again, I see that the house building hasn't even started yet and it's in the planing faze so I assume that won't be an option.

However, the baby can be registered at a different address than the mother

Well I got the answer for OP, and you.

Yes, the mother, or rather the house master, always need to approve a new name in a house book. However, if that is not possible, a new born will be put into the tessa ban's house book in the district where the child is born – the district office has a general register for those that for one-or-other reason cannot be put into a house book – and when OP's house is ready for obtaining it's own house book, the child can be moved out to there.

So "no problem" for OP and house book...????

Concerning a house book – and I talk from both experience and how the rules has been explained to me by the tessa ban office, where I live – house book is issued by tessa ban, and it's tessa ban that both approves permission to build a house, and inspect when it's finished. 80 percent is enough for a house book, and following normal rules that shall be reached within one year from building permission is given; otherwise one need to apply for an extension of the building period.

OP says that land where a new house will be build is in Chiang Mai. It might be that in rural villages it's the head-of-village – Poo yai ban – that inspect a new build house, I presume that even some might still build a new house without prior building permission...????

21 hours ago, rxr said:

My wife and I own a piece of land in Chiang Mai and are planning to build a house, but it won't be complete before the baby is born next month. What options do we have in order to register the baby within 15 days of birth? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I paid a little old lady that lived down the road 1,000bht to put my wife, step-daughter and newborn in her book.

Little old ladies living alone are often in need of some spare cash.

It made hospitals and schools a lot easier, until I bought her a house of her own.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, maprao said:

Good luck!

As stated, one house book is issued per house/apartment building/condo/other type of building that is registered and approved for construction.

You cannot make a house book unless you build a property first, and it's one property, one book.

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

The house master can refuse anyone registration without the need to give a reason.