Investors urged to be cautious amid clamour for gold

22 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

If you want gold without the storage risk, buy gold funds.  But as the previous poster noted—price seems high now.

Can these gold funds be trusted?And how does one trust a gold fund?

Gold will easily hit $2500 within the next year, more likely within the next 6 months. It’s still ok to buy at this price, but silver might be a better investment (silver might double).

Some gold “gurus” are predicting 3 to 5k gold, I’m not saying it’s impossible but would be a stretch. I’m selling my holdings at 2500 gold unless I see a clear path upward when that is hit, and silver right before it hits 50.

The current conditions are ripe for a gold and silver bubble as we saw in 2011/12 but will probably be more comparable with the 2017 bitcoin bubble in magnitude. Buy now or regret later, but don’t be greedy and sell when you have a nice profit. 

If you have a US, UK or Euro brokerage account you can buy “physical gold” ETF. These are ETF backed by real gold / silver / etc bars, the so called paper gold. 
Obviously they’re not as good as holding real gold and won’t save you in a total system collapse but good luck not getting robbed and shot outside of your house in that scenario. These ETF offer a decent exposure to risk trade off for most investors.

As always, do your own research before you buy into any of these, but there are good ones out there.

I’m not going to go into the reasons for my predictions but they obviously have to do with the money printing. There’s lots of places to read about this, YouTube videos, etc, so you make up your own mind.

Edited by Barnabe
On 8/9/2020 at 5:30 PM, Tounge Thaied said:

Oxymoron... two contradictory opposing ideas coming together... that would be a high price of gold and now purchasing it as an investment. Back home we call that an oxymoron. Should have invested in gold when the price was low... or am I missing something here?

Yes it is nothing short of an "oximoron". What to do? Be part of this current particular "oximoron" with a reduced capital engagement. But shift a good part of your liquid assets into grains (corn/wheat) as currently nobody wants to hold this stuff. Apply reverse "oximoronic" circumstances in your (long-term) financial favour.

OR: Buy low, sell high. Applicable to Commodities only, not individual Stocks. Worked for me during the last 40 years.