Seized vehicles go on sale

rooster59

Seized vehicles go on sale

By The Nation

800_4f23233da06f68d.jpg

Photo Credit: Nation Photo by Tanachai Pramarnpanich

The Customs Department held an auction of 201 seized vehicles on Saturday (August 8).

Related story:

Porsche, Ferrari beauties to go under the gavel this weekend

9B3A4834.jpg

The auction was held both offline and online at the Customs Department building in Bangkok’s Klong Toei district.

9B3A4719.jpg

Krisada Chinavicharana, the department's director-general, presided over the opening ceremony.

"This year, the department held an online auction for the first time to facilitate people to join in the auction anywhere and at anytime," he said.

9B3A4861.jpg

He explained that the department had allowed people to visit the parking lot of the Customs Department from August 5 to 7 to check out the cars and motorbikes in person, adding that many people were interested in this event.

"Income from this auction will be delivered to the state in line with the Ministry of Finance's guidelines to sell seized goods. We are expecting to generate at least Bt300 million from the auction," he said.

EOSR6242.jpg

He added that the vehicle that people were most interested in was a Ferrari California T 2015.

"The bidding for this car closed at Bt12.70 million from the opening price of Bt10.31 million," he added.

EOSR6357.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392668

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-09

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He added that the vehicle that people were most interested in was a Ferrari California T 2015.

had this red bull "boss" guy been back he'd be interested in this car too as a replacement for the he wrecked...

• Haha 1

I have seen articles like this for the past couple of weeks. They say the auction expects to yield about 300 million baht from the sale of 200 vehicles ie 1.5 million baht per vehicle, yet all the photographs are of vehicles worth 10 million or more.

What is the catch? Is it rigged and the media using fake math to fool the public that the privileged people who participate and buy these cars are really paying full value for them?????

• Like 2

Taxes on imported goods, where there is no local production to protect are outrageous here and have only one purpose: fill the Government's people pockets. Would be nice if the money would be used to support the unemployed, homeless and elderly.

• Like 1

Are these the cars which they have all ready for many years? The ones which caused space problems with the customs?

I remember an article long time ago about those cars, which werent paid for in taxes. Must have been 3-5 years ago?! I

And as i understood the tax is 300% of value.

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

That is an awful lot of vehicles seized by the customs isn't it!

I wonder why they were seized, does anyone know?

Imported without paying duty...........They used the "Do you know who I am" method!

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

I wonder if the 'foreigner' on the right side of the picture is a teacher?

If he is, we need to find out the name of the school that he teaches at!  ????

Yes...his Principal sent him as he was busy. 

The high performance vehicles need to be maintained & their engines turned over more especially in the heat & humidity here as the oil emulsifies after a while.

You'd need to know your stuff as you can't exactly bring the car back to Customs & demand your money be returned, it's very much a case of caveat emptor.

2 hours ago, time2093 said:

I know Thais LOVE to gamble and care about price and money before any logic sense come to play, but buying a car without test driving it first and having a mechanic inspect it sounds pretty dumb to me.

Would you really let a Thai test drive a Ferrari? At least get all the motorcycle cops to safety before that.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Perhaps some owners had no chance to pick them up. Including some farang who are inside now. 

22 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Either one of 2 reasons

1) They broke the law thats why the car(s) were seized

Sorry could only think of one reason