ASQ Booking - (all full ???)

Perhaps I misunderstand but thought you had to have arranged this prior to obtaining Consulate clearance allowing travel here.  Are you sure he is arriving on 19th or is that just his wish?  The amount of quarantine places greatly effects who can travel and when.  Suspect it might be too much to hope that they would have a central registry of what is available when - but such might be the case.  There is a known shortage of available rooms so expect it is very much first come first served/reserved.  

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps I misunderstand but thought you had to have arranged this prior to obtaining Consulate clearance allowing travel here.  Are you sure he is arriving on 19th or is that just his wish?  The amount of quarantine places greatly effects who can travel and when.  Suspect it might be too much to hope that they would have a central registry of what is available when - but such might be the case.  There is a known shortage of available rooms so expect it is very much first come first served/reserved.  

A friend has been notified that his Certificate of Entry has been approved. 

He’s been told which flight he can return on. 

He has to secure the ASQ booking for his arrival date (and make payment for his flight) before the Embassy will e-mail him the CoE. 

SOME Embassies are taking the MFA instructions too literally and are requiring ASQ bookings upon application for the CoE which is just idiotic and fills up all the spaces with bookings for dates people will have to cancel as they don’t yet know their flight date or even if their entry has been approved. 

Other Embassies have taken a more common sense approach to the instructions issued by the MFA and recognised that its impossible to Book an ASQ and Flight when it is the Embassy who allocate the flights. 

• Like 2

The latest email from the Thai Embassy UK.

Dear Sir/Madam,

**Please note that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the extension of travel ban of commercial flights to Thailand until further notice.**

We can not issue your certificate of entry until you have repatriation flight book.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

The latest email from the Thai Embassy UK.

Dear Sir/Madam,

**Please note that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the extension of travel ban of commercial flights to Thailand until further notice.**

We can not issue your certificate of entry until you have repatriation flight book.

Note the key word ‘issue’..... 

I’ve been through the process already and returned home from ASQ last week. 

At some point after the initial application, if a seat on a repatriation flight becomes available the Embassy notify you that your CoE has been approved. You are offered a repatriation flight (or choice of flights). 

You pay for the flight and receive conformation, at the same time you book your ASQ Hotel. 

After e-mailing the Embassy your ASQ booking and flight confirmation the Embassy will e-mail you (issue) your CoE. 

• Like 1

I think that the situation is to some extent like a moving target. The number of hotels on the list has increased, people book and then for some reason don't obtain the COE (too many applicants for example) so have to cancel or change the dates of ASQ that they have booked already, etc. Many people may want the cheapest room available in a hotel, whereas more expensive rooms may be available.

I was offered a seat on the first flight out of the country where I am last week but could not travel to the airport as where I was lockown was imposed for 80 hours and it was not possible to leave accommodation. I got a flight yesterday and obviously changed ASQ - same place, same type of room - it may have helped that I originally paid 6 weeks ago and paid for a suite.

One fellow traveller on the flight yesterday only booked ASQ on 7th afternoon at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. He had called several hotels, speaks fluent Thai and judging by his character is polite but persistent.

Where I was the Thai Embassy staff have done a fantastic job under great pressure. Uo to a week ago there were more than 1000 applications for COE at the Embassyy alone and many more at the three Consulates. Less than 150 non-Thai people have received COE for a Thai Government repatriation flight. 

The LA Consulate seems to be insisting that for my application for COE to be processed I must provide proof of purchase of both the flight and ASQ.  That seems to be a ridiculous demand.  If the Consulate follows the pattern they set in July, they won't release the September dates for repatriation flights until the last week of Aug.  Meanwhile it seems likely that all the ASQ rooms will already be taken!

Our desired departure dates are more constrained than most applicants.  We have to arrange for the delivery and loading of our shipping container just before our departure flight.  The shipping company wants 10 days notice to change our loading date.  Sheesh!  How many balls do I have to keep in the air simultaneously to get this done???

Edited by gamb00ler

On 8/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, richard_smith237 said:

At some point after the initial application, if a seat on a repatriation flight becomes available the Embassy notify you that your CoE has been approved. You are offered a repatriation flight (or choice of flights). 

You pay for the flight and receive conformation, at the same time you book your ASQ Hotel. 

4 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

The LA Consulate seems to be insisting that for my application for COE to be processed I must provide proof of purchase of both the flight and ASQ.  That seems to be a ridiculous demand.

I have just got this from the London Embassy. I asked (again) what documents i need from my employer for a Non B application and CoE application.

Looks like they want you to book a flight before submitting a COE application. Crazy!

Dear Sir/Madam,

please get repatriation flight first then you can send your documents for COE 

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

My experience regarding repatriation for Thai National from U.K.

informed by Thai embassy we must book  quarantine hotel and send proof. They will then get Airways to confirm flight,informing us of how to pay,and issue a permission to fly. We then book a fit to fly telephone appointment.

fit to fly booked 48hrs before flight

quarantine hotel booked and payed for

still awaiting flight details and to pay Thai Airways 

still awaiting embassy permit to fly

Flight is supposed to go on 16th.....6 days!

On 8/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

A friend has been notified that his Certificate of Entry has been approved. 

He’s been told which flight he can return on. 

He has to secure the ASQ booking for his arrival date (and make payment for his flight) before the Embassy will e-mail him the CoE. 

SOME Embassies are taking the MFA instructions too literally and are requiring ASQ bookings upon application for the CoE which is just idiotic and fills up all the spaces with bookings for dates people will have to cancel as they don’t yet know their flight date or even if their entry has been approved. 

Other Embassies have taken a more common sense approach to the instructions issued by the MFA and recognised that its impossible to Book an ASQ and Flight when it is the Embassy who allocate the flights. 

when you state embassies, do you mean the Thai consulate? If so, then this would make more sense to why some are requiring it one way, why another is requiring things another way. No actual training, with everything left up to the director at each location to decide what kind of obstacle they wish to place before any certain individual. I state that, for I have seen requirements change even within my own party, with females usually having a better go at the processes the Thai authority request.

8 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

The LA Consulate seems to be insisting that for my application for COE to be processed I must provide proof of purchase of both the flight and ASQ.  That seems to be a ridiculous demand.  If the Consulate follows the pattern they set in July, they won't release the September dates for repatriation flights until the last week of Aug.  Meanwhile it seems likely that all the ASQ rooms will already be taken!

Our desired departure dates are more constrained than most applicants.  We have to arrange for the delivery and loading of our shipping container just before our departure flight.  The shipping company wants 10 days notice to change our loading date.  Sheesh!  How many balls do I have to keep in the air simultaneously to get this done???

Just setting the bar impossibly high and thereby ensuring the absolute minimum actually make it back into Thailand. Shortage of ASQ is just another unnecessary obstacle. Same story with repatriation flights The hotel industry is on its knees and crying out for business and I am sure would jump through all the hoops required to be able to make some money again. Same with international airlines. The demand is there, just not the official nod. I, for one, would not book seats on any flight to Thailand until such time as there is an official gazetted notice published in Thailand to the effect that International commercial flights may once again off-load travelers in Thailand. Any such flights will not fly and you might end up out-of-pocket.Good luck and hope it works out well in the end.

The list is up to 38 hotels now so they are being added to every week. Not sure who is using them unless its Thais not wanting to stay in state quarantine hotels or husbands flying with wives. Is it still the Ambassador on Sukhumvit and some place in Jomtien for the government ones ?

On 8/8/2020 at 11:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Note the key word ‘issue’..... 

I’ve been through the process already and returned home from ASQ last week. 

After e-mailing the Embassy your ASQ booking and flight confirmation the Embassy will e-mail you (issue) your CoE. 

Seems each Embassy/consulate doing things a bit differently.  For the Los Angeles Consulate I had to make the repatriation plane reservation (but not pay until COE issued), from that get the ASQ, submit the flight and the ASQ for the COE (with health insurance coverage, etc...), then send in my passport using the repatriation reservation (and rest of package) to get a visa, then all was put together at the consulate.  Received my COE late this last Fri via e-mail, then paid for flight this morning (Mon), and passport showing up later today.  COVID-19 RT-PCR and Fit to Fly Dr appt set up with guaranteed 48hr results at the latest Aug 28th.

I'm at the O2 in BKK, 38k baht.  Did not have a problem getting the hotel on Aug 3rd.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Please see my post submitted 9:26am PST.  They did the COE and Visa off the reservation which was not paid for until the LA Consulate issued the COE, then paid for the flight.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:14 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Has anyone secured an ASQ booking recently?

A friend is returning on 19th August, every ASQ he has tried is full.

Just throwing this out there - has anyone had success over similar dates? Which hotel ?

There's a new (to me) box appeared on the website labelled "Alternative Local State Quarantine"   It doesn't lead anywhere yet, but worth keeping an eye on in case it provides some alternatives.

http://hsscovid.com/

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Seems each Embassy/consulate doing things a bit differently.  For the Los Angeles Consulate I had to make the repatriation plane reservation (but not pay until COE issued), from that get the ASQ, submit the flight and the ASQ for the COE (with health insurance coverage, etc...), then send in my passport using the repatriation reservation (and rest of package) to get a visa, then all was put together at the consulate.  Received my COE late this last Fri via e-mail, then paid for flight this morning (Mon), and passport showing up later today.  COVID-19 RT-PCR and Fit to Fly Dr appt set up with guaranteed 48hr results at the latest Aug 28th.

I'm at the O2 in BKK, 38k baht.  Did not have a problem getting the hotel on Aug 3rd.

Wow! I am also doing the OCE at Los Angeles Consulate, I leave the 24th. Where id you find a RT-PCR test? I am desperate for this because every clinic I called either does not do PCR tests, or there is 2 week waiting time to get results. If you could share this I would be super appreciative.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

There's a new (to me) box appeared on the website labelled "Alternative Local State Quarantine"   It doesn't lead anywhere yet, but worth keeping an eye on in case it provides some alternatives.

http://hsscovid.com/

I thought the LSQ was for those Thai’s under state quarantine after arriving at a land-border. I have seen this a few weeks ago and assumed the ALSQ was a better standard of accommodation for those who wish to pay for better facilities after crossing at a land border. 

However, as I understand it, non-Thai’s are still not permitted entry at the border unless under labour allowances - thus, I assume some companies are paying for their labourers to quarantine at some ‘cheap’ ALSQ’s. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I am in the same boat. managed to use the moving company to reduce the notice period to 5 days .yes, too many moving parts..

12 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Here in Vietnam, they are requiring covid test before I apply for Visa and COE and then another 72 hours before the flight, along with the required forms. A bit excessive IMO.

Is there any reason why I wouldn't get 'issued' the Visa or COE? Has anyone actually got denied?

Maybe I should start another post with that question...

I am hesitant on paying for a ASQ that may not be ok with refunds or moving dates.

I will also say, for places that were completely desperate from needing any type of business til giving them way too much business and power all at once, with the way these hotels barely get back to you and how most handle things...like some god complex BS.

I understand they are busy but really...

On 8/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, DrPhibes said:

I have two questions, if you don't mind. How long did it take to get the Visa processed, I assume you and they used an overnight carrier for the document exchange? Where do you get the test at your doctors office?