Trying to pay Homepro

doctormann

I'm having a problem trying to pay a Homepro order using a Thai debit card (Kasikorn debit))

I have carefully selected my items, added them to the cart and proceeded to check-out.

Now it gets silly.  I select the debit/credit card option and try to proceed.

A pop-up then asks me for the number on the front of my card but this is not the normal card number, it seems.  A drop-down menu gives me a choice of numbers to input but none seem relevant and i can go no further.  Same story if I try my TMB card.

Maybe I'm overlooking something or maybe they just don't want my money!

Any ideas, short of phoning them and hoping to talk to an English speaker?

Does your debit card have a VISA or MasterCard logo on it? Any of these?

image.png.d8835a847425dbfec7b292d6de84f4d7.png

https://kasikornbank.com/en/personal/Debit-Card

If yes, then you should just select the card type according to that logo as numbers on their debit and credit cards are of same format.

Card number, CVV code and expiry xx/yy is required on the card to be able to make online payments.

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Does your debit card have a VISA or MasterCard logo on it? Any of these?

image.png.d8835a847425dbfec7b292d6de84f4d7.png

https://kasikornbank.com/en/personal/Debit-Card

If yes, then you should just select the card type according to that logo as numbers on their debit and credit cards are of same format.

Card number, CVV code and expiry xx/yy is required on the card to be able to make online payments.

K-Debit card.

The numbers on the pop-up bear no resemblance to anything on the card.

I've bought things online with this card before with no problem - even from Homepro - so something has changed.

A bit of investigation leads me to think that I may need to change the card so that instead of being a 'Privileged Customer' my actual name appears on the card, maybe with a more relevant number.  I'll need to go into the bank to sort this out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

With Kasikorn the normal debit card does not work. You need to go to the web bank and apply for the "K-Web Shopping Card" virtual card and use that. It's a bit stupid.

Yes, I think that you are correct.

An additional problem with my K-Bank account is that my phone app doesn't work fully because the Android version is too old and cannot be upgraded.  I'm trying to avoid buying a new phone but I suppose that i can't put it off for ever.  PITA!!

10 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Yes, I think that you are correct.

An additional problem with my K-Bank account is that my phone app doesn't work fully because the Android version is too old and cannot be upgraded.  I'm trying to avoid buying a new phone but I suppose that i can't put it off for ever.  PITA!!

To use the K Bank debit card for internet purchases usually requires the card to be registered and a phone number attached . This is to allow the receiving of a OTP.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

To use the K Bank debit card for internet purchases usually requires the card to be registered and a phone number attached . This is to allow the receiving of a OTP.

Probably easiest to go into a branch and let them sort it out.

13 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Seconded...exactly what I had to do and now no problems using it even for foreign transactions.

31 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Probably easiest to go into a branch and let them sort it out.

It was possible to do via ATM machine, selecting OTHER SERVICE option. 

Do not know if this is still possible,  due to various ATMs have been upgraded for identity verification.

• Thanks 1

Bank debit cards don't work for online purchases. They have to have the VISA or Mastercard logo, and then you ALSO must activate it. It is not automatically activated when you get the card. I can't remember how I activated mine, I think I did it at an ATM machine. 

13 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Bank debit cards don't work for online purchases. They have to have the VISA or Mastercard logo, and then you ALSO must activate it. It is not automatically activated when you get the card. I can't remember how I activated mine, I think I did it at an ATM machine. 

My cards do have the VISA logo.  The Kasikorn card has also been VBVd and certainly used to work for online purchases - bit not any more.  I shall pop into the bank, next time I'm in town.  I've never tried to use the TMB card for online purchases so it is quite possible that it has not been activated.

38 minutes ago, doctormann said:

My cards do have the VISA logo.  The Kasikorn card has also been VBVd and certainly used to work for online purchases - bit not any more.  I shall pop into the bank, next time I'm in town.  I've never tried to use the TMB card for online purchases so it is quite possible that it has not been activated.

Have you completed the Verified by Visa registration?

https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx

16 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Have you completed the Verified by Visa registration?

https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx

Yes, a long time ago and, as I said, there used yo be no problem using the card for online shopping.  Either something has changed or this is a quirk with Homepro - but I've bought online from them previously, but not recently.  Last time was probably about two years ago.