Samet Speed Boat

corkman

Hi all,

I'm booked to go to Samed 14-16 Aug. I believe there's a weather warning in place at the moment (9 Aug), but assuming that eases are the speed boat operators up and running again (to drop me at the beach in front of my resort) or is it slow boat only?

If slow boat only, whats the best pier to go to for the slow boat? I don't mind paying an extra few baht for (relative) safety and convenience.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by corkman

All that info should be available on a dedicated Samet web site.

While it's many years since I went there, the slow boats only went to the town or Malibu resort. The park rangers still got their money at the Malibu pier, not that they picked up the garbage all over the place for it.

Wait- there was another boat went to the small beach on the other side of the island. Far as I know they all left from same pier on the mainland.

If I recall correctly you can get the ferry from Ban Pae Ao Prao Pier (to Aao Prao beach) or Nuan Tip Pier (to Nadan Pier).

From Nadan Pier you can get a Song Thaew to your resort (usually about 150-250 baht per journey (not per person) depending on how far down the island your resort is.

It depends which resort you have booked which side of the island they are, or whether your resort includes transfers.

i.e if you have booked any place in the Samet Resorts Group you go to their Ban Pae office and park up there. 

They deal with your transport and their boat takes you to a different pier (Aao Klang Pier) and you get a ‘free’ Song Thaew to your resort (they also take care of all of your baggage). 

There is also Vongdeurn mainland office, they may also handled direct transfers etc.

The ferries leave quite regularly - there is also more info if you do some google searching. 

Whenever we’re not staying a the Samet Resorts Group we just wing it and go to any of the ferries. 

We don’t bother with the speed boats any more, we found them to be a little too cowboyish. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, corkman said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've looked for current status on a dedicated Samet website etc.,  but there's nothing that I can see.

Anyone else have any updates for Samet for this Friday 14th?

image.png.d1cee7296db2d860e798d8299133a916.png

Steve and others. Thanks for the replies. Just going to have to brave it I guguessI planned to go last month, then the COVID mupoets went running around Rayong, and so I've got hotel dates that I've got to use.

Anyone been recently and can recommend a bar for a beer (in the rain) or a recommended restaurant?