I can’t remember my AIS sim card telephone number

tomgreen

I have a Pre Paid AIS sim card in a very old android mobile phone that I some time use and now when I go to make a telephone call from that mobile phone I get a message saying to make any outgoing calls I now need to top up the credit for the AIS sim card before the 23rd of August 2020.

My problem is that I can’t find the original AIS sim card sales packet the sim came in , and I can’t remember the AIS sim card telephone number , so I can’t top the credit up. And for some reason I can’t find any old call logs on the mobile phone showing the sim card telephone number  or any reference to the actual sim card telephone number any where on the phone.

Any one know a way to find out what the telephone number is for my AIS sim card is .

Tom

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, samsensam said:

call your mate's phone and see what number shows.

He can't he has no credit.

Try going to an AiS shop and telling them your woes. But it may be easier to just get a new SIM.

• Like 2

In the good old times when top up (scratch off) cards where available about everywhere:

*120*<16 digit PIN>#

to top up.

The are still available but maybe harder to find:

https://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-card-detail01-1.html

(I bet a Baht that the USSD code *545# will work)

Last resort: AIS shop.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

I don’t get it! Since when do you need your mobile number to top up the credit? You just go to any 7 Eleven and tell them the amount you want to top up, enter the number and that’s it?! At least that’s the way it was back in 2014 when I left! 

Doesn’t anyone you know have your number in Thailand? 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Confused 7
  • Haha 2

I think AIS can look up the SIM card number on the back and/or look up via the ID used to register. Just take it into the shop. Additionally, there might be something in the phone settings - showing the phone number. I do not have an Android - so not 100% sure. Good luck.

• Like 1

I go to the AIS shop at the Big C to top up my month as there is a cutie working there....Sucked 7-11 stopped doing AIS ...there are however self serve booths scattered about..or there is an app as well....spotify gives you a cheap deal with AIS too, as i would play music while biking all day every day...400 a month -- good stuff

5 minutes ago, dwagner said:

I think AIS can look up the SIM card number on the back and/or look up via the ID used to register. Just take it into the shop. Additionally, there might be something in the phone settings - showing the phone number. I do not have an Android - so not 100% sure. Good luck.

correct  on back of sim but super tiny to read..can use phone camera and zoom in

• Like 1

So here is what you do. Your phone number is linked to your passport. Call the call center and give them your name and they will give you your number. Secondly, even though you have no credit, you can still call AIS and they will see your number when you call. Then just ask them for your number. Finally, your android phone might display your number as follows:

Option 1

The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use these steps.

1. From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
  2. Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. 

3. Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.

Your phone number should be displayed on the screen. On some devices, it may be listed under “Voice MSISDN Line 1” or “SIM card status“.

Option 2

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Select “Settings“.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see “Phone number“.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Surasak said:
3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

It's called Alzheimer.

First name required please????

I must be doing something wrong.

Wanted to call Alzheimer to ask him what my phone number is and it just rings my own number.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

So here is what you do. Your phone number is linked to your passport. Call the call center and give them your name and they will give you your number. Secondly, even though you have no credit, you can still call AIS and they will see your number when you call. Then just ask them for your number. Finally, your android phone might display your number as follows:

Option 1

The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use these steps.

1. From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
  2. Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. 

3. Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.

Your phone number should be displayed on the screen. On some devices, it may be listed under “Voice MSISDN Line 1” or “SIM card status“.

Option 2

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Select “Settings“.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see “Phone number“.

why do all that?  Take the damn thing to a phone shop and they will get it for you.  It's hardly rocket science now is it? 

• Like 1

Google says...

How do I check what my phone number is?
For every Android phone, regardless of manufacturer, you'll be able to find your phone number if you go to Settings > About Phone or About Device > Status > My phone number. Some Android phones will have SIM or SIM card status listed within Status.Aug 3, 2020

????