I can’t remember my AIS sim card telephone number

tomgreen

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Settings, About Phone  may show your number (or not)

ALL the posts saying you can ALWAYS find your own number in the android system settings  ..."(or not)" is the story of my life. 

Settings / About Phone -- Phone number (sim slot 1): Unknown

Phone number (sim slot 2): Unknown

SIM Status (sim slot 1) AIS -- Phone number on SIM: Unknown

SIM Status (sim slot 2) -- Phone number on SIM: Not available 

Message app settings:  Phone number: Unknown

Edited by RichCor

9 hours ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Are you reading your own words? ????

Ok, let me rephrase that. Back when I was still living in Thailand, I’ve left in 2014, you went to 7 Eleven told them the amount you wanted, they printed out a number which you then had to enter using a prefix that went something like *120*number on the slip# then you hit dial and that topped up your phone. Before they began to print out the recharge numbers you had to buy cards and then rub off the silver stuff on the back to get to the number. Either way, I never needed my mobile number for that! 

Instead of your self righteous reply, I would’ve appreciated you telling me how it’s done nowadays because obviously something must’ve changed since then, me not knowing what has changed should’ve been pretty obvious from my original post! 

People these days!!! 

12 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I don’t get it! Since when do you need your mobile number to top up the credit? You just go to any 7 Eleven and tell them the amount you want to top up, enter the number and that’s it?!

You've clarified this original comment in post #35, so "enter the number and that's it" was NOT the unknown phone number itself but a unique token top up code for the recharge amount purchased that could be applied to any active 12Call phone.

These days the 7/11 staff ask for or ask you to enter the phone number into their card reader pin pad that you want topped up.

I haven't seen anyone use the scratch-off cards or e-receipt slip with a unique token top up code for a long while, even though it's still listed as ways to top up on their website.

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Ok, let me rephrase that. Back when I was still living in Thailand, I’ve left in 2014, you went to 7 Eleven told them the amount you wanted, they printed out a number which you then had to enter using a prefix that went something like *120*number on the slip# then you hit dial and that topped up your phone. Before they began to print out the recharge numbers you had to buy cards and then rub off the silver stuff on the back to get to the number. Either way, I never needed my mobile number for that! 

Instead of your self righteous reply, I would’ve appreciated you telling me how it’s done nowadays because obviously something must’ve changed since then, me not knowing what has changed should’ve been pretty obvious from my original post! 

People these days!!! 

7-Eleven stopped their co-work with AIS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

7-Eleven stopped their co-work with AIS.

Hmm, 2016 October according to an article on khaosodenglish.

"The two parties severed their business agreement after AIS balked at 7-Eleven’s desire to increase its marginal costs to 6 percent from 4 percent, according to a report in Prachachat. In response, the convenience store chain managed by conglomerate CP Group in Thailand stopped AIS products at the beginning of the month.

AIS services remain available at several locations: its retail storefronts; Boonterm top-up machines (often found outside 7-Eleven); ATMs; and markets such as Tops, Big C, Tesco Lotus and Family Mart.

11 hours ago, RichCor said:

You've clarified this original comment in post #35, so "enter the number and that's it" was NOT the unknown phone number itself but a unique token top up code for the recharge amount purchased that could be applied to any active 12Call phone.

These days the 7/11 staff ask for or ask you to enter the phone number into their card reader pin pad that you want topped up.

I haven't seen anyone use the scratch-off cards or e-receipt slip with a unique token top up code for a long while, even though it's still listed as ways to top up on their website.

I assumed that everybody knew that I meant the top up code with “number” since the whole thing was about a prepaid card...

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it! ????

5 hours ago, RichCor said:

Hmm, 2016 October according to an article on khaosodenglish.

"The two parties severed their business agreement after AIS balked at 7-Eleven’s desire to increase its marginal costs to 6 percent from 4 percent, according to a report in Prachachat. In response, the convenience store chain managed by conglomerate CP Group in Thailand stopped AIS products at the beginning of the month.

AIS services remain available at several locations: its retail storefronts; Boonterm top-up machines (often found outside 7-Eleven); ATMs; and markets such as Tops, Big C, Tesco Lotus and Family Mart.

Stupid move on 7 Eleven’s part, if you ask me, better make the 4 cent than nothing, unless 7 Eleven was writing red numbers with the AIS stuff, which I find hard to believe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just let an AIS agent sort it out for you.  The write the number down somewhere.  I put mine on a little sticky label on the inside of the case.  Also create a little text file that contains your number with a deceptive name and save it to the desktop of one of your machines. Eg., you could name the file “M00nl1te!  The name contains nine characters including a capital letter, three numbers, three small letters and a symbol.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, pacovl46 said:

Stupid move on 7 Eleven’s part, if you ask me, better make the 4 cent than nothing, unless 7 Eleven was writing red numbers with the AIS stuff, which I find hard to believe. 

It also was a drag on the checkout line. The more smoothly that moves the better.

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

image.png.f607d7c6dc6e7c5e7d011ab4e6145401.pngThe same is true for Iphones. 

Only works if operator supports it. AIS does not on Pixel 3, "Unknown".

The dial code to use to get the number was on the first page. Topups can be done on multiple online topup services (google), via net bank, through a friend, etc. 

Hello,

You do not remember your phone number, no friends know that number and you have no credit ?

So why are you losing time searching for that phone number which obviously not important for you and your friends ?

I would suggest to buy another sim card !

Other solutions which might work :

1- (not sure) : Download with wifi the AIS application. I am not sure about it but may be this application will not ask for your phone number and just detect it

2- Don't you use LINE ? If so your phone number is in LINE settings.

Edited by aixois

On 8/10/2020 at 5:55 AM, wmlc said:

Finally, your android phone might display your number as follows:

Option 1

The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use these steps.

1. From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
  2. Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. 

3. Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.

Your phone number should be displayed on the screen. On some devices, it may be listed under “Voice MSISDN Line 1” or “SIM card status“.

Option 2

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Select “Settings“.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see “Phone number“.

Not on my Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 10

Edited by aixois

On 8/16/2020 at 12:54 AM, fakser said:

Each mobile provider has a code number to dial that will reveal your No.

Check Google for your specific provider.

https://sweet3mango.com/travel/keypress-codes-dtac-ais-truemove/

Note that while a SIM card has non-volatile memory storage slots to hold several pieces of information, most of the Thai telecoms do not fill in the telephone number slot when the card is manufactured. The SIM initially tells a nearby phone company radio tower its own ICCID "serial number", and the IMSI identity number of the phone's owner. The company looks up your telephone number in its database, if and when necessary. So the actual telephone number does not need to be on the SIM card. The SIM's full "serial number" is encrypted into a shorter version, and this shorter number is usually printed in very tiny letters on the SIM card itself.

If the telephone number memory slot on the SIM card is empty, the Android Java telephony API returns a zero length character string, and so any app on your phone will say that the phone number is unknown. The front desk clerk in a dtac store has a little electronic toy that can read and write SIM card values, and these toys are also ... obtainable. So any particular Thai SIM may actually have been personalized to actually contain the phone number in its appropriate slot.

For a dtac SIM, enter "*102*9#" and hit the DIAL button to get the phone number of the active SIM. Works fine in my Samsung A71. Official list of dtac USSD codes (similar to the sweet3mango site noted in response #42 from @fakser):
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.dtac.co.th/info/new-sim-manual.html&prev=search&pto=aue

Note that here the DIAL button does not start a telephone call, but rather sends a USSD message to the USSD server computer at the telephone company, which looks up your phone number in the database, then responds by sending a plain SMS text message back to your cell phone.

Explanation of what USSD codes are:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data

What is a SIM card?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_card

The short encoding of a full ICCID is described in:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm

Edited by dave s

10 hours ago, Thomas J said:

image.png.f607d7c6dc6e7c5e7d011ab4e6145401.pngThe same is true for Iphones. 

In U.S.A. the telephone company usually does put the cell phone's telephone number right on the SIM. If you google an informational web page written in U.S.A., it will likely incorrectly tell you to just look in the phone's settings menu. And this does not work in Thailand, because the telco does not store the telephone number locally in the SIM.

5 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

Works for me using AIS but not when using TRUE

USSD code usage varies by provider

Find your own phone number

AIS             *545#

DTAC          *102*9#

TrueMove    *833#

...these and other useful USSD codes are listed on several helpful websites

What are some free keypress codes for DTAC, 1-2 Call and True Move?

MobileTopUp.com