I want to buy good quality grass turf in Kanchanaburi or Suphanburi

Can anyone recommend any places selling grass turf please as I'm finding it next to impossible finding a reliable supplier of good quality grass turf in Kanchanaburi. I'm aware of one on the bypass and will leave it there.

I'd like both Malaysia grass and Nua Noi(Japanese grass) and would be willing to head out to Suphanburi as well for the good stuff.

Thanks for reading.

If you are prepared to travel as far as Suphan Buri you could go a wee bit further to the outer Bangkok ring road ( Route 9 ) around the Bangyai area. Many sellers along this road with all types of grass. I got the best turf I have ever purchased in Thailand at a seller on the corner opposite West Gate shopping mall. It was backed by the most earth I have ever seen on Thai turf. Still not very thick like in the UK but at leas there were no bald patches or yellow bits. Worth the trip if you are buying a lot. It was a 6 hour round trip for me but no local alternatives worth even looking at. The whole area if lined with turf and plant dealers either side of route 9 heading south from Bangyai. Also some to the north but not as good.

29 minutes ago, trucking said:

If you are prepared to travel as far as Suphan Buri you could go a wee bit further to the outer Bangkok ring road ( Route 9 ) around the Bangyai area. Many sellers along this road with all types of grass. I got the best turf I have ever purchased in Thailand at a seller on the corner opposite West Gate shopping mall. It was backed by the most earth I have ever seen on Thai turf. Still not very thick like in the UK but at leas there were no bald patches or yellow bits. Worth the trip if you are buying a lot. It was a 6 hour round trip for me but no local alternatives worth even looking at. The whole area if lined with turf and plant dealers either side of route 9 heading south from Bangyai. Also some to the north but not as good.

Haha, just checked on Google Street View and appears I'm spoilt for choice so thanks again.

Screenshot_20200809-182557.png

• Like 1

If you are driving from Kanchanaburi and heading for Bangkok, route 9 , along the 338 road , then as soon as you turn left onto route 9 , before and after Lamina Films ( marked on google ) there are a couple of places with a good variety.

more grass.jpg

There are a lot of other places between this big Junction and the Westgate Mall junction ( and beyond ) but sometimes they are just off the road in drive around plant Malls. These places take up a few rai of land and have access roads you can drive around to a depth of a couple of hundred meters of the main route 9. if you want anything at all for the garden this whole area has it.

grass.jpg

Edited by trucking
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, trucking said:

If you are driving from Kanchanaburi and heading for Bangkok, route 9 , along the 338 road , then as soon as you turn left onto route 9 , before and after Lamina Films ( marked on google ) there are a couple of places with a good variety.

more grass.jpg

There are a lot of other places between this big Junction and the Westgate Mall junction ( and beyond ) but sometimes they are just off the road in drive around plant Malls. These places take up a few rai of land and have access roads you can drive around to a depth of a couple of hundred meters of the main route 9. if you want anything at all for the garden this whole area has it.

grass.jpg

Thanks for the directions.....wifey is already planning a plant shopping expedition as well.