BKK bank visa card limit

is your visa card secured with a fixed deposit amount, can only increase to the total of the secured deposit, that's what happen to me, had to increase my deposit and by doing so they increased my available balance/total

• Like 1

Are you talking daily limit of a debit card or credit limit of a credit care?  If debit card daily limit yes it can be changed via phone process four digit number - not sure if can use that from overseas however.

Call their service number.

With the K-Bank after pressing 1, 2, 3 whatever to get to the credit card there is one menu option: Temporary increase credit limit. And that works within minutes. I guess every bank has something similar.

For a long time increase it's likely that you have to visit the bank with some documents.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you talking daily limit of a debit card or credit limit of a credit care?  If debit card daily limit yes it can be changed via phone process four digit number - not sure if can use that from overseas however.

If the maximum daily ATM limit is 20k on a visa debit card, are you saying that can be raised?  

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If the maximum daily ATM limit is 20k on a visa debit card, are you saying that can be raised?  

Yes but believe this is about point of sale daily limit.  Below is the Bangkok Bank but believe it has been changed to allow a 5,000 baht option also (press 1 likely).  Note also there is a normal phone number for use from overseas as well as the local 1333.

Press

Daily Purchasing Limit (Baht)

If you want to prevent any purchase of goods with your Be1st card

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Tips-and-Insights/Cards/Instruction-for-Purchasing-Limit-on-Be-st-Debit-Card

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes.  Below is the Bangkok Bank but believe it has been changed to allow a 5,000 baht option also.  Note also there is a normal phone number for use from overseas as well as the local 1333.

Press

Daily Purchasing Limit (Baht)

If you want to prevent any purchase of goods with your Be1st card

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Tips-and-Insights/Cards/Instruction-for-Purchasing-Limit-on-Be-st-Debit-Card

Thanks for the info. 

I always thought the ATM limit was fixed at the lower amount and could not be changed.  Probably an anti fraud measure.  It's obvious the lower amount is the default amount.   

Without meaning to alarm anyone, now I can see how the ATM card skimmers can clean out an account so fast, if you have applied the upper limit.  

8 hours ago, Mavideol said:

is your visa card secured with a fixed deposit amount, can only increase to the total of the secured deposit, that's what happen to me, had to increase my deposit and by doing so they increased my available balance/total

Limit currently set at 100K, i would like to double that, plenty money in account.

Did you increase yours by phone?

Yeap...you can change your Bangkok Bank "debit" card ATM and purchase limits by calling their 1333 number and just following their interactive voice system....press this....press that.   I've done it several times.  Since I don't have a Bangkok Bank "credit" card I couldn't get into the area where changing limits might have been talked since you need to enter your card's number to get into the areas where it tells you actual limits.

I just called to listen to the limits I could change my Bangkok Bank Visa debit card to.   For ATM/cash withdrawal you have a choice of 50K, 100K, 150K or 200K baht....if wanting a higher daily amount  you must go to a branch to arrange that per instructions given during the call.  Apparently 50K is the lowest/default setting for cash withdrawal/ATM.  Don't know if you can set a lower ATM limit even by visiting a branch....no mention of that was made during the call like mentioned if wanting to change your purchase/POS limit as discussed in the next paragraph. Apparently 50K is the lowest option offered using their phone interactive system....and maybe their lowest setting...if wanting lower you might just have to cancel the card.

However, for purchase/POS limit you can select 5K, 20K, 50K, 100K, 150K or zero (deactivate).   If selecting zero/deactivate you can turn it back on to one of the mentioned amounts simply by going thru the process again...I've done that before also.  I have my purchase limit set to zero/deactivated as I only use the card for cash withdrawals; use my foreign/no foreign transaction fee credit cards for all purchases.

Edit: and I just looked at my Bangkok Bank mbanking and ibanking again....no where did I see where you could change limits for debit or credit cards; just some ibanking limits you could change like bill payment, transfer limits, etc....but not card limits.

Edited by Pib

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

they are so afraid farang would leave without paying their bills

same here... my secure deposit is my max, at 90 percent

Not sure if this is helpful but Bangkok Bank stopped using visa at the beginning of this year. Now only MasterCard and Union Pay due to China purchasing a share in  Bangkok Bank. Incidentally my bank in the UK is also changing from Visa to MasterCard so presumably MasterCard is making an offer to banks that they can't refuse.

9 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Not sure if this is helpful but Bangkok Bank stopped using visa at the beginning of this year. Now only MasterCard and Union Pay due to China purchasing a share in  Bangkok Bank. Incidentally my bank in the UK is also changing from Visa to MasterCard so presumably MasterCard is making an offer to banks that they can't refuse.

We are talking about credit cards and believe BBL still issues Visa cards.  It is the debit card that changed to UnionPay or MasterCard.

15 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Limit currently set at 100K, i would like to double that, plenty money in account.

Did you increase yours by phone?

was in a similar situation traveling abroad, fortunately had the local branch bank manager phone and called unfortunately without success, they keep insisting that I had to be at the branch but I asked to speak with main office in BKK and there a nice person allowed me to increase my limit, transferred money from my other account to the CC secured account and all was done in 15-20 minutes, much to my surprise they called me back (roaming charges) verify my identity/passport # and some other personal questions

Not sure about BKK bank, but I have a Visa with Krung Thai and you just call the call centre and there is an option to change credit limit. Tell them how much you want and for how long. They will check your history and say yes or no . If yes, you can  use the new limit immediately.

• Like 1