Withholding tax refund

I just finished a 9 month fixed term account with Bangkok Bank, and withholding tax was deducted.

I got the document for the revenue office, and have already a personal tax ID, but have never applied for a refund.

My understanding is that it can be done online, but not sure if that is possible first time.

Also not sure if the refund can be requested at any time, or only during a certain period of the year.

Can someone please explain the procedure?

You can do it online, but you need at least some Thai experience. Easier is it, when you go to your nearest Tax Revenue office. In my case the first 1-2 times they were very helpfull. Now I do it online and only go to tax revenue office for deliver the documents if needed.

About time for fill in the tax return I think (not sure 100%) is about begin of the year. So for tax Return for 2020 you should do it about January to April 2021!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:12 PM, Susco said:

Also not sure if the refund can be requested at any time, or only during a certain period of the year.

Normally it is from Jan 1 to Mar 31 but I seem to remember seeing a news article that said it had been extended this year because of Covid. Best thing would be to go/contact local revenue office and ask.

12 minutes ago, topt said:

Normally it is from Jan 1 to Mar 31 but I seem to remember seeing a news article that said it had been extended this year because of Covid. Best thing would be to go/contact local revenue office and ask.

But since the fixed term only ended this month, I assume I can only apply next year?