Jump to content
BANGKOK
WingNut

Question Regarding Tax Disc & Insurance Renewal

Recommended Posts

If you are planning to leave a bike parked for 6 months, and you don't renew the tax disc and minimum mandatory insurance when they expire, will there be any problem later if you renew these things 6 months after they expire?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you just have to pay for the tax you missed on your return

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. The tax is only 100 Baht, correct? No other penalties to pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WingNut said:

Thank you. The tax is only 100 Baht, correct? No other penalties to pay?

Fine of 1bht/month for late payment of tax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fine of 1bht/month for late payment of tax.

 

Thank you. And no fine on late payment of insurance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will only run into issues if untaxed for 3 years as then the registration itself expires. You can ignore the late payment penalty, it's just a few bath.

 

Tax amount depends on what kind of bike it is. But it doesn't change from what you paid in the previous years.

 

TLDR: don't sweat it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Tax amount depends on what kind of bike it is. But it doesn't change from what you paid in the previous years.

Tax for any kind of motorbike is 100THB.

Compulsary insurance costs in accordance with this table (plus a bit extra as "issuance fee"): https://www.rvp.co.th/underwritingQA_en.php

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Tax for any kind of motorbike is 100THB.

Compulsary insurance costs in accordance with this table (plus a bit extra as "issuance fee"): https://www.rvp.co.th/underwritingQA_en.php

Thanks for correcting me there. I somehow thought it varies with the cc but that's probably because I always pay tax+insurance together and the latter is what varies. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Thanks for correcting me there. I somehow thought it varies with the cc but that's probably because I always pay tax+insurance together and the latter is what varies. Cheers.

I thought that too ...... but last week bought a 300cc m/c and tax was still 100bht.

Insurance wasn't much more than a scooter @ 620bht.

Edited by BritManToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My tax expires on Nov, but my insurance every Jan now..., the problem started when I left last year then back on Jan 2020.

 

I went to renew tax + insurance then, and they went out of sync. They renewed my tax from the day it was expired Nov 2019, now valid for one year to Nov 2020. Then insurance started from the day I bought it on Jan 2020, and valid till Jan 2021...! 

 

I thought that's how it is and didn't think about it, but are you guys saying it should be different...!? My tax should have started also from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021, like insurance...?

Edited by Agusts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...