Question Regarding Tax Disc & Insurance Renewal

WingNut

If you are planning to leave a bike parked for 6 months, and you don't renew the tax disc and minimum mandatory insurance when they expire, will there be any problem later if you renew these things 6 months after they expire?

Thanks.

You will only run into issues if untaxed for 3 years as then the registration itself expires. You can ignore the late payment penalty, it's just a few bath.

Tax amount depends on what kind of bike it is. But it doesn't change from what you paid in the previous years.

TLDR: don't sweat it

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Tax for any kind of motorbike is 100THB.

Compulsary insurance costs in accordance with this table (plus a bit extra as "issuance fee"): https://www.rvp.co.th/underwritingQA_en.php

Thanks for correcting me there. I somehow thought it varies with the cc but that's probably because I always pay tax+insurance together and the latter is what varies. Cheers.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Thanks for correcting me there. I somehow thought it varies with the cc but that's probably because I always pay tax+insurance together and the latter is what varies. Cheers.

I thought that too ...... but last week bought a 300cc m/c and tax was still 100bht.

Insurance wasn't much more than a scooter @ 620bht.

Edited by BritManToo

My tax expires on Nov, but my insurance every Jan now..., the problem started when I left last year then back on Jan 2020.

I went to renew tax + insurance then, and they went out of sync. They renewed my tax from the day it was expired Nov 2019, now valid for one year to Nov 2020. Then insurance started from the day I bought it on Jan 2020, and valid till Jan 2021...! 

I thought that's how it is and didn't think about it, but are you guys saying it should be different...!? My tax should have started also from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021, like insurance...?

Edited by Agusts