BANGKOK
webfact

TAT deputy governor dashes hopes of 2020 reopening for Thailand’s international borders

3 minutes ago, mike787 said:

WHY not, come on...don't give up...let's do this.  You will feel better.  A new found sense of purpose. If we all combine our retirement pensions we can help Manny, maybe not all but many.  You would be surprised. 

And how long do you expect a one off payment of your retirement pension will stretch. Seriously?? Are you trying to enlist accomplices on this bottomless pit venture ?? How many selfless people do you expect to enlist??

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, newnative said:

I think we need to put posters like the one you have been sparring with firmly in the Lost Cause column.  Nothing you, or I, or others say will ever convince them that, yes, tourists do come to Thailand for something other than sex.  And, yes, tourists do come to Pattaya for something other than sex, too.  Just today, on another thread, yet another clueless poster stated that Pattaya only had sex to offer a visitor.  With covid keeping international travelers away, we are seeing Bangkok weekend visitors coming to Pattaya in fairly good numbers that are helping to sustain some of the businesses.  

As a corollary, most of these posters also seem to be of the opinion that there are only western tourists--or, perhaps, only western tourists count.  How else to explain the many posters who insist that 2019 was a disaster for tourism in Thailand, despite the record numbers?  They weren't, apparently, seeing record numbers at their favorite western bar so, automatically, that translated to a disaster of a year for tourism.  Haul out the 'Pattaya is Dead' thread.  

Just as an aside, my four sisters visited Thailand a couple years ago and they had a wonderful time.  They are still talking about their trip and they even made a little book of photographs and memories of the places they visited.   For a first-time visitor, Thailand has much to see and discover--I would have liked a longer visit so I could have shown them even more of Thailand.

I was going to respond with a rebuttal. But you and the other gentleman have bored me to such an extent, with your quest to deny reality and attempt to shame, that instead I'm going on-line to see as many red light districts in SE Asia - to awaken and invigorate me; from all the would be saints lurking in the undergrowth and stalking me. May I suggest you join me ??

Edited by Bangkocker

31 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

And how long do you expect a one off payment of your retirement pension will stretch. Seriously?? Are you trying to enlist accomplices on this bottomless pit venture ?? How many selfless people do you expect to enlist??

If many can afford an airline ticket, beer, and cigs then you would be surprised.

• Sad 1

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.  Keep it up and warnings will be issued. 

12 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I may as well delete your post and file it straight in the special filing cabinet marked trash... You have absolutely no idea about virus statistics,, I am not an expert but it took me 20 second to see your summary is nonsense. 60% effectiveness does not mean 100% of everyone will be exposed to the virus and therefore 40% will get it...

It is far more complicated then that... For example, how widespread is the virus? How likely is it you will come across it, what %age of people who have had the vaccine will come in contact with it that would have caught it were it not for the vaccine.. bearing that in mind would a 60% of people shielded be enough to stop the virus spreading? 

Go and do some reading.. try again...

Sure it is more complicated then that , like you said , but saying a vaccine isn't working when its 60% effective and then rather take a chance not taking a vaccine is a much better answer ?

On 8/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, paulikens said:

bu

@from the home of CC but they don't have empathy for those around them on their roads. so swings and roundabouts. so call it a draw😉

after travelling to over 40 countries I've never found anyplace that drivers had empathy for other drivers lol. You tube is just full of road ragers and idiots from every country in the world..

On 8/10/2020 at 6:45 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Tourists stranded in Thailand, well no they are not, as they can go home on a flight that may be costly, or goes in a circuitous route, and they may end up in quarantine in there own home country, but none the less they can return whence they came.  It may be hard for them to understand that.  However, should they want to stay longer-term then they need to get an extension of stay unless they don't have the money, well then at that point it is time to go. Extensions can not go on forever.  

The PM decides that not you

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2020 at 6:45 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Tourists stranded in Thailand, well no they are not, as they can go home on a flight that may be costly, or goes in a circuitous route, and they may end up in quarantine in there own home country, but none the less they can return whence they came.  It may be hard for them to understand that.  However, should they want to stay longer-term then they need to get an extension of stay unless they don't have the money, well then at that point it is time to go. Extensions can not go on forever.  

Disagree. The potential for a sudden change in policy during these uncertain times is also a real possibility. In light of economic losses in the tourist sector, my personal opinion is the gov't will extend the amnesty to at least glean financial benefits from stranded foreigners. Thailand has absolutely nothing substantial to gain by encouraging tourists to leave by Sept. 26. 

Edited by Rockbottom
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mike787 said:

GOFUND is NOT for you...it's for the everyone else...you have a job/income...

Some people don't realize, when they have reached the bottom of the barrel!

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, Saint Nick said:

Wow!

Are you a dairy- farmer?

Because that is some A-class BS!

Thailand didn't need their arm twisted for mask wearing, but it has nothing to do with "empathy"!

They were already wearing it, because the air in BKK or CNX was too toxic for breathing!

I am riding the BTS daily for 10 years: masks were NEVER a part of daily life and were not worn in abundance!

lol the air is fine in HH and when the virus hit in Jan. the whole town masked up. I guess there's a general embarrassment among first world nations who dropped the ball so badly that they to want to put down those who did it right. I read yesterday this cop boss in Florida mandating that his police force remove all covid protection inside (lol) a station. Or the UK government allowing travel without quarantine to vacationers only to rescind and require quarantine when they return. The US is still counting 1000 dead a day and the UK's infection rates are climbing again. You can't fix stupid...   

Some more inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

On 8/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, mr mr said:

nope.

My comment is No way will any prices for anything will go down so be prepared for at worst and more worst

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

lol the air is fine in HH and when the virus hit in Jan. the whole town masked up. I guess there's a general embarrassment among first world nations who dropped the ball so badly that they to want to put down those who did it right. I read yesterday this cop boss in Florida mandating that his police force remove all covid protection inside (lol) a station. Or the UK government allowing travel without quarantine to vacationers only to rescind and require quarantine when they return. The US is still counting 1000 dead a day and the UK's infection rates are climbing again. You can't fix stupid...   

@from the home of CC uk testing is going up