TAT deputy governor dashes hopes of 2020 reopening for Thailand’s international borders

webfact

7 hours ago, Mung said:

If his prediction is correct, I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's a gross overreaction at this point, and Thailand needs to learn how to live with this virus just like most of the other countries have. Either they don't understand this or they don't have the capacity, resources and facilities to handle domestic infections 

What country has learned to live with it. As soon as they open up bam a new out break hits and lock down again. They maybe over reacting but it is either like the states, uncontrolled stupidity, oe like Thailand over control and no cases.

5 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Thailand hasn't beaten Covid if its economy gets totally wrecked. And why so much hate for the USA , they didn't bring this pandemic to the world , China did , direct your anger at them 

No, the USA deserves the anger because they have really not tried to controll there problem. Blaming China now is just a political ploy to distract the Presidents failure to lead. I guess if people are ok with over a thousand deaths a day of their family, friends and neighbors then the USA I knew no longer exsist

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John CS said:

Mung I think you are a little too kind in your regard to this response

To collectively maintain Thailand's  isolation and deny economic tourist activity over an influenza like virus that has had a detrimental impact of approximate 56 co-morbidity lives, is both disingenuous and showing wilful disregard of peoples rights and livelihoods.

Lockdown of a country for over 6+ months, in so destroying peoples livelihoods when it is confirmed that the virus is only affecting  people in the range hospitalised 65-85+ age range, the elected people making these decisions are protected and recieve income, whilst the citizens they serve are placed in collective poverty.

Its a disgrace and it is clear they cannot understand their roles in Govt.

Absolutely. But Thais don;t stand up and say "No more". Love it how European folk say F***k the gov we do what we want!

31 minutes ago, Xonax said:

I can totally agree with you, that the prices are lower at the moment, but I have no wish to travel right now. As I wrote, I have been trying to find good offers in DECEMBER, which seems to be nearly impossible. One can hope for some last minute deals, but I would like to be able to plan a little ahead.

you can book these types of trips through the end of next year and pay up front now if you wish, same as the air flights, but then you need to be a trusting individual.  I have two more trips scheduled like this last one, one to Chiang Mai and then one more back to Phuket.  Sending you a link in a PM and you can check it out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

"Like most of the other countries have". Really? Just like that? We're just doing peachy everywhere  except Thailand, no worries, is that how you see it? it's been, what, 6 months now? ALL of SIX MONTHS of the worst pandemic in 100 years? A virus the likes of which has NEVER been seen, never been this contagious or deadly? There is no playbook for this kind of thing. Nobody has "learned to live with this virus". People are suffering, dying, becoming ill with stress and anxiety, becoming poor and homeless without work or money. What bizarro planet did you come from? You think anybody and everybody can just snap their fingers and everything falls into place? Your mind is so narrow it must reside in two dimensional space. You should challenge Trump to an ignorant statement contest, it would be a close one. You don't seem to have the capacity, mental resources or facilities to actually understand humanity. 

Countries have lived with and are continuing to function, Look at Sweden and others .  So dont throw around B****T accusations and lies

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

you can book these types of trips through the end of next year and pay up front now if you wish, same as the air flights, but then you need to be a trusting individual.  I have two more trips scheduled like this last one, one to Chiang Mai and then one more back to Phuket.  Sending you a link in a PM and you can check it out.

"Trusting Individual"?  meaning you pay your money for something which has a possibility of being cancelled and then trying to recover the money !

33 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Maybe somebody of the Virologists in here can help me out:

1. When was the Virus isolated ? [Step 1 in the Scientific method]
2. When was the test validated ?
3. Why are people in Thailand talking about a Pandemic with only 3,000 cases ?
... either there is  a Pandemic or there are only 3,000 cases ... both together don't work !!!

4. Why are most numbers worldwide fake ? [... with a false positive rate of 10% I get 100 cases for every 1000 tests !]

1) it has not been isolated , there has been 3 claims that it has , non scientifically proven, and certainly not using any of Koch's postulates

2) not validated

3) it is classified as a Global Pandemic by WHO , the pandemic criteria was reclassified in the last two years to remove the date rate aspect and placed the emphasis on infection only

4) The answer to this was can be extrapolated as follows , it is a recategorized form of influenza, and Media censorship is managed against the WHO guidlines, so this constitutes a Media managed false flag operation

How can there be a pandemic if eg UK ONS states that General Deaths week 30 for the last six weeks 115 deaths down on the 5 year average!! along with daily death rate graph

2 screenshots attached, hope this helps

IMG_20200810_050221.jpg

IMG_20200810_052507.jpg

3 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Going to hell in a handcart -Thai tourism ! The irony is it will make no difference opening borders now,later this year or in 6 months time ! The virus is a fact ! LeT Thailand suffer ...  Of course it won't be the HiSo well off who will .. as always 

So you are okay with Thailand suffering, although the ones suffering the most, will be every little man and woman on the streets and none of the higher- ups?

Got it!

What a nice man you are!

6 hours ago, pookondee said:

I didnt think any other country would ever match the sheer stupidity, manic paranoia and absolute dictatorial nanny state abuse of its "sheeple" than that of my own home country.

Amazing Thailand: quickly looking like the lost identical twin of Australia.

It's amazing that in a country with so much space the government didn't order everyone to stand 10 metres away from each other with $10,000 fines for non-compliance and 3 months on King Island (alone, of course)! Better still, move all those who test positive to Kangaroo Island or Alice Springs and let the rest of the country get on with living? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Here's the issue with that scenario. Airlines are currently reducing staff, BA getting rid of about 10,000. If it goes on for 2 more years, airlines will simply go bust and nobody will get there. Airlines are already saying if it gets worse mass redundancies are coming. 

Two years more of a thai lockdown would lead to riots by the starving, 25% up unemployment, 10-20% of people losing their homes, 30-50% of all businesses moving away to home countries for fear of it happening again. Especially with the Chinese and their bubonic plague now

4-5 months we can all handle, you start talking about 30 months and I think joe public will shoot the governments and get on with it.

Only winner in this is China - who seems to be taking full advantage of the weak coalition of countries not banning everything Chinese until they change their attitude to the world

The "winner" in this Covid-19 situation is analagous to the winner of a nuclear war. A winner with not much to live for. China is not the country it was under Mao and like any other country it will be faced with a severe downturn that, if it lasts long enough, will turn into a worldwide depression that no one escapes from.

5 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

So you are okay with Thailand suffering, although the ones suffering the most, will be every little man and woman on the streets and none of the higher- ups?

Got it!

What a nice man you are!

Solution:  A GOFUND.  If your heart hurts so much, lets do something. I'll donate. I am serious.   

6 hours ago, pookondee said:

I didnt think any other country would ever match the sheer stupidity, manic paranoia and absolute dictatorial nanny state abuse of its "sheeple" than that of my own home country.

Amazing Thailand: quickly looking like the lost identical twin of Australia.

Oh Really !! Try Australia (borders are locked at least until end 2020) & New Zealand. NZ is virus free and won't let anyone one in/out. And manic paranoia ??- Yeh right. paranoia ??? With 500,000 losing their lives OMG !!!

Edited by Bangkocker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, should they want to stay longer-term then they need to get an extension of stay unless they don't have the money, well then at that point it is time to go. Extensions can not go on forever.

Says who? Thailand obviously would like tourist that are still in the country, to remain and spend money. 

That we, people who had to jump through bureaucracy hoops to get our extension sorted don't agree, is another story.

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The flu is still 30-50 times more deadly than covid-19,remember the 1918 pandemic?

You mean the seasonal flu or the Spanish flu? I think your math is waaaaaay off here mate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

It's my belief that whilst many tourism reliant businesses have gone under, there are far more that are clinging on, using all of their savings and bank loans to limp through to the 'high season' of the X-mas and new year holidays and the belated Chinese New year. IF, this TAT prediction comes true - and I hope it does not as I am stuck outside away from my wife and daughter - then Thailand is about to fall apart big time monetary wise and the tourism industry  will be so devastated that their simply will be no support structure for the amount of tourists the TAT wants later.

The PM may find that by the new year with no tourism and no exports and mass closures  the Thai people will rioting more openly. 

‘Let them eat cake’ said the PM

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eibot said:

You mean the seasonal flu or the Spanish flu? I think your math is waaaaaay off here mate.

I mean deadly as in the amount of people died from the Spanish flu yes.Why is the maths way off?The 1918 was new and killed 30-50 Million and Covid-19 is new and has killed 700k so far.

1 hour ago, John CS said:

Yes Sean

It is madness, unless it is a deliberate plan, its difficult to comprehend that its globally acted out under the guidence of UN/WHO & under Agenda 2030 SD goals

Yes there is the politics of the US Elections, but most of these nonsense lockdown guidelines are taken by Govts at the behest of the UN, what people are NOT being told is the pandemic response is designed to create an economic Global reset , transfer wealth into fewer hands to make citizens reliant on state support, this paves the way for future global goverment, the platitudes they use is too save the planet, the intended future reality is new social contract with citizens.( introduction of AI will enslave)

Trump is in that battle NOW , its why he is hated so much by the MSM & Deep State

Thailand are just  following a disingenuous pattern, since most of Thai government are Oligarch wealth ( family inherited )

If you believe in concept of democracy , now is the time, as it is being stolen right in front of peoples eyes

Nailed it !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Solution:  A GOFUND.  If your heart hurts so much, lets do something. I'll donate. I am serious.   

GOFUND for MILLIONS of people working in or related to tourism?

Yeah...I see, how serious you are!

• Haha 1