UK steps up plans to tackle migrant Channel crossings with new commander

webfact

On 8/10/2020 at 8:55 PM, elliss said:

Into UK , seems the norm,  for immigrants .

Magnetic attraction , being, social security free housing , free health care , etc.

Paid for by UK taxpayers . Not many of us left , soon we will be an extinct species ...

Well if you think UK will be running out of 'indigenous' species ....  You are going to need all the immigrants you can get then .. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Well if you think UK will be running out of 'indigenous' species ....  You are going to need all the immigrants you can get then .. ???? 

right on to do all the jobs lazy brits don,t want to do,and support our ageing population thru their taxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

May be correct regards African asylum seekers, but 90% I don't believe in the period you indicate as there was a huge amount of conflict / regime oppression in Africa, In any case an anonymous internet story has zero creditability, especially given your posting history. Nor do you link to any credible stats regards the current 'boat people' so irrelevant.

what anonymous internet story did the poster post? none that i coud see,also the "stats" are so biased one must be carefull what one believes.and what was was the " huge amount" of conflict/regime oppression? you have written a generalised post stating all sorts of things without elaborating on sources,the last british colony was rhodesia given up in 1980, the conflicts since have mostly been based on tribalism and falling out amongst thieves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

A far more complex question than you realise.

To take some examples from just before and during the 6 years my father spent fighting oppression.

It's for the same reasons German Jews didn't stand and fight the Nazis in the 1930s.

The same reasons refugees fled the German invasions in 1940 and 1941. 

The same reasons refugees fled the battlefields after the Allies invaded Italy and then France.

Etc., etc., 

People have always fled oppressive regimes, non combatants have always fled wars.

Of course, just as in Germany, occupied Europe and Russia during the war, brave people do remain to fight the oppressive regime.

Of course, it is often difficult to decide whose side is in the right, Syria for example; Syria war: A brief guide to who's fighting whom

Fleeing , or fighting .

Which option , would you choose ?.

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Fleeing , or fighting .

Which option , would you choose ?.

I'm not falling into your obvious trap.

If I said 'fleeing' you'd accuse me of cowardice; if I said 'fighting' you wouldn't believe me.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

theyre being flown back to where they come from ,some sense at last

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/asylum-seeker-removal-flight-ahead-071327344.html

At last? Such flights have been going on since 2018 at least.

Where they came from? Well, France and Germany; but I doubt that any of them are French or German!

But come the 1st of January when we are no longer party to any EU agreements, being able to automatically send asylum seekers back to an EU country using the Dublin Agreement will end.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

theyre being flown back to where they come from ,some sense at last

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/asylum-seeker-removal-flight-ahead-071327344.html

Thanks. Given all the critics on this forum, didn't realise Dublin Convention was still being utilised by HMG. Will be interesting to see which components, if any, will still be enforceable after UK exit from the EU. Probably needs updating, but some detail available at link below:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/home-affairs/immigration/what-is-the-dublin-iii-regulation-will-it-be-affected-by-brexit/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

At last? Such flights have been going on since 2018 at least.

Where they came from? Well, France and Germany; but I doubt that any of them are French or German!

But come the 1st of January when we are no longer party to any EU agreements, being able to automatically send asylum seekers back to an EU country using the Dublin Agreement will end.

All round your place then.......:intheclub:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lungbing said:

What about the British people on the waiting list?  If you were number one on 1st January you are now number 3,001.

why do all these migrants think it is there god given right to come and live in britain,we,ve got enough ponces here already.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lungbing said:

What about the British people on the waiting list?  If you were number one on 1st January you are now number 3,001.

Waiting list for what?

If you mean social housing then as shown repeatedly in this and similar topics asylum seekers, which is what they are once they have arrived and claimed asylum, are not eligible for it. So no matter how many arrive your position on the waiting list wont be effected.

Of course, illegal immigrants aren't entitled to social housing either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Waiting list for what?

If you mean social housing then as shown repeatedly in this and similar topics asylum seekers, which is what they are once they have arrived and claimed asylum, are not eligible for it. So no matter how many arrive your position on the waiting list wont be effected.

Of course, illegal immigrants aren't entitled to social housing either.

no,but their social costs of being put up in 4star hotels etc are bourne by the taxpayers in the uk,and bearing in mind the uk has one of the worst state old age pensions in europe perhaps british people ( the ones who actually live here )feel charity should begin at home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 2:50 PM, transam said:

Me, I'm just an old yob who thinks of his country first, not like others who want to give it away.

The UK had poverty along side the rich, over time the playing field evened out a bit, without killing off the monarchy like others,  now the economic migrants want to milk what we fought for, instead of dealing with their own countries problems... 

Killing of the monarchy. ?

I  feel a democratic Vote , would be in order ..            

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

no,but their social costs of being put up in 4star hotels etc are bourne by the taxpayers in the uk,and bearing in mind the uk has one of the worst state old age pensions in europe perhaps british people ( the ones who actually live here )feel charity should begin at home

If they were put up in four star hotels then you would have a point. But they aren't.

Speaking as a British person who actually lives in the UK, it is true that, thanks to anti migrant/refugee/asylum seeker feelings stirred up by the alt-right, attitudes amongst many have hardened over the last four years. Particularly as people like Farage used them as a stick with which to beat the EU during the referendum campaign.

But there is still a great deal of sympathy and tolerance for their plight amongst the majority. Especially in urban areas where most of them are living. 

Attitudes towards asylum seekers: Understanding differences between rural and urban areas

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2020 at 6:42 AM, rvaviator said:

Will they be taxpayers ? . Or takers ...

Nothing new .

UK , should abolish , the benefits system , which has been abused too a fault .

Then immigrants , would not be focusing on the UK .. 

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If they were put up in four star hotels then you would have a point. But they aren't.

Speaking as a British person who actually lives in the UK, it is true that, thanks to anti migrant/refugee/asylum seeker feelings stirred up by the alt-right, attitudes amongst many have hardened over the last four years. Particularly as people like Farage used them as a stick with which to beat the EU during the referendum campaign.

But there is still a great deal of sympathy and tolerance for their plight amongst the majority. Especially in urban areas where most of them are living. 

Attitudes towards asylum seekers: Understanding differences between rural and urban areas

so on your first point you,re calling me a liar when there was a broadcast on tv about it,on your second point who is this "majority " advocating "tolerance and understanding" heres one for you. ...we took the north bank in half a minute,we took the north bank with arsenal in it,sang to the tune of  my old man said follow the van.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elliss said:

Will they be taxpayers ? . Or takers ...

Nothing new .

UK , should abolish , the benefits system , which has been abused too a fault .

Then immigrants , would not be focusing on the UK .. 

Show us the advantages for asylum seekers / refugees in the UK, in comparison to say Germany and France, which are so financially compelling. it has long been established the large majority aim for the UK due to existing connections and language familiarity, plus the Rule of Law. 

By far the greatest level of fraud and abuse of the UK welfare system would be by UK citizens. Based upon your logic UK citizens should have their welfare withdrawn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Show us the advantages for asylum seekers / refugees in the UK, in comparison to say Germany and France, which are so financially compelling. it has long been established the large majority aim for the UK due to existing connections and language familiarity, plus the Rule of Law. 

By far the greatest level of fraud and abuse of the UK welfare system would be by UK citizens. Based upon your logic UK citizens should have their welfare withdrawn.

So what? Having a relative in the UK is no excuse for entering illegally.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So what? Having a relative in the UK is no excuse for entering illegally.

yep UK has currently agreed to act contrary to International Law, in a similar manner as Australia. Though isn't it extraordinary arriving by air, the majority, are not treated in the same manner. IMO double standards, if a country enacts such laws they should be removed as a signatory to the relevant UN Conventions, as they leverage the Convention/s to constantly boast how wonderful and humanitarian they are.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kingdong said:

the uk has one of the worst state old age pensions in europe perhaps british people ( the ones who actually live here )feel charity should begin at home

In Belgium, all governments ever ( Right, Left, Centrist) have/are always made a priority for the financial wellness of their elderly/veterans.

It's a pity it isn't everywhere like that, but of course every country government decide by itself what are their priorities.

Addendum for Nauseus, who was worried I may not receive  my pension anymore.

I can comfort him, I just received my pension for the month August.

I will not post it every time, only if something really important occur ( suppression -as he was afraid of-reduction, or increase-usually 2% yearly).