BANGKOK
webfact

Car slams into 7-Eleven in Bangkok - four injured

Car slams into 7-Eleven in Bangkok - four injured

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Four people were slightly injured after a Ford Everest car slammed into the front of a 7-Eleven branch at the end of Rachada Phisek Soi 44 in the Chatuchak district of Bangkok on Sunday. 

The car had collided with the back of a taxi that spun round. It then entered the store right up to the counter, reported Daily News.

1pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Surasingh, 34, the taxi driver said he had indicated and was turning into Soi 44 when he was hit from behind. He and a passenger were slightly hurt as well as two staffers in the store. 

Pahonyothin police tested the driver of the Everest for alcohol. 

They are investigating further after the accident.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-10

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Four people were slightly injured after a Ford Everest car slammed into the front of a 7-Eleven branch

Is no-where safe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Is no-where safe?

I'd say it's time to wrap yourself up in your duvet and get a netflix subscription, but the whole place is built on a swamp and it's only a matter of time before your condo falls around your ears too 🤣🤣

What the Taxi driver meant was I braked, turned, then signalled..

As they all do here!!

• Like 2

No one should be left surprised as to where they are run over 🤔

Its crazy...  You’re not safe anywhere in this country.

It seems you take more of a chance every time you go anywhere in this country than we do in our home countries. 

Either I’m paying attention more to these additional risk, especially now I am a parent, or, these events are happening a lot more or they are receiving more media attention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its crazy...  You’re not safe anywhere in this country.

It seems you take more of a chance every time you go anywhere in this country than we do in our home countries. 

Either I’m paying attention more to these additional risk, especially now I am a parent, or, these events are happening a lot more or they are receiving more media attention. 

I'm pretty sure that I'll meet my end in a traffic accident. There have been something like 20 accidents within 500 metres of my house, on a long straight road, that have involved death and lost limbs.

Another worry is how much I'll have to pay after hitting a motorcycle with no back light at night. Every time I go out after dark I'll see three or four in just a 10-minute drive. Actually, I refuse to drive here. My wife does that and she's an excellent driver. I have no idea how that happened.

There are so many 7/11s in this country that it's a wonder that ever crash doesn't end up with a vehicle hitting one.  There seems to be one 300 metres, on every road. 

• Like 1