Price of gold is high - price of death is one necklace - motorcyclist murdered in Bangkok

webfact

Price of gold is high - price of death is one necklace - motorcyclist murdered in Bangkok

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A motorcyclist was murdered in Bangkok last night for the one baht weight necklace around their neck.

A man who was going to collect his girlfriend in Pahonyothin Soi 54/1 said two men on a motorcycle accosted him near the Duang Manee bridge but he managed to escape. 

The person following behind on a bike was not so lucky. 

The victim was stabbed in the back and arm and their necklace was taken. 

Daily news reported that the victim was taken to hospital but has died. 

The assailants were on a Honda Wave with no plates. They were both dressed in black with long pants. The man riding pillion was wearing a green helmet.

The media said that the price of gold is high right now and people should not wear it. 

After the pandemic the price of a one baht piece of gold jewelry in Bangkok is now around 30,000 baht, notes Thaivisa, up from about 23,000 baht in February. 

Sai Mai police in the north of Bangkok are investigating.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-10

• Sad 2

Someone recently started a thread asking whether or not it's now unwise to wear gold when going out. A good many replied that their other halves had warned them not to do so, as indeed Mrs BM has told me (I only have a wedding band).

This just goes to show that it's best to keep the gold at home.

R.I.P. to the victim.

• Like 2