Female civil servant charged after knife attack on 83 year old neighbour

webfact

Female civil servant charged after knife attack on 83 year old neighbour 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on a video that is going viral among Thai social media users. 

It shows an old man being stabbed by a woman in the Bang Pakong area of Chachoengsao in eastern Thailand. 

Sources told the media that the victim who was seriously hurt and is in hospital is 83 year old Suthin Wutthisin.

He was on his way to Bang Pakong hospital for an appointment but had forgotten his mask so he doubled back home. 

This was when he was attacked by a female neighbor. She stabbed him multiple times.

Police were immediately called after relatives rushed the old man to hospital. 

After 30 minutes a woman was arrested in her home. She was said to be a civil servant with the rank of "captain".

She is suffering from mental illness and has attacked people before. After treatment the illness has persisted.

She has been charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and is undergoing a mental health evaluation. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-10

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yet she is a civil servant with the rank of captain?

How has she been able to keep her job?

Having said that, there are a hell of a lot of civil servants who behave as if they have mental problems.????????

Hey Colinneil, Would you like to be the one to tell her ...........LOL

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Looks like he was just loitering on her property , dont think this was a random attack .

Maybe he had been previously told to stop trespassing and he went back to be provocative and got his just rewards ?

Did you read the article? He lived there.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dap said:

Did you read the article? He lived there.

The report says he was a neighbor , as he entered through the back gate and exited out through the front gate, he quite probably didnt live between the two gates and was using that space to cut through and she stopped the attack as soon as he was off the property

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The report says he was a neighbor , as he entered through the back gate and exited out through the front gate, he quite probably didnt live between the two gates and was using that space to cut through and she stopped the attack as soon as he was off the property

Did you not read the part where she has a history of mental problems? This being so does not allow for anyone (even you) to assume anything that she did was rational. I saw the man stopped and putting on his mask that he returned to his house to retrieve (in the video) as is stated in the article. I also saw a woman run towards said man and proceed to attack him. As far as I could tell, he in no way aggravated her actions. What video were you watching? 

Edited by Dap
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So your thinking is that it was ok for her to attack him, as soon as he was off the property she stopped.

Whether he lived there or not, he did not deserve to be attacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So your thinking is that it was ok for her to attack him, as soon as he was off the property she stopped.

Really! I can't begin to count how many times I've needed to return home after forgetting my mask. So glad no one was waiting to slice me up when I got there :blink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

She is suffering from mental illness and has attacked people before. After treatment the illness has persisted.

One would speculate they need to "up the dose" and hide the cutlery !

27 minutes ago, Dap said:

Did you not read the part where she has a history of mental problems? This being so does not allow for anyone (even you) to assume anything that she did was rational. I saw the man stopped and putting on his mask that he returned to his house to retrieve (in the video) as is stated in the article. I also saw a woman run towards said man and proceed to attack him. As far as I could tell, he in no way aggravated her actions. What video were you watching? 

i think she had a cause to attack him, this was not random

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No, my thinking is not that it was OK to attack him , 

My thinking it that this wasnt a random attack by a nutter , quite probably an issue with him trespassing . 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Dap said:

The video isnt clear, but he may not have been putting a mask on m as he mainly just used one hand, it looks like he was making a phone call or something and he also puts something into his shirt pocket and it doesnt look like hes wearing a mask in the video , but, the film quality isnt too good .

He did enter through the back gate , and this may have been what caused her to act the way she did, if there had been some previous issues with him trespassing 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

She has been charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and is undergoing a mental health evaluation.

The outcome will be, she is perfectly fine and should consider an even higher function within the government.

Edited by Paiman
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, CorpusChristie said:

The video isnt clear, but he may not have been putting a mask on m as he mainly just used one hand, it looks like he was making a phone call or something and he also puts something into his shirt pocket and it doesnt look like hes wearing a mask in the video , but, the film quality isnt too good .

He did enter through the back gate , and this may have been what caused her to act the way she did, if there had been some previous issues with him trespassing 

Could be.