BANGKOK
webfact

No new Covid-19 case in Thailand but global cases since outbreak pass 20 million

No new Covid-19 case in Thailand but global cases since outbreak pass 20 million

By The Nation

800_bacae018a9c1785.jpg?v=1597034285

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Monday (August 10) that there was no new case over a 24-hour period, the 77th day without domestic cases since May.

Meanwhile, nine patients were discharged after recovery.

As of August 10, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,351 (414 in state quarantine) -- 133 are under treatment, 3,160 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases reached 20 million, up by 221,000 on Sunday, of whom 12.8 million have recovered while deaths stood at 733,000. Thailand is 112th among countries with most number of cases. The US has the highest with 5.2 million, followed by Brazil (3 million) and India ( 2.2 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392732

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-10

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Well done Thailand - keep the borders shut !

doing what exactly ?  low TESTING = low whatever

well done Thailand, for the strong UV sunlight that kills virus on impact and gives free vitamin D ?

well done Thailand for the super humid air, that is bad for virus to spread ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

doing what exactly ?  low TESTING = low whatever

well done Thailand, for the strong UV sunlight that kills virus on impact and gives free vitamin D ?

well done Thailand for the super humid air, that is bad for virus to spread ?

At the beginning of this pandemic story with the Northern Hemisphere in the middle of winter, "experts" were postulating that the virus needs cold, dry conditions to survive long enough to enter and effect hosts and that the warm climatic conditions in Thailand might be the reason why the infection rate there was so low. However, If one looks at what is happening , for example, in the US's so-called Sunshine states in high summer, then this theory fall apart.Unless,of course, they were not testing in these states to any great degree or the strain in the US was able to adapt to the increased temperatures while the strain in Thailand has not needed to change. .    

• Like 1

its very suspicious !! the tipping point will arive sometime

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

its very suspicious !! the tipping point will arive sometime

It might arrive as soon as the tip-off is received that the vaccine is good to go!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had about 7 lunches and  dinners with about 50 different people (  3-10 people each time) in a past month with no mask and social distancing.

We talked and laughed a lot during dinner so that droplet and aerosal all over the food.  It has been 4 days since the last dinner with 3 of my friends at El Mercado Asoke. Let see if I will catch the virus or not.

No test ,No case , let see if the virus are sneaking aound us.

But I will have a gaurd higher up again ,  I am still afraid of Burmese immigrants who illegally cross that that natural boarder everyday.

Btw, has anyone in TVF tried El Mercado Asoke ? Food is so good. wow 60% of the customers are Farang Europeans. I went there on Thursday . It was very busy as always.

Edited by Ratchsima

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

I had dinner party with about 50 different people (  3-6 people each time) in a past month with no mask and social distancing.

We talked and laughed a lot during dinner so that droplet and aerosal all over the food.  It has been 4 days since the last dinner with 3 of my friends at El Mercado Asoke. Let see if I will catch the virus or not.

No test ,No case , let see if the virus are sneaking aound us.

But I will have a gaurd higher up again ,  I am still afraid of Burmese immigrants who illegally cross that that natural boarder everyday.

Btw, has anyone in TVF tried El Mercado Asoke ? Food is so good. wow 70% of the customers are Farang Europeans. I went there on Thursday . It was very busy as always.

El Mercado used to be a regular haunt before it became too busy, have to book in advance now. 

Burmese Immigrants brining in what? You don’t believe the low numbers in Myanmar vetted by a military dictatorship  but do believe Thailands low numbers, vetted by a Military government with their knees on the necks of the nations media?

Myanmar: 360 Covid-19 cases / 6 Deaths

Thailand: 3351 Covid-19 cases / 58 Deaths

And no one died in Cambodia or Laos and just 14 in Vietnam. So why aren’t the land borders open?

Not one truly democratically ran government amongst those nations - perhaps they are not drinking each others cool aid !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JoePai said:

Well done Thailand - keep the borders shut !

Well where I live in WA we had no local infection since April apart from

imported ones in quarantine and our borders are closed as well

but no lock down every thing is open and no masks as well.

Testing and transparency lol. Knowing Thailand as I do and how it's being run, I knew they would be practically 'the most successful' country in all of this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Testing and transparency lol. Knowing Thailand as I do and how it's being run, I knew they would be practically 'the most successful' country in all of this.

The hub of no covid-19

• Like 1