No new Covid-19 case in Thailand but global cases since outbreak pass 20 million

webfact

No new Covid-19 case in Thailand but global cases since outbreak pass 20 million

By The Nation

800_bacae018a9c1785.jpg?v=1597034285

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Monday (August 10) that there was no new case over a 24-hour period, the 77th day without domestic cases since May.

Meanwhile, nine patients were discharged after recovery.

As of August 10, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,351 (414 in state quarantine) -- 133 are under treatment, 3,160 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases reached 20 million, up by 221,000 on Sunday, of whom 12.8 million have recovered while deaths stood at 733,000. Thailand is 112th among countries with most number of cases. The US has the highest with 5.2 million, followed by Brazil (3 million) and India ( 2.2 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392732

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-10

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Well done Thailand - keep the borders shut !

doing what exactly ?  low TESTING = low whatever

well done Thailand, for the strong UV sunlight that kills virus on impact and gives free vitamin D ?

well done Thailand for the super humid air, that is bad for virus to spread ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

doing what exactly ?  low TESTING = low whatever

well done Thailand, for the strong UV sunlight that kills virus on impact and gives free vitamin D ?

well done Thailand for the super humid air, that is bad for virus to spread ?

At the beginning of this pandemic story with the Northern Hemisphere in the middle of winter, "experts" were postulating that the virus needs cold, dry conditions to survive long enough to enter and effect hosts and that the warm climatic conditions in Thailand might be the reason why the infection rate there was so low. However, If one looks at what is happening , for example, in the US's so-called Sunshine states in high summer, then this theory fall apart.Unless,of course, they were not testing in these states to any great degree or the strain in the US was able to adapt to the increased temperatures while the strain in Thailand has not needed to change. .    

• Like 1

I had about 7 lunches and  dinners with about 50 different people (  3-10 people each time) in a past month with no mask and social distancing.

We talked and laughed a lot during dinner so that droplet and aerosal all over the food.  It has been 4 days since the last dinner with 3 of my friends at El Mercado Asoke. Let see if I will catch the virus or not.

No test ,No case , let see if the virus are sneaking aound us.

But I will have a gaurd higher up again ,  I am still afraid of Burmese immigrants who illegally cross that that natural boarder everyday.

Btw, has anyone in TVF tried El Mercado Asoke ? Food is so good. wow 60% of the customers are Farang Europeans. I went there on Thursday . It was very busy as always.

Edited by Ratchsima

11 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

I had dinner party with about 50 different people (  3-6 people each time) in a past month with no mask and social distancing.

We talked and laughed a lot during dinner so that droplet and aerosal all over the food.  It has been 4 days since the last dinner with 3 of my friends at El Mercado Asoke. Let see if I will catch the virus or not.

No test ,No case , let see if the virus are sneaking aound us.

But I will have a gaurd higher up again ,  I am still afraid of Burmese immigrants who illegally cross that that natural boarder everyday.

Btw, has anyone in TVF tried El Mercado Asoke ? Food is so good. wow 70% of the customers are Farang Europeans. I went there on Thursday . It was very busy as always.

El Mercado used to be a regular haunt before it became too busy, have to book in advance now. 

Burmese Immigrants brining in what? You don’t believe the low numbers in Myanmar vetted by a military dictatorship  but do believe Thailands low numbers, vetted by a Military government with their knees on the necks of the nations media?

Myanmar: 360 Covid-19 cases / 6 Deaths

Thailand: 3351 Covid-19 cases / 58 Deaths

And no one died in Cambodia or Laos and just 14 in Vietnam. So why aren’t the land borders open?

Not one truly democratically ran government amongst those nations - perhaps they are not drinking each others cool aid !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JoePai said:

Well where I live in WA we had no local infection since April apart from

imported ones in quarantine and our borders are closed as well

but no lock down every thing is open and no masks as well.

6 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
analysis

How New Zealand got rid of coronavirus as it keeps spreading across the world

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/how-new-zealand-eliminated-coronavirus-spreading-globally/12540328

NZ, magic though she is, is practically in the ether and a baboon in charge could have kept it at bay. The problem is when it does land there because this thing is not going anywhere, yet Kiwis will have zero defense. Will they close borders for 50 years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

NZ, magic though she is, is practically in the ether and a baboon in charge could have kept it at bay. The problem is when it does land there because this thing is not going anywhere, yet Kiwis will have zero defense. Will they close borders for 50 years?

No, but they doing quiet well not like Trump land or many other countries.

I am not a Kiwi I am Western Australian and we do quiet well also. Not like

Victoria but that does not mean we are immune, it can happen anywhere 

anytime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

El Mercado used to be a regular haunt before it became too busy, have to book in advance now. 

Burmese Immigrants brining in what? You don’t believe the low numbers in Myanmar vetted by a military dictatorship  but do believe Thailands low numbers, vetted by a Military government with their knees on the necks of the nations media?

Myanmar: 360 Covid-19 cases / 6 Deaths

Thailand: 3351 Covid-19 cases / 58 Deaths

And no one died in Cambodia or Laos and just 14 in Vietnam. So why aren’t the land borders open?

Not one truly democratically ran government amongst those nations - perhaps they are not drinking each others cool aid !

I dont 100% trust Thailand or ASEAN or any countries . But I give more credit to Thailand comparing to CLMV like some international organizations do.

Junta government decided to handovered this job to doctors team at the peak time of outbreaks. How do those doctors handled this? 

These are discussed in millions domestic and international sources in details. 

when you go into detail, Is this the same as CLMV? So where the  trust and credit should go?

Excess death ? Yes this is where I want answer too. Someone need to ask Taweesin at the announcemenr hall. I am sure someone will do that soon.

If I or anyone I know have suspected covid symtoms and are refused to test. I will never shut up. My team will even go to the daily annoncement and question Dr Taweesin and all the camera will be on me. We will make Facebook Live, Youtube Live or every chanel possible to make the national headline news  and see what is going to happen to me. 555+

Remember ,On march famous 3 celebrities had  covid and make headlines and public announcement. Were they sent to jail by government?

aRe there celebrities with covid recently?

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Confused 2

Why are we  still having to wear masks  if there are  no cases for 50+  days? Are these asymptomatic  carriers running amok?

Last  night I went into 7-11 at 3  am  in the morning, I did'nt  have a mask on ,my bad eh,  at the counter were two people being served by the staff, one of the staff said to me "no mask" 

I  looked at the two  people being served, they both had a mask on, however BOTH of their masks were 100% under their chins, both mouth and nose exposed  fully, I pointed this  out to the staff and left.

Amazing, so wear  a  mask for "appearance"   doesn't  matter if it's  under your  chin, the two men when I pointed this out swiftly  pulled  them up, but  no mention of this previously by the same person who  called me out for "no mask"

Presumably if my mask was under my chin that would  have been fine, am thinking of wearing it  around my ass next time. I told the assistant he was crazy for  telling me when clearly two other people  had  effectively no mask.

I  like to do my bit for Thai- Farang relations. Gnash away...

3 hours ago, rtco said:

Me too but that doesn't stop me from being cautious.

Naturally, wear a face mask when out, sanitise hands and keep your distance, same applies to taking a bar girl back to the hotel pre Covid ????

4 hours ago, Farang99 said:

20 million deaths worldwide. But how many were OF the virus and how many just WITH the virus. In many cases cause of deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid-19 when they were caused by an underlying health problem.

For the record...

It's 20 million cases

138,000 ish deaths.

Can you back up your assertion re: many deaths being wrongly attributed to Covid?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Farang99 said:

20 million deaths worldwide. But how many were OF the virus and how many just WITH the virus. In many cases cause of deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid-19 when they were caused by an underlying health problem.

I see you're still beating that drum.

Almost all Covid deaths are with individuals with an underlying health condition and usually of advanced age; that's how the virus works. The unfortunate person may have an existing respiratory problem or something similar BUT, and very importantly, Covid then exasperates the problem, making it deadly. The point being the person may have many years left, but once they catch C19, their days are numbered. That is why their death is CORRECTLY attributed to Covid. 

Please educate yourself https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-how-does-covid-19-attack-the-human-body-11947643

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

Why are we  still having to wear masks  if there are  no cases for 50+  days? Are these asymptomatic  carriers running amok?

Last  night I went into 7-11 at 3  am  in the morning, I did'nt  have a mask on ,my bad eh,  at the counter were two people being served by the staff, one of the staff said to me "no mask" 

I  looked at the two  people being served, they both had a mask on, however BOTH of their masks were 100% under their chins, both mouth and nose exposed  fully, I pointed this  out to the staff and left.

Amazing, so wear  a  mask for "appearance"   doesn't  matter if it's  under your  chin, the two men when I pointed this out swiftly  pulled  them up, but  no mention of this previously by the same person who  called me out for "no mask"

Presumably if my mask was under my chin that would  have been fine, am thinking of wearing it  around my ass next time. I told the assistant he was crazy for  telling me when clearly two other people  had  effectively no mask.

I  like to do my bit for Thai- Farang relations. Gnash away...

We are still wearing masks because yes, there are probably still many asymtomatic carriers around and because of Thailands low level of testing, there is no way of finding out exactly how many there are. It could be widespread; it could be zero, there's just no way to know.

And what is the issue with wearing a mask anyway? Is it really that big a problem, that big a hardship? I agree it is probably unneccasary but for the very small inconvenience of wearing a mask in public, I think it's a very small price to pay for keeping Thailand as Covid free as it appears to be right now. You've seen the issues in the US where mask wearing has become some sort of insane assault on peoples 'rights' and the consequences thereafter where they are still trying desperately to get on top of the pandemic. 

I for one think the mass wearing of masks in Thailand is one of the reasons it is able to boast very low infection rates and even lower deaths so for the very small inconvenience it is, I'll be wearing mine for many months to come.  

23 hours ago, JoePai said:

Get real mate.

Thailand per million has done less tests per million than Namibia,Mongolia and Ghana and only 1,900 per million more  than war torn Libya.

It is supposedly a hub of financial brilliance in Asia but ranked 143rd in tests per million.

Workers are leaving Thailand with Covidon return but not tested. 

As for the borders, they are letting in workers without quarantine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you back up your assertion re: many deaths being wrongly attributed to Covid?

from worldometers - though 2 months old ish.

Of the known with or without health conditions - 5288 cases - only 2% died with no known issues. 

If that was rolled out globally, the amount of people dying without issues is less than 15,000 GLOBALLY - not 738,000.

April 14 Data

For comparison, below is the data provided by New York City Health as of April 14. It can be noted that the absolute number of deaths of patients without underlying conditions was actually higher in this earlier report compared to the May 13 one, signaling the data has been since corrected and revised downward.

Number of Deaths Share of deaths With underlying conditions Without underlying conditions Unknown if with underlying cond. Share of deaths
of unknown + w/o cond.
0 - 17 years old
0.04%
0%
18 - 44 years old
4.5%
1.0%
45 - 64 years old
23.1%
3.5%
65 - 74 years old
24.6%
6.0%
75+ years old
47.7%
14.2%
TOTAL
100%
137 (2.0%)
24.68%

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

We are still wearing masks because yes, there are probably still many asymtomatic carriers around and because of Thailands low level of testing, there is no way of finding out exactly how many there are. It could be widespread; it could be zero, there's just no way to know.

And what is the issue with wearing a mask anyway? Is it really that big a problem, that big a hardship? I agree it is probably unneccasary but for the very small inconvenience of wearing a mask in public, I think it's a very small price to pay for keeping Thailand as Covid free as it appears to be right now. You've seen the issues in the US where mask wearing has become some sort of insane assault on peoples 'rights' and the consequences thereafter where they are still trying desperately to get on top of the pandemic. 

I for one think the mass wearing of masks in Thailand is one of the reasons it is able to boast very low infection rates and even lower deaths so for the very small inconvenience it is, I'll be wearing mine for many months to come.  

You missed  my  point, I normally wear a mask, BUT on this  occasion at 3am in the morning after a long drive I had not got  one in the car yet 2 other people were blatantly not wearing their masks over their  face = acceptable to staff at 7-11.