Change brake fluid

quake

Hi

Want to get me brake fluid changed in me 7 year old Honda

Car, with ABS,  should I let the main dealer do it, or

Are B-quick and cockpit ok for this in the pattaya area. Anyone know approximate costs ?

What do you guys do? Or do you not bother about changing the brake fluid?

I must say the brakes work fine at present, think the manual said change it about 4 years I think.

car only done 40k from new.

Thanks, Quake

Due to the heat here Toyota recommend 4 years or 60k km. Takes around 20min: I get mine done when it goes in for it's normal service. That way they only charge for the fluid and not any labour. Sorry cant remember the cost for that but shouldn't amount to much more than a few hundred BHT. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Due to the heat here Toyota recommend 4 years or 60k km. Takes around 20min: I get mine done when it goes in for it's normal service. That way they only charge for the fluid and not any labour. Sorry cant remember the cost for that but shouldn't amount to much more than a few hundred BHT. 

Humidity, moisture in the air...????

https://autolablibertyville.com/brakes-abs/4-reasons-flush-brake-fluid/#:~:text=Reason %231%3A Brake fluid is,failure of those metal components.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fredob43 said:

What Does Heat cause well humidity or Moisture.

I can assure you that brake fluid gets way hotter in operation than LOS climate, as you stated, you go for a drive then touch the caliper, eeer, no don't do that, you will need medical attention.

The brake fluid reservoir breaths, it pulls in air, moist air, no matter what the climate, that's why there is a replacement time to flush out water contaminated fluid.

• Like 1