Foreign tourist arrivals to Thailand could be as low as 6 million in 2021, warns TAT

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

‘best case scenario’

Its right under their noses for the current situation, the expats living here can contribute to the Thai economy as much as, if not better than the Thai's, but at what discounts we talking, you know when things get tough, the tough get going, and the survival of the fittest will prevail.

Have money, willing to spend it to go on holidays, or sit it out, up to them. ????

The whole ballgame has changed since Covid, we know that, but do they, e.g. a twin room in a 3 star cost 956 baht for Friday 21st August, Saturday is 1,605 baht wouldn't it be better to have a single rate right across the board under the current situation, i.e. 1,000 baht per night all week, hotels don't pay penalty rates, so if they adopted a single room rate for the whole 7 days, I would imagine their hotels would be fuller over the weekends, you don't have to be Einstein to know that, and when the pandemic is over, they can go back to the normal rates, i.e. charging an extra 60% for the Saturday night, but not in the current situation as many are sitting on their golden eggs like me.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

Finaly even one official (if you can say TAT is ) announcement that this year nothing move in or out from this coundry! Why count next year things if going to open this year! Ok we all know it already!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

these are tough times for all the countries as tourism is interdependent and until most countries recover from the pandemic.

I think you are right almost all countries are going to show a definite drop in toruism for a couple of reasons

lack of money

worries about getting sick even if they find a vaccine it will only be for one strain of covid.

• Like 1