Foreign tourist arrivals to Thailand could be as low as 6 million in 2021, warns TAT

webfact

2 hours ago, swampdonkey said:

They seem to think people are camp outside airports already waiting on flights to resume.

tourism may never be the same again 

You'll be surprised. I have no fear of being here in Thailand. Just be careful and think. If your kissing a girl with CV ! well.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

TAT’s ‘medium case scenario’ would see foreigners returning in the third quarter (especially during European school holidays). This scenario sees TAT predict approximately 12.5 million tourists.

You says they want to come to Thailand keep dreaming TAT , if they are that good at predicting can i have the lottery numbers for the 16th of August please TAT .

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand has forecast how many foreigners it expects to visit the country in 2021.

T.A.T should stay quiet in it's ivory bubble tower and stop making useless forecasts every few days just to keep their jobs justified.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

The TAT and its numbers, trying desperately to look relevant...

"No please, don't shut us down, we have many more numbers to give: 3.78, 42659001, -1/5, 177km/hr (sorry, wrong number from different story)..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Currently, here in UK we have specified countries to travel to and self quarrantine measures on return are at home. A compromise at least we can adjust and better than complete closure.

Yes but the horses have already been let out of the stables. To late and to little UK highest death rate in Europe.

24 minutes ago, agood1963 said:

You says they want to come to Thailand keep dreaming TAT , if they are that good at predicting can i have the lottery numbers for the 16th of August please TAT .

6 million tourists based on the model that Covid 19 will be over and forgotten by 1. November 2021.

12.5 million tourists based on the model that Covid 19 will be over and forgotten by 1. July 2021.

Edited by Xonax

16 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I think the only tourists who will show up when Thailand opens their borders will be the Chinese low budget tourists.  When you view travel youtube videos, Thailand is only mentioned as one of the countries to avoid.  

I'm in Thailand locked down at the moment having a wonderful time.I can only hope the lock down continues . Australia's locked down until 2021 and it's got a good chance of being extended until 2022 .

• Like 2

I posted this on a thread a cople of days ago

I suppose the TAT statistician(s) have to do something but it surely is a total waste of time coming up with figures based on nothing but hypothesis and guesswork.

Just as relevent to this thread. I promise I won't post it any more though!

• Like 1