Extend amnesty into 2021?

18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

With the high amount of outbound flights being cancelled, what’s going to happen to foreigners still in Thailand after 26 September if their flights have been cancelled? I can’t understand the Thai government’s stance of kicking them out of the country in these terrible times.

I personally know of two married guys that have at last returned to Thailand...not an easy task but they did it...people saying they are still stuck in Thailand after 5 months are just not trying hard enough or willing to pay. There may be a few from smaller countries having problems but Europeans etc can get home if they really want to.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sundown said:

Thai Airways canceled flights just one week ago, there is also a topic about it.

There are no flights to Russia which has a lot of expats here.

With borders closed it's impossible to legally comply with some visa rules for those who need to stay and obtain a new/different visa class for whatever reason.

If the government wanted to act actively they had to set clear rules/fees to address these issues. Instead, it's all left again at the agents-IOs will and briberies. For these people now, it's all just matter of milking the last cows . 

200 Russians left Phuket last tuesday!?

Anything is possible but unless everyone can get on a flight after they announce no more amnesty, they probably wont do it. 

I also believe they would announce no more amnesty in advance. Nothing is for sure but i can't imagine them saying "get out" at the last minute without any warning. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They are making arrangements to enable migrant workers in country whose visas/permission to stay have expired to obtain new visas without leaving the country. This should go into effect shortly and certainly by 26 September everyone in that category - many hundreds of thousands of people, far larger group than Western expats -  - should be sorted out.

That removes a big reason for the amnesties.

2 months notice has been given which perhaps not coincidentally is the length of time one would need to season money to meet requirements for extension of stay on an O or O-A visa.

And people here as tourists can certainly go home.

So while no one can say, I would nto bet on further extensions. Especiallly not blanket amnesties for all visa types.

But that's just my opinion.

Good point. 

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I do not think that they will extend the amnesty again 

They will NOT extend the amnesty again.  They have made that quite clear.

• Confused 2

I am sure the immigration personnel  will be waiting to hear the excuses of those Tourists   who have not bothered to find a solution flight wise out of the country after the 27th September

No doubt will be reading about them on here blaming everyone except themselves 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
25 minutes ago, anchadian said:

They will NOT extend the amnesty again.  They have made that quite clear.

Where?

I have seen nothing stating that.

While a change of mind is possible, I think announcements from immigration make rather clear that they want those on tourist entries out by September 26th (six months after the March 26th date where it was deemed difficult or impossible for many to immediately leave to return to home country). I am not sure what clearer announcement they could make.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

But what if they do not allow visa exempt or tourist visa entries when the land border crossings open?

PLUS:
once land borders open i will bet $ to donuts it will ONLY be for locals, not westerners.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where?

I have seen nothing stating that.

I was told at immigration that come Sept 26th the only further extension would be for medical or a letter from the embassy.

Of course that is not official but it would be wrong for anyone to be misleading people into thinking there will be a further extension when the possibility is obviously evaporating.

It is not out of the question for many on ME non O to return to the home country and come back again, money and hassle is the deterrent, neither of which is of any concern to immigration.

That option was my last resort and it really is time for people to be looking at their options.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Anything is possible but unless everyone can get on a flight after they announce no more amnesty, they probably wont do it. 

I also believe they would announce no more amnesty in advance. Nothing is for sure but i can't imagine them saying "get out" at the last minute without any warning. 

its not a matter of last minute. 

Everyone has from today till Sept 26th to make arrangements to leave or pay for an extension. Plenty of agents doing a booming business. ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What announcements. I seen none clearly stating that.

I think it all really comes down to how you interpret the September 26th date (not September 30th) in conjunction with

image.png.9f17a957c9e8bc7a6247ea2ca09f196e.png

I believe it is a clear instruction by immigration to leave, and indicates that immigration (at least) does not contemplate a further automatic extension of the grace period to leave.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am just trying to correct misleading info posted by some people. Immigration certainly has not stated there will no more extensions of the ministerial order approved on April 7th.

"Immigration certainly has not stated there will no more extensions of the ministerial order approved on April 7th."

That's not entirely correct. Just after they extended the amnesty from August 1, Immigration went out and said there would be no more extensions after September 26.

Maybe that announcement wasn't correct,and they shouldn't have said it, but they DID say it. Hypothetically, an immigration officer asks a foreigner, 'why don't you leave Thailand'?, and he answers, 'the borders are closed', the IO replies, 'you can leave by air anytime you want'. The foreigner says, 'tickets are very expensive now'. What would your comment be if you were the officer? I know what I would have said. There are loads of foreigners here for just one reason, they don't want to leave. Many are stranded,yes, but not everyone. Immigration could easily say, 'Leave by air before September 26 or you will be on overstay'. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yinki said:

i came in thailand just before my child birth as a tourist , planing to gather all document to apply a support child visa. 

now that i have all document i need to get out of the country and back in to apply for my dependent child visa..

but how long will i be away from my family?

letting people apply to any visa without having to leave the country, itwould solve many problem and there would be no need of an amnesty

Not requiring ~35K+ Baht to an agent for an extension-type you fully-qualify to receive would be helpful.  But Immigration has other plans - namely, lining their pockets with agent-laundered bribery-loot.  They couldn't care less if you "really qualify" for the extension or not.

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I really don't understand what all the whining is for. IF you're supposed to be here you can stay and if you're not, you need to be ready to leave.

Oh, if only you could just "follow the rules," and everything would work out dandy.  That's not how the corruption at immigration works, unfortunately.  Only those with certain types of circumstances can get "retail price" extensions.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am just trying to correct misleading info posted by some people. Immigration certainly has not stated there will no more extensions of the ministerial notice approved on April 7th.

Just because there has been no official statement, it doesn't mean it is not being talked about in the background.

The assumption should be it will come to an end, and not suggestions it could be otherwise.

• Like 1