BANGKOK
William Osborne

Bad beer in town

10 hours ago, William Osborne said:

I know times are tough for bar owners but do yourself a favor and start looking or sampling your beer.....have been out last few weekends and mostly the Leo is undrinkable ..Switched over to Tiger lite and although still old stock seems to hold its taste better but couldn't even finish the bottle in 2 different bars last ( and i was only in 3 bars)... Anybody else notice ?.... things are bad enough for bars besides doing themselves out of business serving pish.🤮.... rant over

What do you think the bar owners should do with the old stock?

Throw it in the trash? Seriously...

Just wait few days more when the usual drunkards

will have finished the old stock

then you can come back and enjoy your tasty beer

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Bottled Chang beer  has a sell by date in very small print on the label, i dont know about others

• Like 1

not the slops in the bottle left in bars and being "recycled" by pouring into an empty bottle recapped then resold? happened to me twice projectile vomitted both times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

not the slops in the bottle left in bars and being "recycled" by pouring into an empty bottle recapped then resold? happened to me twice projectile vomitted both times.

Happens with a 165+ baht GGB bottles ever now and again if the staff aren't watched......

Be more worried about getting a hairy, warm beer in a glass from blow the counter

• Like 1

Green tea holds it's flavor! :thumbsup:

Things I've not seen post lockdown - beer delivery lorries pulling up outside bars and wheeling in crates of beer. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just recently saw six-month-old Tiger beer around town, beach side and Darkside, bottled in February. Twice it tasted awful and I returned it to the lady owner. She had bought leftover beer stock from a bar closing down. It was truly disgusting. Got Leos as a substitute. To be honest, never had a spoiled Leo. Of course, Leo outsells Tiger so likely fresher. 

In the recent past, i.e., pre-pandemic, I could not believe how awful the Tiger was at times. The Tigers at a selection of 7s, Lotus and bars all came with fill dates of six months past.

Here in Bangkok, haven't had a bad Tiger beer in years. I am guessing Pattaya bars get the brewery rejects at a discount since Pattaya margins are so small.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1