BANGKOK
kingstonkid

What do you see as the best career path for Thai students

There are a lot of students in the system and going into the system.

Besides doctors what would you recommended as a field for Thai students to take as a career path.

Low on my list of course would be anything tourism related hotels or cooking.

I personally think the non university trades like Mechanic and such would be better at this time.

• Like 1

Difficult question depends on the student, my son studied in filming because it's what he wanted to do and he does work for 2 Thai TV channels so his doing what he likes but it's not easy no money up front in Thailand he take the job on and the risk. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Computer science, Coding. Even a junior coder can land a 80000THB salary job in Bangkok. Can work also abroad or from remote. If talented can make 6 figures salary in USD as a junior dev..

That's the end of the sweet part. Must like mathematics and logic.

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mine is in Economics and will have him do an additional in business management. I am grooming him to have his own business. Setting it up for him to be a partner with my Thai friend in a new factory already on the drawing board. I want him to be able to go into many different roles private and government if he wishes to. Not just locked in and I even know a few in government here and in the USA..

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, samsensam said:

forget career path think attitude. in thailand, possibly more than other countries, the right attitude can get you a long way. i have business owning thai friends and the staffing problems are immense; lateness, laziness, dishonesty, unreliability are all common complaints. but it's not the whole picture, i also have friends from average families, who went to average universities, but have excellent jobs all because they have a positive, hard working, professional approach to their job. thailand is the land of opportunities for those with the right mindset. 

True. But he will get experience from many avenues for how to go about things from my personal experiences and connections to working it out himself while always being watched over. I am not grooming him to be only in one industry.

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Don't be part of the show, RUN the show! Join the army!

They used to say that when I was a kid "Join the Army and See the World" it will do you the world of good

20 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Computer science, Coding. Even a junior coder can land a 80000THB salary job in Bangkok. Can work also abroad or from remote. If talented can make 6 figures salary in USD as a junior dev..

That's the end of the sweet part. Must like mathematics and logic.

Software developers and data scientists are always in short supply anywhere - Bangkok is no exception.

The really talented and capable software developers

can command much much more than 80k.

I recall seeing some very niche Unity3D development job postings sometime ago - starting salary 220k+ THB