BANGKOK
snow flurry

Has anyone here gotten their 30 day extension beyond 26 Sept?

As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone has already obtained the 30 day extension and what did they have to say/do/produce to get it. Please share your experience including which immigration office you went to. Thanks!

You would need to apply on September 26 to get a 30 day extension beyond September 26.

I think it is presumed you have already had an extension, and it expires 26 September.

Think like the stamp in your passport says "permitted to stay until 26/09/2020" and you have used up all extension options.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day extension can be applied for prior September 26th and will start on the 27th. Immigration has already announced that.

Thanks, I stand corrected. ( can you delete my post as its wrong)

Do you get the extension even if you got a 30 day extension back before the amnesty started ?

32 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Do you get the extension even if you got a 30 day extension back before the amnesty started ?

It could be a special 30 day extension with a letter from a person's embassy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

NO. I'm going to keep it in my back pocket for as long as possible. With the TAT Deputy Minister commenting the borders will not open until next year, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be a special 30 day extension with a letter from a person's embassy.

A letter from the applicant's embassy OR a doctor's certificate and take it to your local Immigration office:

image.png.07d20eb7cfcd2331ddc05a5706c0d0c4.png

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day extension can be applied for prior to September 26th and will start on the 27th. Immigration has already announced that.

It is presently unclear (at least for me) to which type of Visa extension this 27 September start-date refers to.

It looks as if it is limited to the Embassy letter supported 30-days extensions only (for those on short-term Visa with inability to return to their home-country).

But limiting it only to that category will not avoid the 'overcrowding' of IOs - addressed in the InfoGraphic - when other extensions of stay are handled from 'day of application' (e.g. not used 30-day extension from a Tourist Visa entry, not used 60-day extension for reason of visiting your thai wife/thai dependant child, 1-year extension of stay based on a Non Imm O Visa).

It will be an absolute mad-house at IO in the last week before Amnesty expiry, if all those other Visa-extensions would only do their application last-minute.  And it is quite sensible to do so if the start date is from date of application.

Imo it would make sense for IO to make an announcement that e.g. ALL short-stay extensions of stay applications (30-day as well as 60-day) applied for during the present Amnesty period would start from Sept 27.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

at this time i am will go for the no flights out .. i paid for a ticket for aug 28 it got canceled  and i am waiting for rebook .. so far they are ignoring me .. i have not tried to call usa  this is gotogate ..   and i cant keep paying for flights if they get canceled .. 

Edited by ifmu
incorrect date

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

It is presently unclear (at least for me) to which type of Visa extension this 27 September start-date refers to.

It looks as if it is limited to the Embassy letter supported 30-days extensions only (for those on short-term Visa with inability to return to their home-country).

That is only stated in the infographic. There is other info they have put out that only states extensions.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only stated in the infographic. There is other info they have put out that only states extensions.

Agreed.

But there are reports of applicants for a 60-day extension of stay,

- where their IO provides it from date of application,

- while other IOs tell that they will handle such application with start-date Sept 27 (and suggesting applicants to do it somewhere in course of September),

- and still others that flatly refuse to handle a 60-day extension of stay application (because applicant not on a 'valid' permission to stay).

The only consistency in how IOs seem to handle this is by being inconsistent.

And the sad conclusion being that every applicant has to enquire at his local IO, how it would work out for him/her.  And even so, different officers in same IO will tell you differently.

Note: There is also a positive side to this chaos-situation, and that is that when being turned down at your local IO, you can 'shop around' for a more accomodating IO in a different province and apply there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day extension can be applied for prior September 26th and will start on the 27th. Immigration has already announced that.

They announced that all kinds of allowed extensions will take effect on September 27th, regardless of when they are applied for. In the infographic, it is in the section on "long term visa holders", but probably also applies to those given medical extensions, or 30-day extensions with a letter from the embassy. I think this thread is a useful one, as it may clarify whether regular 30-day extensions (and 60-day extensions to visit family) will be permitted for those on tourist entries who already have stayed over six months longer than they normally would have been allowed to.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They announced that all kinds of allowed extensions will take effect on September 27th, regardless of when they are applied for. In the infographic, it is in the section on "long term visa holders", but probably also applies to those given medical extensions, or 30-day extensions with a letter from the embassy. I think this thread is a useful one, as it may clarify whether regular 30-day extensions (and 60-day extensions to visit family) will be permitted for those on tourist entries who already have stayed over six months longer than they normally would have been allowed to.

They put that remark in the infographic under the wrong section. 

Official info I have seen only states extensions and not only the 2 mentioned in the infographic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think this thread is a useful one, as it may clarify whether regular 30-day extensions (and 60-day extensions to visit family) will be permitted for those on tourist entries who already have stayed over six months longer than they normally would have been allowed to.

True. I guess the reason why we haven't had reports yet (either way) is that people are waiting for reports before heading to immigration themselves. 😉

I'm no exception. I'd go myself to give it a shot, but I prefer to wait for a bit longer to see if any positive or negative reports surface.

• Like 1