Has anyone here gotten their 30 day extension beyond 26 Sept?

On 8/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, Iamemjay said:

A letter from the applicant's embassy OR a doctor's certificate and take it to your local Immigration office:

image.png.07d20eb7cfcd2331ddc05a5706c0d0c4.png

What does the third point "Notification of residence" mean?  Something to do with owning a home or renting a property?

32 minutes ago, Common said:

What does the third point "Notification of residence" mean?  Something to do with owning a home or renting a property?

That is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. It often called a address report or of your residence.

16 minutes ago, biatch0 said:

I dropped by the Udon immigration a couple of days back with embassy letter in hand, but they essentially refused to give out the 30-day extension. They more or less said to continue trying to leave the country, and if you're still unable to leave then try to request the extension again. I went in assuming that the 30-day embassy extension would likely be difficult to get so early on, but tried my luck since I was heading to immigration on an unrelated matter.

I did however find a local agency who offered a 3-month volunteer visa which I'm looking at as my preferred option at the moment, and will decide on next course of action towards the end of this month. Hopefully others have better luck. 

With still 43 days to go before the Amnesty expires (26 September), it is not surprising that your local IO refused to provide you already that 30 day extension (which would start 27 September and provide you with a permission to stay till 26 October).

Applying for such an Embassy-statement backed 30-day extension would be more appropriate in the beginning of September.  Unfortunately you will most probably need to re-apply for the Embassy-statement as it is as good as certain that your local IO will not issue it on an 'old' Embassy-statement. 

On 8/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, ifmu said:

at this time i am will go for the no flights out .. i paid for a ticket for aug 28 it got canceled  and i am waiting for rebook .. so far they are ignoring me .. i have not tried to call usa  this is gotogate ..   and i cant keep paying for flights if they get canceled .. 

get your money back !!!!????

21 hours ago, biatch0 said:

I dropped by the Udon immigration a couple of days back with embassy letter in hand, but they essentially refused to give out the 30-day extension. They more or less said to continue trying to leave the country, and if you're still unable to leave then try to request the extension again.

I called the 1178 number and explained I had used my last 90 entry as well as my 60 dat extension and wished to apply for 1 year extension with 400,000 baht in the bank which I transferred on 6th August and was told to go into Yasothon office with embassy letter (which I managed to aquire) to apply for 30 day tourist visa to give me the extra time for the money to be in the bank for the reqired 2months then apply for 1 year extension 2 weeks before that visa expires,so my wife called Yasothon office and was told that I had already got a 2 month tourist visa and cannot get another,I presume she means the 60 day extension to visit wife which I got on 21st Jan 2020 she then said to wait and see if the borders open so I can leave Thailand to get a new visa which seems to go against the come in early advice of the announcement posted above,so I'll be going into the Yasothon office next Monday for a face to face meeting to see I can convince them to give me a 30 extension (tourist visa?) based on extenuating circumstances.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, freesudani said:

Yes ... just got back from immigration CW after providing my embassy paper , the extension is 30 days starting 26-september , but they didnt give me the extension yet ,i got a stamp on my passport  to get back to them on September for final approval. 

May I know the documents that should I provide for the same issue as you? I have my embassy letter already, but still looking  information for complete documents that should I attach with it. 

Thank you in advance

8 minutes ago, qwunk89 said:

Has anyone successfully been able to extend their 30-day VE stamp for 30 days at immigration via an unused extension (not embassy letter).

Yes, several reports of those on a Visa Exempt entry with an expired permission to stay (and thus on the Amnesty), that successfully applied for the 30-days extension of stay their Visa Exempt entry entitled them to.  Being on that valid 30-day extension of stay allows them then to apply fo for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, which needs to be done while there is still at least 15 days (some IOs require 23 days) left on that valid permission to stay. 

46 minutes ago, qwunk89 said:

Hi,

Has anyone successfully been able to extend their 30-day VE stamp for 30 days at immigration via an unused extension (not embassy letter). 

Thanks!

Peter already covered your question.

For anyone with an extension up there sleeve be it 30 day to tourist visa or visa exempt or even 60 day extension to guys with a ME marriage...... Personally I would go to my imm office with all the paperwork for extension and ask.

From what date will this extension be granted? If reply is "from Sept 26", I would apply on the spot with docs in hand.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, biatch0 said:

I dropped by the Udon immigration a couple of days back with embassy letter in hand, but they essentially refused to give out the 30-day extension. They more or less said to continue trying to leave the country, and if you're still unable to leave then try to request the extension again. I went in assuming that the 30-day embassy extension would likely be difficult to get so early on, but tried my luck since I was heading to immigration on an unrelated matter.

I did however find a local agency who offered a 3-month volunteer visa which I'm looking at as my preferred option at the moment, and will decide on next course of action towards the end of this month. Hopefully others have better luck. 

What is your passport country? What did the embassy letter say?

On 8/13/2020 at 1:16 PM, biatch0 said:

That's actually sound advice from Udon immigration.  Why waste 1.900 THB on the Embassy-backed special 30-day extension which would provide you an extra 30 days permission to stay, when you are on the Amnesty extension which allows your to stay till 26 September.

Applying for that special 30-day extension (for reason of not being able to return to your home-country or for medical reasons) would only make sense in the final days of the Amnesty, but it will require a new Embassy letter as immigration obviously will not accept an 'old' letter.

17 minutes ago, qwunk89 said:

I'm reporting back.

I went to Chiang Mai Immigration today (Promenada) and wasn't able to get a 30-day extension of my visa exempt stamp (even though I have an unused extension). I was told 30-day extensions with an embassy letter or for medical only.

This is quite strange, because there is no reason why they would deny you the 30-day extension of stay you are entitled to based on your Visa Exempt entry.

Maybe IO just tried to be helpful by not providing you the 30-day extension you applied for.

You are on the Amnesty extended permission to stay till 26 September.  So applying now for the 30-day extension would be a waste as the permission to stay it would provide you is shorter than the Amnesty extension which you already have.

But did you explain to them you wanted to do the 30-day extension in order to be on a 'valid' permission to stay from which you could do your application for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa?

If the CM officer you talked to is adamant in not willing to provide you with a 30-day extension as spring-board for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa application, you should politely ask to talk to the officer in charge.  If also that officer would deny you both applications, you could consider temporarily/administratively relocating to a different province with a more accomodating IO.

As mentioned in an earlier post there are two confirmed reports of applicants in a similar situation like yourself that successfully did this.  That was some weeks ago at CW (Bangkok), and it would be extremely troubling if IO nation-wide changed their earlier stance and are now refusing applications which they earlier accepted.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, several reports of those on a Visa Exempt entry with an expired permission to stay (and thus on the Amnesty), that successfully applied for the 30-days extension of stay their Visa Exempt entry entitled them to.  Being on that valid 30-day extension of stay allows them then to apply fo for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, which needs to be done while there is still at least 15 days (some IOs require 23 days) left on that valid permission to stay. 

Any chance you could share which immigration offices have allowed 30-day extensions on amnesty? Thanks

7 hours ago, LOSel said:

Any chance you could share which immigration offices have allowed 30-day extensions on amnesty? Thanks

Two reports from applicants with a Visa Exempt entry and on the Amnesty, applying successfully for the 30-days extension of stay at CW and using it as spring-board for their subsequent 90-day Non Imm O Visa application.

Also one report from Kanchanaburi where IO was even willing to handle the application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa from an expired Tourist Visa entry without the intermediate 30-days extension step.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LOSel said:

Attached the link to a thread addressing the recent application at CW from a TR Visa with expired permission to stay, WITHOUT the need of the intermediate 30-day extension of stay, for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1178203-switching-to-non-imm-o-visa-from-tr-visa/?do=findComment&comment=15723801

15 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

This is quite strange, because there is no reason why they would deny you the 30-day extension of stay you are entitled to based on your Visa Exempt entry.

Besides the most recent police order which implies that a regular 30 day extension isn't possible anymore, as mentioned in the other topic?

15 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You are on the Amnesty extended permission to stay till 26 September.  So applying now for the 30-day extension would be a waste as the permission to stay it would provide you is shorter than the Amnesty extension which you already have.

According to the most recent police order, extensions would start from 27th September, so if a regular 30 day extension were possible, he would not have wasted anything by applying now.

There might be some immigration offices which still do regular 30 day extensions for tourists, but most will probably decline them based on this police order.

Edited by jackdd

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Besides the most recent police order which implies that a regular 30 day extension isn't possible anymore, as mentioned in the other topic?

According to the most recent police order, extensions would start from 27th September, so if a regular 30 day extension were possible, he would not have wasted anything by applying now.

There might be some immigration offices which still do regular 30 day extensions for tourists, but most will probably decline them based on this police order.

It is a mis-conception that that latest PoliceOrder (and the condensed InfoGraphic derived from it) supersedes regular Immigration procedures.  That PoliceOrder just provides some clarification on handling applications during the Amnesty, but in no way does it make regular IO rules/regulations invalid.

Obviously there will be some Immigration officers that misinterpret it and won't handle your legit application, but majority of IOs are still sane even in these confusing Amnesty times.

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It is not a policer order. It is a "Notification of the Immigration Bureau".

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, Peter Denis said:

Two reports from applicants with a Visa Exempt entry and on the Amnesty, applying successfully for the 30-days extension of stay at CW and using it as spring-board for their subsequent 90-day Non Imm O Visa application.

Also one report from Kanchanaburi where IO was even willing to handle the application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa from an expired Tourist Visa entry without the intermediate 30-days extension step.

Is it possible to just move to one of these areas that are more relaxed for the next month to get an extension on a non-o.

20 minutes ago, ndreamer said:

Is it possible to just move to one of these areas that are more relaxed for the next month to get an extension on a non-o.

It is ESSENTIAL to enquire beforehand whether the IO of the province where you plan to re-locate would indeed be willing to handle your application for a 1-year extension of stay, and if so WHICH requirements they impose (some IOs now requiring 12 months of monthly income transfers when using the monthly income transfer method for your 1-year extension of stay application).

Also some IOs will refuse to handle your application when not on a 'valid' permission to stay, and would require you to first apply for a 30-day or 60-day extension of stay in order to get such valid permission to stay, that can then be used as a spring-board to apply for the 1-year extension of stay.

But in principle it will be possible to relocate and it's just a matter of finding an IO that is more accommodating than your local one (if your local one is unwilling to handle your application).

Because when on a Non Imm O Visa or 1-year extension of stay of such Visa, you are free to live wherever you want in Thailand.  But you need an 'official residence' for Immigration purposes, and it's at the IO of that province where your official residence is located that your 1-year extensions of stay, TM30s and 90-day reports will be handled.

When relocating to another province (or even within the same province), you need to notify the IO of that province that you relocated there.  You will need proof of residence of that new place (e.g. a rental contract or a copy of the house-book of the place where you are staying - together with a signed front/back copy of the ID-card from the owner), and then file a TM30 (or TM27) at the IO where you moved.

When you received approval by the local IO of that TM30 (or TM27) filing, you are then officially relocated to that new place, and will have to deal with that local IO for any immigration matters and you can then apply there for the 1-year extension of stay.

And yes, you could even just do a temporarily/administratively relocation.  But when applying for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, that might invoke an immigration visit to the place where you and your thai wife are staying (to check whether you are indeed still a couple and living together), so you would need to be there at the moment of such announced/non-announced visit.  But when applying for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of retirement, the approval stamp will be provided on the spot (provided you meet the requirements).

Obviously, once you got the approval stamp in your passport for the 1-year extension of stay nothing can stop you from relocating back to your original province.

Note: In the current Amnesty times (with no clear rules/regulations resulting in inconsistency all-over) many IOs are totally confused on how to handle applications from those whose permission to stay already expired during the Amnesty.  With some IOs refusing to handle applications when on an Amnesty-based permission to stay or imposing 'impossible' requirements, playing the 'Relocation Game' can be a life-line for staying in Thailand and not being forced to leave.  For some applicants dealing with an unwilling IO to handle their application, temporarily relocating to a more accommodating IO in a different province can indeed turn out to be their option of the last resort.

A final option is of course also to engage a Fixer Agent who can 'magically' (but for a fee) make the financial requirements disappear which you are unable to meet.

40 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Fixer Agent who can 'magically' (but for a fee) make the financial requirements disappear which you are unable to meet.

It's a document requirement atm, which is the same for just a 60 day extension. I'm just looking for more options for time. Thanks for your reply.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is not a policer order. It is a "Notification of the Immigration Bureau".

So, I cannot use the 30 days extension anymore? Where can I read more about this? What do you guys think are the best options to stay after September 26th?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, mareo said:

So, I cannot use the 30 days extension anymore? Where can I read more about this? What do you guys think are the best options to stay after September 26th?

The notification does not say you can or cannot get one. If you did not apply for the normal 30 day extension of a visa exempt or tourist visa you be able to apply for it. I think immigration may of been under the assumption that everybody had already used them so the did not mention them.

You should at least try to apply for it and if they say no then the extension with a letter from your embassy would be a option.

34 minutes ago, mareo said:

1 - If you did not use the 30-day extension yet that your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entitled you to, you should still be able to apply for it.  Obviously doing so would only be useful in the final days of the Amnesty, as it will normally be provided starting from the moment of application (yes, some IOs interpret the IO Notification incorrectly and have it start from 27 Sept).

2 - If you did not yet use the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child, you should likewise still be able to apply for it.  And also for that application it would be useful to apply for it in the final days of the Amnesty, as it will normally be provided starting from the moment of application (yes, some IOs interpret the IO Notification incorrectly and have it start from 27 Sept).

3 - Some IOs flatly refuse to accept any extension of stay (be it 30-days, 60-days or 1-year extensions of stay), and some IOs accept an extension of stay but insist on letting it start from the date your permission to stay expired, which would make a 30-day or 60-day extension of stay useless. 

They are incorrect but obviously such a stance by IO can create a huge problem for the applicant.

4 - Some IOs only want to handle a 1-year extension of stay when applying for it from what they consider a 'valid' permission to stay.  At those IOs you would therefore first have to apply for the 30- or 60-day extension of stay (if you qualify for it and did not use it yet), in order to be able to then apply for the 1-year extension of stay.

5 - If you are not able to qualify for any 'regular' extension of stay (be it 30-days, 60-days or 1-year extension of stay), you would need to exit Thailand before 26 September.

In that case your only options left to stay longer in Thailand are:

a) Relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO, in case the problem lies with your local IO not accepting a 'regular' extension of stay, because of their rogue Amnesty interpretation;

b) Engaging a Fixer Agent that might circumvent some of the requirements blocking your 1-year extension of stay application;

c) In the final days of the Amnesty, apply at your home-country's Embassy for a letter that will allow you to apply for a 'special' 30-day extension of stay.  However the Amnesty letter will only be provided when you are unable to leave the country (e.g. because your home-country is still in lock-down) or when there are medical reasons for you not being able to leave.

Also note that such a letter will not always provide you with 30-days extra permission to stay, but the permission to stay granted might be capped by IO if they consider a shorter period sufficient for you to leave the country.  Also such 'special' permission to stay is NOT a regular permission to stay and you cannot use it as spring-board for a regular application.

Edited by Peter Denis