Has anyone here gotten their 30 day extension beyond 26 Sept?

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

c) In the final days of the Amnesty, apply at your home-country's Embassy for a letter that will allow you to apply for a 'special' 30-day extension of stay.  However the Amnesty letter will only be provided when you are unable to leave the country (e.g. because your home-country is still in lock-down) or when there are medical reasons for you not being able to leave.

Also note that such a letter will not always provide you with 30-days extra permission to stay, but the permission to stay granted might be capped by IO if they consider a shorter period sufficient for you to leave the country.  Also such 'special' permission to stay is NOT a regular permission to stay and you cannot use it as spring-board for a regular application.

Hi Peter, I'm not sure if you remember me, I posted the unsuccessful non O visa trip to CW. I have used up my 30 and 60 day extension and am now trying to obtain a letter from my embassy hoping to get an extension and afterwards applying for the conversion visa and later a spouse O visa. Your post above states this is not possible, if this is the case, then a letter from my embassy would be fruitless to right?

10 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

Hi Peter, I'm not sure if you remember me, I posted the unsuccessful non O visa trip to CW. I have used up my 30 and 60 day extension and am now trying to obtain a letter from my embassy hoping to get an extension and afterwards applying for the conversion visa and later a spouse O visa. Your post above states this is not possible, if this is the case, then a letter from my embassy would be fruitless to right?

What he wrote is not completely correct. Others have been able to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration after getting the "special extension" with the embassy letter when the were being issued before.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What he wrote is not completely correct. Others have been able to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration after getting the "special extension" with the embassy letter when the were being issued before.

@bkkexplorer

Actually I am glad to hear from UJ that some applicants were able to get hold of a 90-day Non Imm O Visa when applying from a 'special extension' with the Embassy letter (me mentioning it was based on a credible report I read - but unfortunately cannot find anymore - stating that such was not possible).

But would that also be true when on an expired ME Non Imm O marriage Visa having used already your 60-day extension of stay, and now applying for a 1-year extension of stay?

There has been a report from someone applying at Kanchanaburi IO for the 1-year extension of stay while being on the Amnesty, and IO was willing to handle his application for the 1-year extension of stay without him being on a 'valid' permission to stay from a 60-day extension.

So the MAIN issue is whether IO would handle your application for the 1-year extension of stay when on the Amnesty extension.  Many IOs will refuse such application, and others only want to do it when on a 'valid' permission to stay (e.g. from a 60-day extension, or - as confirmed now by UJ - from an Embassy letter acquired 'special extension').

It would therefore be a matter of finding an IO that would handle such application (either directly from your expired ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, or with an intermediate 'special extension' based on an Embassy letter).  And when IO has confirmed their willingness to do so, you could then temporarily/administratively relocate to that province in order to apply for your 1-year extension of stay there.

Edited by Peter Denis

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Your response gives me some hope, I will pursue this route for now.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is correct in my experience. Hat Yai IO explicitly said because I had used the "special" amnesty letter extension I could not apply for a 60 day to visit family or 90 day non-0 visa. 

Good to know HDY might be wrong though, @Peter Denis are you still collating everyone's experiences? Might be useful for next time I go back to state other offices that are allowing application.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, greggraham said:

It is correct in my experience. Hat Yai IO explicitly said because I had used the "special" amnesty letter extension I could not apply for a 60 day to visit family or 90 day non-0 visa.

Good to know HDY might be wrong though, @Peter Denis are you still collating everyone's experiences? Might be useful for next time I go back to state other offices that are allowing application.

HI Greg,

Thanks for the report.  Any experience re application for an extension be it positive/negative is useful.

And to answer your question > yes, I am still collecting application case reports from different IOs, and these show that the only consistency between how IOs treat such applications is their mutual inconsistency.

Also I have not yet come across a case-report of someone temporarily relocating to a different province because of their local IO refusing to handle their application, but we still have one month before Amnesty expiry.  I presume that mid September when it becomes clear for those that want to stay in Thailand after 26 Sept and have no other options left than either engaging a Fixer Agent or relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO, that more case-reports will emerge. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 5:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day extension can be applied for prior September 26th and will start on the 27th. Immigration has already announced that.

I have a non O multiple entry. I was told unless I had 400k in the bank for the last two months. I can not apply for any extension and must leave the country by the 26th Sept. They did say no problem just go and come back and stay in Thailands cheap ASQ for two weeks out of every 12 weeks. So after 25 years of taking care of Thai people. I am being forced out of the country. I will not leave and come back I will leave and go and sit somewhere for a long time and think about it.  Thailands loss, I am angry and saddened by their attitudes. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, adrianb said:

I have a non O multiple entry. I was told unless I had 400k in the bank for the last two months. I can not apply for any extension and must leave the country by the 26th Sept. They did say no problem just go and come back and stay in Thailands cheap ASQ for two weeks out of every 12 weeks. So after 25 years of taking care of Thai people. I am being forced out of the country. I will not leave and come back I will leave and go and sit somewhere for a long time and think about it.  Thailands loss, I am angry and saddened by their attitudes. 

A fixer agent would make the 400K requirement go away, fee quoted by an applicant making use of their service was 25K (with no need for the 400K nor seasoning of it).

> I did PM you the co-ordinates of that agent.

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

A fixer agent would make the 400K requirement go away, fee quoted by an applicant making use of their service was 25K (with no need for the 400K nor seasoning of it).

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum

Hi! Can you PM me this agent's info too? Thanks!

On 8/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, Peter Denis said:

HI Greg,

Thanks for the report.  Any experience re application for an extension be it positive/negative is useful.

And to answer your question > yes, I am still collecting application case reports from different IOs, and these show that the only consistency between how IOs treat such applications is their mutual inconsistency.

Also I have not yet come across a case-report of someone temporarily relocating to a different province because of their local IO refusing to handle their application, but we still have one month before Amnesty expiry.  I presume that mid September when it becomes clear for those that want to stay in Thailand after 26 Sept and have no other options left than either engaging a Fixer Agent or relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO, that more case-reports will emerge. 

Yep, hopefully more reports soon.

If I were to get a letter from my embassy and immigration gave me a +30 (instead of a 60 day to visit family) I could apply for the non-o on that? I've had 400k seasoned for months, just trying to find a way to apply..

43 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Yep, hopefully more reports soon.

If I were to get a letter from my embassy and immigration gave me a +30 (instead of a 60 day to visit family) I could apply for the non-o on that? I've had 400k seasoned for months, just trying to find a way to apply..

It's crazy but the only way to find out is enquire at your local IO about your options.  And of course even better if you can ask about specific options you have in mind and whether they would be willing to accept your application following that route.

There should be no reason for your local IO to NOT accept your application for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage using the 400K funds-in-bank method (seasoned for +2 months on date of application).  But unfortunately there are many IOs that do not accept your legit Amnesty extension of stay as a 'valid' permission to stay.  But most of those that do not accept it, will accept it when you first got a short-stay extension and then used that as spring-board for your 1-year extension of stay.

However, the 'special' extension based on an Embassy letter that you are not able to leave the country (e.g. because your home-country is still in lock-down or for medical reasons) is of course rather tricky as method to apply for the 1-year extension of stay.  According to UJ there are reports of applicants being approved using that intermediate step, but there is also at least one report of someone where their IO was adamant that you could only get a continuation (based on a new Embassy letter) but that you cannot get ANY other extension from that special extension.  Which would actually make sense because the special extension based on the Embassy letter is NOT for staying longer in the country, but to provide you with a legit permission to stay in case you are not able to leave.

So enquiring at your local IO is ESSENTIAL as there is no consistency in how local IOs are handling applications during this unprecedented Amnesty period.  And on top of that, it is recommended to 'challenge' a Cannot reply by the desk officer and politely request talking to the officer in charge (which might have a different stance than the desk officer, most of whom are afraid of making any mistake by approving an application when they are not 100% sure and therefor often resort to a Cannot response).

Obviously if also the officer in charge at your local IO is not willing to handle your application, there are only 2 options left:

1 - Engaging the services of a Fixer Agent to get your application approved;

2 - Temporarily/administratively relocating to a different province with a more 'accommodating' IO willing to accept your application.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hello, would you please share the fixer agent's contact details with me? I'd like to give it a shot before having to leave the country. Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, NK2020 said:

Hello, would you please share the fixer agent's contact details with me? I'd like to give it a shot before having to leave the country. Thank you. 

PM sent > you are welcome and hope you are successful and don't have to leave the country.

>> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

13 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Am I right in assuming that the British Embassy will not provide letters required by Thai immigration for a 30 day extension beyond 26 September?

Not completely correct. The are issuing them but their wording for them is a bit odd.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not completely correct. The are issuing them but their wording for them is a bit odd.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

Thank you Joe.

Do you know anywhere I can see the form of words the British Embassy are using. 

Another possibility in my case is that I am unfortunate in that I suffer from a comorbitity that makes both air travel and travel to a country with one of the worst records in handling covid inadvisable.  In fact those are the real reasons why I am so keen to avoid travelling to my home country now.

Seeing the form of words used by the British Embassy would help me decide whether to contact them, my doctor, or possibly both.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, freesudani said:

Yes ... just got back from immigration CW after providing my embassy paper , the extension is 30 days starting 26-september , but they didnt give me the extension yet ,i got a stamp on my passport  to get back to them on September for final approval. 

That means you got it. After getting the under consideration stamp it is a formality to get the full time.

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Here is the link:

A few things about that report are odd. First those entering from Malaysia, whether with a transit visa or, more likely a visa exempt under bilateral agreement, are not normally entitled to any normal 30-day extension. Although he states he is an Asian, and entered from Malaysia, perhaps he did not enter with a Malaysian passport, but is a national of another Asian country (such as Japan or Singapore) and entered with a regular visa exempt entry. However, I would take this first post by a new member stating something that, on its face, is impossible as highly suspect.

On 8/26/2020 at 7:18 AM, Peter Denis said:

Hello, could you please share the fixer's agent contact detail for me too. I'm having difficulty with Nonthaburi IO which the officer stated i can only get 30 days extension if i get the letter from embassy. Thank you very much.

11 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Anyone has made a "normal" 30 days extension on tourist visa (exemption on arrival) ? Without embassy letter i think ?

Yes, a well-documented report from someone that had entered Thailand Visa Exempt, and was on the Amnesty extension.  He successfully applied at MTT (the new Bangkok office) for the regular 30-day extension a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entitles you to, and then successfully used the 'valid' permission to stay that 30-day extension of stay provided him as spring-board to apply at CW for  90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement).