got bad company. how to kill fast.No Scan done!!!

THAIPHUKET

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

It, apparently, will fix whatever ails you. So, yes?  Although you might not feel so go afterwards.

Well most up to date OS don't need those kinda softwares, that's what I wanted to say. Only thing you need to do is have the latest browser version with a good AdBlock on the latest OS version. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sundown said:

with a good AdBlock on the latest OS version

Many of these popup 'messages' are delivered from ad supported websites via an ad syndicate that doesn't screen their advertiser content before allowing it to go live, though some are delivered via dodgy browser ad-ons that do covert ad inserts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Fake. don't do anything or you will be in real trouble. They want you to bite and click.

That's one review said THEY WILL DEMAND$250 TO LET YOU GO.

GLAD I DIDN'T SCAN

I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THEIR APPEARANCE MIGHT HAVE TRIGGERED

• Like 1

There are some good youtube video about scams out if India - They have very good 'pop up' notices like that ... Looks like MS .. People who bite call a local number, which then is routed to India with a bunch of scammers who will try and take over you computer and do all sort of s*** to you.

19 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Just ignore it. How about do a google search on restoro. You should also have a good spyware program on your Pc so why don't you use that. You can even get these pop up click warning on your apple phone. All BS. 

Good you did not click. You are safe.

Best free PC cleaner in 2020. Optimize and clean my PC. Keep your computer clean and fast with Total PC Cleaner. It lets you clean your PC's cache and big files. It has everything you need for a free computer cleaner. User comments "This is the best pc cleaner in Microsoft store". It scans your whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up your PC, and boost its performance. With just a few clicks, you can selectively remove files from the following categories:  - System Caches   - Application Caches  - Mail Caches  - Office Caches - Browser Caches - Downloads  - Large Files - Duplicate Files

Show less

23 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Best free PC cleaner in 2020. Optimize and clean my PC. Keep your computer clean and fast with Total PC Cleaner. It lets you clean your PC's cache and big files. It has everything you need for a free computer cleaner. User comments "This is the best pc cleaner in Microsoft store". It scans your whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up your PC, and boost its performance. With just a few clicks, you can selectively remove files from the following categories:  - System Caches   - Application Caches  - Mail Caches  - Office Caches - Browser Caches - Downloads  - Large Files - Duplicate Files

Show less

Why do you want free?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Download ccleaner and run it a few times. It is a bogus notice but can be caused by some malware or spyware that this program helps removing.

@THAIPHUKET even IF microsoft doesn't trust CCLEANER I'd still download and run it. So...

CCleaner

AdwCleaner

The message image you posted in your OP was likely just an unwanted POPUP ad that can be ignored, but running the two above scanners along with running your own virus scanner built into the Security Suite protection software installed on your PC should give you at least 98% confidence your system isn't infected with malware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

@THAIPHUKET even IF microsoft doesn't trust CCLEANER I'd still download and run it. So...

CCleaner

AdwCleaner

The message image you posted in your OP was likely just an unwanted POPUP ad that can be ignored, but running the two above scanners along with running your own virus scanner built into the Security Suite protection software installed on your PC should give you at least 98% confidence your system isn't infected with malware.

No-one's mentioned it explicitly, but we're all assuming that the OP is running Windows 10 - continuing with that assumption, I've been using CCleaner for years - excellent utility. Microsoft doesn't trust what it can't make money from! It sees it as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it doesn't like its signature. "Train" CC to delete cookies that you want to delete and keep ones you want to keep - it's very powerful. Lots on here https://community.ccleaner.com/

IN ADDITION...... MalwareBytes  https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ Be sure to select the Free edition and don't be tempted into accepting the "upgrade" to the paid edition. It does the same thing but it does it automatically. With the free edition you just have to remember to update and run it from time to time.

And also....run Windows  Security alongside whatever A/V program you're already using  - switch "periodic scanning" on to get them to play together.

So mine with Norton Security (which I do pay for) looks like this:

image.png.9a9fc30ea9515e00413a5996188a415a.png

image.png.f79f8beb42d34fcb78646a1a09299a98.png

Edited by VBF

On 8/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, rvaviator said:

There are some good youtube video about scams out if India - They have very good 'pop up' notices like that ... Looks like MS .. People who bite call a local number, which then is routed to India with a bunch of scammers who will try and take over you computer and do all sort of s*** to you.

Yup, watched this YT yesterday which gave me a good laugh. The biter bit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSP_0iLzTgk