Jump to content
BANGKOK
THAIPHUKET

got bad company. how to kill fast.No Scan done!!!

Recommended Posts

If this ad is not a fake Microsoft then this seems to be ok

 

 

apps.65475.13520645424616117.af16425f-edae-424c-87cc-a9936b2bceb6.dd84c549-5d52-4ba3-b777-df759d65d6e5?mode=scale&q=90&h=1080&w=1920

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best free PC cleaner in 2020. Optimize and clean my PC. Keep your computer clean and fast with Total PC Cleaner. It lets you clean your PC's cache and big files. It has everything you need for a free computer cleaner. User comments "This is the best pc cleaner in Microsoft store". It scans your whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up your PC, and boost its performance. With just a few clicks, you can selectively remove files from the following categories:  - System Caches   - Application Caches  - Mail Caches  - Office Caches - Browser Caches - Downloads  - Large Files - Duplicate Files

Show less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Best free PC cleaner in 2020. Optimize and clean my PC. Keep your computer clean and fast with Total PC Cleaner. It lets you clean your PC's cache and big files. It has everything you need for a free computer cleaner. User comments "This is the best pc cleaner in Microsoft store". It scans your whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up your PC, and boost its performance. With just a few clicks, you can selectively remove files from the following categories:  - System Caches   - Application Caches  - Mail Caches  - Office Caches - Browser Caches - Downloads  - Large Files - Duplicate Files

Show less

Why do you want free?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was glad to see it was not your girlfriend you wanted to dispose of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will happily pay. But does a pay site guarantee truthful reviews? Or could it turn out to be a double rip off?

To be so suspicious is no fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

I will happily pay. But does a pay site guarantee truthful reviews? Or could it turn out to be a double rip off?

To be so suspicious is no fun.

Reputable companies when your computer is at risk. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Download ccleaner and run it a few times. It is a bogus notice but can be caused by some malware or spyware that this program helps removing.

@THAIPHUKET even IF microsoft doesn't trust CCLEANER I'd still download and run it. So...

 

CCleaner

AdwCleaner

 

The message image you posted in your OP was likely just an unwanted POPUP ad that can be ignored, but running the two above scanners along with running your own virus scanner built into the Security Suite protection software installed on your PC should give you at least 98% confidence your system isn't infected with malware.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RichCor said:

@THAIPHUKET even IF microsoft doesn't trust CCLEANER I'd still download and run it. So...

 

CCleaner

AdwCleaner

 

The message image you posted in your OP was likely just an unwanted POPUP ad that can be ignored, but running the two above scanners along with running your own virus scanner built into the Security Suite protection software installed on your PC should give you at least 98% confidence your system isn't infected with malware.

No-one's mentioned it explicitly, but we're all assuming that the OP is running Windows 10 - continuing with that assumption, I've been using CCleaner for years - excellent utility. Microsoft doesn't trust what it can't make money from! It sees it as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it doesn't like its signature. "Train" CC to delete cookies that you want to delete and keep ones you want to keep - it's very powerful. Lots on here https://community.ccleaner.com/

 

IN ADDITION...... MalwareBytes  https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ Be sure to select the Free edition and don't be tempted into accepting the "upgrade" to the paid edition. It does the same thing but it does it automatically. With the free edition you just have to remember to update and run it from time to time.

 

And also....run Windows  Security alongside whatever A/V program you're already using  - switch "periodic scanning" on to get them to play together.

 

So mine with Norton Security (which I do pay for) looks like this:

 

image.png.9a9fc30ea9515e00413a5996188a415a.png

 

 

image.png.f79f8beb42d34fcb78646a1a09299a98.png

Edited by VBF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I\m back. I didn't do anything. But damn pop up is following me. It's overlapping the typing .

About to get paranoid, don#t trust any blocker, it might be just as bad

image.png.6f4a6b4a707eaa7ed0eb655ef76ced2e.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, rvaviator said:

There are some good youtube video about scams out if India - They have very good 'pop up' notices like that ... Looks like MS .. People who bite call a local number, which then is routed to India with a bunch of scammers who will try and take over you computer and do all sort of s*** to you.

Yup, watched this YT yesterday which gave me a good laugh. The biter bit!!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSP_0iLzTgk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

THE <deleted> IS GETTING PERSONAL

Something you recently installed also installed the popup

 

Have you run ccleaner and adwcleaner yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...