Fresh ‘Boss’ probe eyes cocaine charge, speeding calculations

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Well as someone else has pointed out. If the car was driving 170 Km/h and thee bike 70 Km/h, then the impact would be 100 Km/h. but I take it that you are an expert on this subject and know how the damage would look.

Since you avoided my question about the damage to the bike, I haven't seen any pictures, so I assume you have and can post or link to the source.

Well if the car was travelling at 170k and the bike at 70k that is a contact speed between the 2 of over 60 mph and the damage sustained by them does not suggest that .. 

Am I an expert ? Only if riding bikes for 45 yrs makes me one ..

Photo's you say .. you must have the internet to be on here so put it in your searcher " red bull hit and run " then select images .. there are numerous photo's of the them on there .. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

170k's is a 105 mph .. as badly damaged as the car was with the bike embedded in the front it's hard not to believe that if he'd been doing the 170k's the bike would've been totally destroyed and the car even more badly damaged .. 

The 76 km figure equates to 47 mph .. even though that was still over the speed limit it's probably more consistent with the damage to the car and bike .. there are or were a number of components within the car that might have provided a guide to the speed at impact one being the airbag ECU that registers the speed at time of the bag activation .. it's got all the hallmarks of him howling the car then seeing the bike looming up in front at a vast rate of knots with not enough time or distance to stop .. 

There is no way that sort of slow speed would inflict the kind of damages in those images. The guy was speeding while hopped up on coke. Who in their 'right mind' - much less an untouchable - in a lawless country driving a Ferrari after a night on the town would stick to the speed limit? lol

11 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

170k's is a 105 mph .. as badly damaged as the car was with the bike embedded in the front it's hard not to believe that if he'd been doing the 170k's the bike would've been totally destroyed and the car even more badly damaged .. 

The 76 km figure equates to 47 mph .. even though that was still over the speed limit it's probably more consistent with the damage to the car and bike .. there are or were a number of components within the car that might have provided a guide to the speed at impact one being the airbag ECU that registers the speed at time of the bag activation .. it's got all the hallmarks of him howling the car then seeing the bike looming up in front at a vast rate of knots with not enough time or distance to stop .. 

170k was the speed through a cctv camera point beforehand not at impact when he was breaking...... down to 70+. Obviously writing a report you can put a different slant on it!!! ????????????????

8 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

170k was the speed through a cctv camera point beforehand not at impact when he was breaking...... down to 70+. Obviously writing a report you can put a different slant on it!!! ????????????????

Precisely. He had time to panic brake but not to anywhere near zero. 

10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I don't over look the fact they were travelling in the same direction or make reference to the bike being stationary or moving .. I simply point out that the damage to the car and bike is not consistent with the car doing a speed of over 100mph as one expert claimed .. 

"I simply point out that the damage to the car and bike is not consistent with the car doing a speed of over 100mph"

Who are you to decide what is or isn't consistent in this case?

Do you have the qualifications, experience, the necessary knowledge to make such a statement?

I very much doubt it........ 

More than 170 kms per hour equals almost 3 kms per minute. Soi Thonglor is only about 2 kms long. If you were doing 170 right at the start of the soi you would be at the other end in about 40 seconds. I am no maths genius but something does not add up.

12 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Yes.  Sounds very reasonable actually.  

Was the motorbike moving at the time? this would have an effect on damage. Did they measure the skid marks? Standard procedure in UK. Was the road damp? What was the co-efficient of the road surface. I doubt whether they did a reliable reconstruction.

4 minutes ago, Trentham said:

More than 170 kms per hour equals almost 3 kms per minute. Soi Thonglor is only about 2 kms long. If you were doing 170 right at the start of the soi you would be at the other end in about 40 seconds. I am no maths genius but something does not add up.

Soi Thonglor is about 2.5 km long, and a Ferrari needs about 10 seconds from 0 to 170 Km/h

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

To my mind they are looking to find a couple of low-grade charges that they can convict him on. He can then return and be sentenced to (say) 6 months of home detention, and, poof, everybody is happy and normal operations can continue.

I suspect that there are two groups of those. One group trying to get them off with minimum charges and another group trying to hang him. Guess which group I belong to! Unfortunately my opinion won't count because I'm not one of the groups of experts vying for this particular interesting situation.

• Like 1

I wasn't at the scene of the accident and don't know anyone that was. My experience and credentials concerning motor vehicle accident investigation expired many years ago and wasn't issued in Thailand.

Arriving at any conclusion based on a news article and a photograph is questionable. I leave this mess for others better qualified to figure out.