Fresh ‘Boss’ probe eyes cocaine charge, speeding calculations

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Susco said:

No, sorry to break it for you, riding bikes for however many years you can think about, doesn't make you an accident reconstruction expert, neither do all those years in an armchair with a pc keyboard.

Miaow .. bit catty that ..

never mind eh ..

The angle of the bike exhaust ( white arrow ) indicates it has been clattered from behind .. look at the kink in the pipe and distortion of the silencer highlighted in green and yellow in bottom pic .. 

Damage to the front of the car above the Ferrari badge is indicative of that being the contact point with the bike exhaust in both height and distance from the vertical dent to its right which was contact area of the bikes rear wheel .. 

The bikes rear splash guard and plate is missing but the wheel is not buckled .. high speed impact from behind would almost certainly have buckled that ..

Some of the damage to the car may well have been added to after the collision .. the front edge of the car bonnet where the metal is forced up is more consistent with it being levered open after the crash ..

The rest of the damage to the bike like the nearside handle bar bent up , paint scrape on front mudguard , headlamp housing and the absent footpeg are more consistent with a low speed going down after the bike and rider separated .. you postulate the bike could've been travelling at 70 kmh with the car at 170 .. do you not think a bike hit from behind at a  speed of 100 kmh more that then becomes riderless would have not have suffered more damage .? leave aside the damage to the car does not support that .. 

I return to my original observation it has the hallmarks of the car being caned then seeing the rear of the bike looming up fast in front with not enough time or distance to stop before hitting it but not at high speed .. 

IMG_20200810_214839.jpg

IMG_20200810_215011.jpg

IMG_20200810_215044.jpg

IMG_20200810_214931.jpg

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

But, but, but.....I thought here in Thailand everyone who is worth more than say a million USD gets to either have a line of coke or a pipe-full of crack before they get their teeth cleaned and it's perfectly Ok because...well...different rules for the rich.  'Eh?

Average Somchai or expat Joe pops for cocaine and says that they were given it at a dentist's office - straight to court or jail.  Plus an investigation of the dentist...well, unless the dentist is worth more than say a million USD and/or is connected then..... ????
Wealthy, connected children of the mega-riche says that they were given coke at a dentist's office - top cops and prosecutors nod their heads up and down and agree that that's a great excuse.  "Of course!  Happens every day!"    Well, maybe for the mega-riche that is.  :dry:

I'll bet that this still is made to disappear one way or the other even if it means running up the statue of limitation or pleading to another charge that warrants nothing more than a fine and community service.  What's the SOL for using coke?  Or the penalty for that matter.  A fine and a hand-slap for those with mega-riche families?

A professional investigation would have started with an investigation and recording of the scene of the collision from several different angles, and an examination of damage to the road, nearby objects and skid marks as well as damage to the vehicles and the debris left as a result. The friction rating of the road surface would also have been measured. Witnesses would have been traced and interviewed.

A comprehensive report would have been submitted reconstructing the likely progress of the event from the first time either vehicle was viewed on CCTV through to the end of the event. This would include calculations of the route and minimum and maximum approach and collision speeds of the vehicles, the mechanical condition of each vehicle and an appraisal of what damage was caused and how and where it was caused. This could form the basis to judge whether either driver had any criminal liability for their actions and whether the evidence should be put before a court.

Has anyone heard of such a process happening before in Thailand? Many such experts are available in both the US and the UK and throughout Europe  to my knowledge.

• Like 1

Why are members  of thisd forum defending this  guy??   

So what  47  mph  still speeding   and the  bike  will  no  go backwards

The  part that is  hard to  see is  that  would 47 mph  drag  a  man 100  meters  under the  car 

A  fast   push bike can do 47  mph  down  hill

Why defend him has me  bewildered

Even  if  not  speeding  which he was   ......hid from behind  is an offence  

Drug  driving  is an offence

He killed that police man  if he  gets  away  with this  Thailand  will  be  dirt  all over the world  

The  country   will damage if  ever possible  chance of tourism One  Day  Forever 

Corruption  is  ripe  and  the  world  knows it  

who  would  want to visit  a country  like that 

Only  the  90%   low   income  people   they  are the ones that  suffer

The Rich are  too rich to care  

A completely independent, non partisan group of legal and forensic experts, without any affiliations or allegiances to the toxic army is required. Anything less is both an insult and a huge show of dispespect and dishonor to the policeman who was slain, and his family, not to mention the Thai people. 

Is Prayuth taking something pertaining to the massive corruption within the RTP seriously, for a change, or not? I vote not. 

Edited by spidermike007

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A completely independent, non partisan group of legal and forensic experts, without any affiliations or allegiances to the toxic army is required. Anything less is both an insult and a huge show of dispespect and dishonor to the policeman who was slain, and his family, not to mention the Thai people. 

Is Prayuth taking something important seriously for a change, or not? 

Mike, you know as well as me, after living in Thailand for any length of time, as soon as you read the word 'independent' you simply roll your eyes and say, 'yeah right!'

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, pomchop said:

try and imagine a farang driving way over speed limit in a super expensive car, hopped up on coke and/or booze,  killing and dragging a cop, then denying everything and fleeing the country....then having all charges covered up , dropped, reduced, forgiven?   yes it is hard to imagine isn't it?

Not if these farangs are members of the centi-billionaire gang ????

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The panel questioned doctors about a drugs test taken by Vorayuth soon after the 2012 accident that indicated he had taken cocaine but was not included in the original case file. 

Yeah let’s just skip the fact he was off his head as it’s not important is it ! ????
Plus this is all a bit late as they decided he couldn’t be charged due to time expiring on the charges , so even if they bring new charges what would be the point as he’s not going to come to Thailand to face them ! They couldn’t even get him last time with an Interpol red notice so not a hope they would get him for new charges !

Edited by ronaldo0
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/TCs0JEoP3jqxdQnrS01cXQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/autoblog_50/c51363b25db61352b8af49874bcb063f

OK here's one I found.

A slightly different question:

Did the Ferrari hit something else after the collision with the motorbike?

From the photo above, why does it look to me as if there's substantially more damage to the car than to the bike?

Probably where the bike turned sideways after being hit . These cars panels are usually very light built around a better than normal chassis so that the panels absorb any impact and crumple reducing impact on the main driver area . I though the policeman was dragged by the car ? but the windscreen has an impact area where a person has hit it by the look of it and quite a deep indent so it would need a high force to make it that deep I would think .

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

do you not think a bike hit from behind at a  speed of 100 kmh more that then becomes riderless would have not have suffered more damage .? leave aside the damage to the car does not support that .. 

As was pointed out in a previous post already, he was driving at about 170km/h before the impact occured, based on calculations from a CCTV recording. He might have noticed the rider and hit the brakes before hitting him, thus reducing his speed at the time of impact. So maybe the impact did indeed only occur with 70km/h into a motorbike going 50km/h (or whatever, just random numbers), but he was still recklessly driving at 170km/h.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

176km is hard to fathom and odd he can still be charged for a controlled substance as he was not caught behind the wheel. I too think slower and maybe 100km would inflict that sort of damage. The kid should face some sort of piper but within reason. 

Gotta ask, what "within reason"? The kid was drugged and speeding and killed someone in a way that I just cannot fathom happening to myself being dragged to death under a speeding car. How about you? What "within reason"???

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Was the motorbike moving at the time? this would have an effect on damage. Did they measure the skid marks? Standard procedure in UK. Was the road damp? What was the co-efficient of the road surface. I doubt whether they did a reliable reconstruction.

Why ask, all that was needed was the onboard management computer to answer all questions. 

Good  point   about the  windscreen  yes seems  a  body  hit that  from the  impact off the  bike  

Perhaps  the  Cocain  drug   made  the Boss a  little  strange  and  drove  backwards  over the  driver  to make sure  no witnesses 

Or   did he  stop  let the poor  guy  hit the  road  then drive forward?

Surely  evidence  under the car  would confirm this ?  But  that  windscreen is  confusing ?

MMMMMMMMMMMM    Do not think  we will ever  know the   real  truth about this   case  

Money  controls the  outcome   not the  law  or justice  in Thailand 

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile the panel will recommend that Vorayuth be prosecuted on a drugs charge as there was sufficient evidence he had used cocaine

using and/or dealing, manslaughter/homicide/reckless driving/speeding/hit and run, failed to attend the police station for questioning and flew the country to escape prosecution, they can pick and chose.... they keep mention he dragged the body for ""some distance"" but I couldn't find how far is the ""some distance"", based on that it wouldn't be difficult to calculate the speed at time of impact

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Surely you've missed the point here. Who own Ferrari Thailand?

The Red Bull family.

No argument from me, in any civilised law abiding country, the vehicle would have  been impounded and the monitoring system impartially analysed, but TIT - no need to say anymore. 

• Like 1