More migrants cross Channel to Britain as political tension rises

snoop1130

6 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It's a reflection on the cruelty of humanity that such situations occur in the first place. Refugees, migrants are escaping the turmoil and hatred in their country - instead of berating officialdom and blaming these people, you should be thanking God that it's not affecting you - yet. That is, until China makes a bid for global domination by continuing subversive means against Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, and which will involve the USA. 

France is a safe country. Migrants are looking for the biggest welfare pot they can get at. They use Britain leaving EU which will make it impossible to be returned to EU country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Don't you think that it morally wrong to allow children and pregnant women to set sail in a rubber dinghy into one of the most busiest shipping lanes in the world, at best it is totally irresponsible and whilst these people are in France they are responsible of the French authorities. It seems to me that by ignoring the fact that these people are in extreme danger the French are being less than humanitarian. And I'm sure that if the cargo was drugs they would soon find a way to stop the dinghy, but we are not talking drugs, we are talking about the safety of our fellow humans. The immigrants themselves have proven they don't take their own safety seriously enough, they need protecting from themselves, especially the most vunerable of the 'passengers'.

sure, no problem agreeing generally with what you say,

what you  and others in UK want is to have these dinghy trips stopped before they leave French shores

a general guiding principle in Europe is that if its not forbidden its legal (and not the other way around)

there are no laws against dinghy trips, not for me, not for you, not for pregnant females

there are no laws against low morale

there are no laws against low ethics

there are for sure no laws against doing very stupid things

there are no laws against embarking on risky undertakings, big or small stomach

there are no laws against being careless with one's own safety

in many countries there are some laws around with the aim to protect people from themselves,

forced medical treatment

being in mental hospital against one's will

safe guarding the person's assets

etc

but not against farting around in plimzollers

Good mouning, allo allo, I don't like what you are doing. You must stop!

Could of course be tried.

Overloading is probably a factor in this that can be used as a stopper.

So, people/boat should be reduced to what is legal, there goes that stopper

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

sure, no problem agreeing generally with what you say,

what you  and others in UK want is to have these dinghy trips stopped before they leave French shores

a general guiding principle in Europe is that if its not forbidden its legal (and not the other way around)

there are no laws against dinghy trips, not for me, not for you, not for pregnant females

there are no laws against low morale

there are no laws against low ethics

there are for sure no laws against doing very stupid things

there are no laws against embarking on risky undertakings, big or small stomach

there are no laws against being careless with one's own safety

in many countries there are some laws around with the aim to protect people from themselves,

forced medical treatment

being in mental hospital against one's will

safe guarding the person's assets

etc

but not against farting around in plimzollers

Good mouning, allo allo, I don't like what you are doing. You must stop!

Could of course be tried.

Overloading is probably a factor in this that can be used as a stopper.

So, people/boat should be reduced to what is legal, there goes that stopper

We all have a moral responsibility to our fellow man, "if you see your brother standing by the road, with a heavy load from the seeds he sowed, and you see your sister falling by the way, just stop and say you're going the wrong way," try a little kindness, it will overcome your blindness.????

Edited by vogie
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

We all have a moral responsibility to our fellow man, "if you see your brother standing by the road, with a heavy load from the seeds he sowed, and you see your sister falling by the way, just stop and say you're going the wrong way," try a little kindness, it will overcome your blindness.????

And you probably think these migrants will duly appreciate your kindness (and I'm beeing polite..)  the only people they feel grateful to are the smugglers who take them to destination and that's what they pay the high fare for, at least they help them achieve their dream, most of them made it accross the Mediterranee already, so the Channel..     

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm a white English speaking Christian, my fellow man/brother is also a white English speaking Christian.

Everyone else can rot in hell.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

And you probably think these migrants will duly appreciate your kindness (and I'm beeing polite..)  the only people they feel grateful to are the smugglers who take them to destination and that's what they pay the high fare for, at least they help them achieve their dream, most of them made it accross the Mediterranee already, so the Channel..     

I agree. ????

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

fair enough,

but look at what you are up to;

practical handling of refugees/migrants/paperless/criminals/benefitters, all sorts congregate on the shores of France

not much kindness (but plenty of blindness) to be found in Europe today when it comes to the handling

look at Turkey/Greece/Italy and what they have to deal with, virtually alone

I don't think it can be expected that France will act in a different way,

they are probably more than happy if the guys nip across the channel

anyway, soon hah pm, I'm off to me off licence,

with all this channel talk today I have a hard time deciding if I should vessel or vehicle . . .

• Haha 1

There's definitely a pull factor; don't quite know why, maybe someone can explain it to me. I lived in France for 3 months, lovely country, and relatively cheap. Very stratified though. I suppose most of these migrants ultimate dream is to get to the US. Just because you're fleeing terror doesn't mean you give up your aspirations. Having said that, the economic migrants swamp the genuine ones, devalue them, and, like, muddy the waters. What I can say is that the one genuine refugee I've known in my life was a cool guy. Certainly, adding more than he takes away. 

NOT from the guardian ????????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/11/migrant-news-channel-crossing-lockdown-quarantine-brexit-latest

Live

Politics latest news: Migrant crisis reveals 'hollowness' of Brexit rhetoric, former National Security Adviser says

The migrant crossing crisis is showing up "the hollowness of the rhetoric of 'Taking Back Control'", a former ambassador to France and National Security Adviser has said. 

more...

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

that is not the point

which legal instruments to be used to enforce "stop"?

you claim that  France should stop this because it ain't good for a pregnant woman to travel in a rubber dinghy

and the legal authority to do this is taken from ???

How about the 'nanny state' ???? ...  No pregnant women is allowed to embark on a inflatable boat of size less than ......  Unless a special certificate of exception has been issued by the relevant maritime authority ...

https://news.sky.com/story/migrants-cheer-uk-as-several-boats-cross-english-channel-in-one-morning-12046971

Tuesday 11 August 2020 13:44, UK

Migrants cheer 'UK' as several boats cross English Channel in one morning 

Sky News correspondent Ali Fortescue describes an "extraordinary morning" as she encounters Sudanese and Iranian migrants.

Sky News has witnessed several boats of migrants crossing the English Channel in one morning, with a group cheering "UK" as they headed towards Britain.

In what she described as "quite an extraordinary morning" on the English Channel, Sky News correspondent Ali Fortescue encountered four boats of migrants attempting a crossing.

more .....

(including video them on sea channel by Sky news.. looks like the "channel crossings" feel welcomed ???? )

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Under EU rules, they should stay in the country in which they arrived. That fell through when the Germans asked the question about quotas and accepted boat loads from Italy and Greece.

The UK is no longer in the EU. The EU and the project fear people stated the UK will become a failed state. So why are the illegal immigrants still taking such huge risks? Maybe they know something the EU don't?

Let's be straight here. No country wants them, they get pushed from pillar to post. Anywhere is better than where they came from. That's the issue. Better than where they came from. Stay, make things better. That doesn't work though, does it? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Shame on the French. Where are our "friends and partners" in the EU to stop this when we need them? The same rock they crawled under when Italy was going through the C19 crisis I guess. All mouth and no trousers, the type of "friend" that goes missing exactly when you need them.

Priti Patel needs to tow these illegals back out from whence they came, point them towards Calais and release the catapult. Unfortunately all the hand wringing self loathing liberals would shout 'racism" or something, despite the fact that these are illegal immigrants coming from a perfectly safe country, not refugees.

Should have holed the first few of those boats as soon as they entered UK waters years ago, preferably in mid-winter.

Word would have gone back even if the illegals didn't!

Enjoy, Great Britain! Keep poo-pooing the Orange Man rather than asking yourself the simple question, "Is our current immigration policy what is actually good for Britain?" Do the people who support such immigration policies really have the interest of Great Britain in mind? I think not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It's a reflection on the cruelty of humanity that such situations occur in the first place. Refugees, migrants are escaping the turmoil and hatred in their country - instead of berating officialdom and blaming these people, you should be thanking God that it's not affecting you - yet. That is, until China makes a bid for global domination by continuing subversive means against Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, and which will involve the USA. 

"and which will involve the USA." I've said this on this forum a dozen times. Why is it only the responsibility of the US--the most often criticized country on this forum, BTW--to resist China? Don't you Brits and Euros think that it is also YOUR responsibility? But that might adversely affect your economies. So you let America bear the burden, while becoming arm-chair experts on everything that is wrong with the USA. It's laughable. Britain and Europe have relegated themselves to complete non-entities. Nobody cares about you. Nobody fears or respects you, least of all China.

7 hours ago, david555 said:

Migrants cheer 'UK' as several boats cross English Channel in one morning 

Sky News correspondent Ali Fortescue describes an "extraordinary morning" as she encounters Sudanese and Iranian migrants.

I'll bet they're cheering.

Sky News being total knobs as usual.  UK Border Force facilitating the importation of these immigrants by picking them up in the channel.  We've no idea of the identity or intentions of those landing but it doesn't appear to matter.  

The three guys that died in a Reading park stabbing attack back in June provides an outlook of what we can come to expect of some of our newly imported friends and has been a common occurrence for years but still we tolerate it.    

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OZinPattaya said:

"and which will involve the USA." I've said this on this forum a dozen times. Why is it only the responsibility of the US--the most often criticized country on this forum, BTW--to resist China? Don't you Brits and Euros think that it is also YOUR responsibility? But that might adversely affect your economies. So you let America bear the burden, while becoming arm-chair experts on everything that is wrong with the USA. It's laughable. Britain and Europe have relegated themselves to complete non-entities. Nobody cares about you. Nobody fears or respects you, least of all China.

Didn’t you just answer your own question?!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Good grief.

Farage and the news crews stand on beaches as if its the Nazi war machine on the other side of the channel.

Think this squirrel has been flogged to death.

And why not, some folk care about their country and the invasion of folk who don't belong there....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/20/eu-rejects-british-plan-for-post-brexit-return-of-asylum-seekers

Jennifer Rankin in Brussels
Published on Thu 20 Aug 2020 12.33 BST

EU rejects British plan for post-Brexit return of asylum seekers
UK set to lose right to transfer refugees to other EU countries under Dublin regulation

EU negotiators have rejected a British request for a migration pact that would allow the government to return asylum seekers to other European countries.

When the Brexit transition period expires on 31 December, the government will lose the right to transfer refugees and migrants to the EU country in which they arrived, a cornerstone of the European asylum system known as the Dublin regulation.

The government is seeking to replicate the European system outside the bloc, although the Home Office has complained that the EU rules are “rigid, inflexible and abused by migrants and activist lawyers”.
The Guardian has learned that EU member states have ruled out a British plan to recreate the Dublin system outside the EU.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:57 PM, OZinPattaya said:

Lol! Who is stupid enough to follow the current moron POTUS?

Let's talk about it next year after the US (hopefully) have a decent President.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/20/eu-rejects-british-plan-for-post-brexit-return-of-asylum-seekers

Jennifer Rankin in Brussels
Published on Thu 20 Aug 2020 12.33 BST

EU rejects British plan for post-Brexit return of asylum seekers
UK set to lose right to transfer refugees to other EU countries under Dublin regulation

EU negotiators have rejected a British request for a migration pact that would allow the government to return asylum seekers to other European countries.

When the Brexit transition period expires on 31 December, the government will lose the right to transfer refugees and migrants to the EU country in which they arrived, a cornerstone of the European asylum system known as the Dublin regulation.

The government is seeking to replicate the European system outside the bloc, although the Home Office has complained that the EU rules are “rigid, inflexible and abused by migrants and activist lawyers”.
The Guardian has learned that EU member states have ruled out a British plan to recreate the Dublin system outside the EU.

if that is the way it will end up, as you're EU negos want;

then UKs answer will be very important for the image of UK,

Will UK go Australia/Banana republic way,

will UK go soft

or what ?

On 8/11/2020 at 12:21 AM, snoop1130 said:

British border agents brought ashore migrants in the port of Dover on Monday after picking them up from an inflatable boat as they crossed the Channel, the latest in a surge of crossings that is causing political tensions with France.

Why are they providing a taxi service to Britain? Why are they not towing them back to French waters? I get they can't actually enter French territory, but they don't have to assist them get to their desired destination.

47 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

if that is the way it will end up, as you're EU negos want;

then UKs answer will be very important for the image of UK,

Will UK go Australia/Banana republic way,

will UK go soft

or what ?

The Australian way works and saves lives. What's wrong with that?