More migrants cross Channel to Britain as political tension rises

snoop1130

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-child-asylum-seekers-adult-age-test-migrants-refugee-crisis-a7464081.html

Note when applying the medical criteria for determining age the Danish authorities had a deliberate policy of erring towards classifying as a child in cases where there was uncertainty, but it still came out at 3/4.

The explanation published to try and refute the medical; findings 'Humanitarian group says many young people don't know how old they really are'

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sirocco said:

LOINER,

They cost me quite a bit, so I leave you the honor of bringing them back to their countries.

Aww, come on I'm sure if you can dig a bit deeper you'll find it in your heart, and pockets, to help them home. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

There's no such thing as unaccompanied child migrants. If really under 18 they are runaways, who should be returned to mum and dad. Or they are liars, who must be immediately repatriated without question.

You posting opinion as fact, again a common occurrence with member of your posting history accusing all asylum seekers as the 'same'. Within this topic I posted HMG stats for asylum seekers which I have reposted below - do your homework on children granted visas upon completion of assessment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-june-2019/how-many-people-do-we-grant-asylum-or-protection-to

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You are posting government figures as fact. Those two are definitely not the same, especially when it comes to immigration. You another twisted argument too: I stated unaccompanied child migrants, which you changed to all asylum seekers. 

Done my homework sir! I found they are still letting in gimmigrants of all categories. When the government figures are down to a big fat zero, will it be acceptable. Only then can we start to rescind the asylum or protection grants of the past twenty years or more.

That additional 5,993 Family reunion visas were issued to partners and children of those previously granted asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK is the most telling. Is that why they are sending all those young men? 

You are posting government figures as fact.

Correct, unless you can empirically prove otherwise, your opinion counts for nothing, same with your conjectures.

I stated unaccompanied child migrants, which you changed to all asylum seekers. 

Did I? think you're misrepresenting my observation. However, until they are assessed otherwise, unaccompanied child asylum seekers are exactly that.

I'm over responding to your opinions, so carry on your @#$% with your fellow travellers - bye

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, evadgib said:

??

The journey from Iran to UK involves multiple borders & water crossings and takes the board back several pages in a never ending game of snakes-and-ladders. I appreciate your answer but i'm not having it. Genuine applicants arrive via the front door; Turning up unannounced & misbehaving upon arrival is completely unacceptable and should be met with zero tollerance.

tell me how genuine applicants can turn up at the 'front door' in the UK. In addition, you are again ignoring HMG enacted law.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Embrace them all with open, caring, loving arms. Provide them with nice apartments, food, clothes, education, medical care for at least 12 mil of em and then you can begin to understand the USA's plight with illegals.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Of course, those are the facts. Your facts are probably different, also called alternative facts.

Government figures come and go. Sometimes we know they are nowhere near the truth. Sometimes they even admit to getting them wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Embrace them all with open, caring, loving arms. Provide them with nice apartments, food, clothes, education, medical care... 

I believe not really the choice of the majority of the people. 

But from the government it is.  However some are convinced government will change their way of doing soon.   We will have to wait a little longer to know what the new priorities of the U.K. government will be. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Government figures come and go. Sometimes we know they are nowhere near the truth. Sometimes they even admit to getting them wrong.

I refer to government figures as correct when they suit me. 

I am convinced many are like me.