BANGKOK
BananaBandit

if you don't have 400k on hand

Posted (edited)

My main pot of gold is in my hometown bank, half a world away  (I have no online account with that particular bank.)

Anyway, what kind of agent can help me get a marriage visa (or whatever the technical term is) without having access to 400k ?

How much do such services cost?   (I assume the service fee would be a recurring yearly one, no?)

Oh...and must pay how much extra for obtaining the one-year marriage-based extension without having to leave the country?

Edited by BananaBandit
italics needed

There's a agent with an office inside the old Victoria pub in pattaya. 

The fee was  around 23k a few years back, when the funds didn't have to be in the bank for months. 

I don't know what the situation is now, but as visa agents go, this one was very proficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Removed a troll post.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, it's not that simple. Plenty of people use agents either because they don't wish to keep the 800K (or 400K) in a Thai bank, orthey don't have the funds. Whether you agree with it or not, it's still an option AFAIK. How much does it cost, I see people quoting as low as 15K.

Prices seem to have doubled recently 

4 minutes ago, trucking said:

If it is your first ever extension based on marriage you don't need 400,000 in the bank here.

You need to show at least two ( three better ) monthly transfers into your Thai bank of 40,000 each. These should be transfered on the same day of the month each time ( or close). 

Also it is vital that when the cash enters your Thai bank it shows as an international transfer with the correct code in your bank book. If you use Transfer Wise for this transfer there is a special option given in its list of reasons to transfer that ensures this will happen.

It isn't his first extension.

"obtaining the one-year marriage-based extension without having to leave the country?"

Why should he transfer 2 times 40,000 Baht when he has the whole 400,000 Baht in his oversea bank account but can't access it online?

Reading carefully can go a long way.

• Like 1

Thanks trucking, I did transfer 45k on the 26th July and will do the same on 26th aug. I will then go for the extension. My concern is that it is personal funds and not pension or wages, which i think they need proof. One thing is though, it shows as international transfer on statement which is in my favor. This is plan a, then I have a week to apply for Ed visa, which is plan b, then I will go on overstay upto 90 days or until the border opens.

2 minutes ago, Barney13 said:

Thanks trucking, I did transfer 45k on the 26th July and will do the same on 26th aug. I will then go for the extension. My concern is that it is personal funds and not pension or wages, which i think they need proof. One thing is though, it shows as international transfer on statement which is in my favor. This is plan a, then I have a week to apply for Ed visa, which is plan b, then I will go on overstay upto 90 days or until the border opens.

At least your creating a plan that could work. Banana Bandit let it slip away.

• Like 1