if you don't have 400k on hand

11 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I’m just hoping that local immigration office gives me the 60 day extension which will just about give the 60 day seasoning for the 400k which I’m busy finding atm, hoping to get it into the bank middle next month 

Why don't you enquire about your options at your local IO?

If they confirm that they will accept your application for the 60-day extension of stay while on the Amnbesty, and then also confirm that you can use that 'valid' permission to stay for your 1-year extension of stay application, you would have nothing to worry about anymore.

If on the other hand they would not accept either your 60-day extension of stay or your 1-year extension of stay based on that 60-day permission to stay, you could start a search for a more accomodating IO in a different province  (or alternatively look for a fixer agent to circumvent the problems your local IO is making).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

She is a good agent, though overpriced. You can use the service at Chonburi Immigration if you only need an extension. 14 thousand baht. Still overpriced compared to the "statutory declaration" days.

You call that overpriced lol......I was quoted 40,000-50,000 bht from couple of reputable agents in Pattaya about marriage extensions. 14k is in the ball park for retirement visa extension via agent, NOT marriage.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Why don't you enquire about your options at your local IO?

If they confirm that they will accept your application for the 60-day extension of stay while on the Amnbesty, and then also confirm that you can use that 'valid' permission to stay for your 1-year extension of stay application, you would have nothing to worry about anymore.

If on the other hand they would not accept either your 60-day extension of stay or your 1-year extension of stay based on that 60-day permission to stay, you could start a search for a more accomodating IO in a different province  (or alternatively look for a fixer agent to circumvent the problems your local IO is making).

Yep, you’re right. Going to get down to the office this week. Will also have to pay the fine for the TM30 thing as I’ve never done it. Don’t know what the max fine is.... interesting times

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Yep, you’re right. Going to get down to the office this week. Will also have to pay the fine for the TM30 thing as I’ve never done it. Don’t know what the max fine is.... interesting times

I have also never done the TM30 thing as when I went to my local IO last month about my visa. They never said anything about any TM30 or 90 day report as Im on a Non O visa so i wouldn't bring it up if they don't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

I have also never done the TM30 thing as when I went to my local IO last month about my visa. They never said anything about any TM30 or 90 day report as Im on a Non O visa so i wouldn't bring it up if they don't.

I’m fishing for info for what the maximum fine is if they do pull me up on it, and I have a feeling they will, they’re known for it round here 

I did my marriage extension today for the second year in a row based on provable pension income. I don't have the 400,000 baht in the bank but could prove the income. I did however have to submit 12 months bank statements from the BKK Bank.

This was at Khampaeng Phet were this mornng I was the only customer along with my wife. I find all the staff there are friendly and helpful and even though I missed a couple of documents and a photograph, she filed the report and gave me the 30 days waiting time. We sorted what was missing at home and my wife posted the paperwork to them this afternoon.

2 copies. 1 for KPP and the other for Chiang Mai region 5.

The paperwork is/was a PITA this time as my computer died a month ago and it took a couple of weeks to be told that it cannot be fixed, so I had to buy another. Fortunately I back up my files to an external hard drive and only lost a couple of days stuff.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

So let's say you have over 400k in the bank and you had it there years. Let's say you are on the birth certificate but nothing else and your on amnesty and you used all your 90 + 60 non O visa and extensions already and your staring down the barrel at the amnesty expiration date of 26/9.

Do you think they could be lenient and give me a non O based on what we got?

I am a handsome chap too if that helps and I have nice aftershave I could wear.

Would it be taken lightly if I rocked up with a load of cakes for the immi staff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Prices seem to have doubled recently 

Looks like the agents are reading the TVF forums and seeing a lot of people claiming to spend 100k+ per month ????

If the OP doesn't have online access to his bank but has a debit card from it, he can go to a bank branch and withdraw over the counter, the bank would give paper proof that the money were withdrawn from overseas. Depending on the card limit 400k can be pulled out in a week.

17 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, it's not that simple. Plenty of people use agents either because they don't wish to keep the 800K (or 400K) in a Thai bank, or they don't have the funds. Whether you agree with it or not, it's still an option AFAIK. How much does it cost, I see people quoting as low as 15K.

It is illegal, probably, but certainly morally reprehensible as it feeds the corrupt system that keeps this nation in the sorry state it is in. Partaking in the Graftocracy is showing disrespect to the Thai people.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Hi Lemonjelly,

I did sent you a step-by-step instruction on how to register the place you are staying on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to do your TM30s on-line (as well as those of any foreign guests you invite at your place.  The affirmation of your TM30 registration will take between 5 minutes and 5 workdays, so normally should be done and dusted before your trip to IO next week.

Do keep us posted on the outcome of that visit (I am collecting case-reports of applications at different IOs during the Amnesty, the outcome of which show no consistency at all but useful from a potential temporary/administrative relocation perspective).

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

Looks like the agents are reading the TVF forums and seeing a lot of people claiming to spend 100k+ per month ????

If the OP doesn't have online access to his bank but has a debit card from it, he can go to a bank branch and withdraw over the counter, the bank would give paper proof that the money were withdrawn from overseas. Depending on the card limit 400k can be pulled out in a week.

It's called supply and demand. As the deadline approaches more desperation will set in with higher prices. Remember a few months ago the 90 bouncers and getting new visas yearly were laughing and saying they beat the system (money in the bank) and that those that followed the prescribed way were fools. Well it doesn't look like it will work out that way. At least it's not a sure thing. 

Those on flaky ED visa for Maui Thai or so language schools are in a similar situation. Many were only fronts for a visa and require little or no actual on site learning. Only those studying at a Thai University will be safe.  

Some say they have the money so it's time to pay up. Others that don't have hard choices to make.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nightfox said:

That's indeed correct. Many IOs don't enforce TM30 notification anymore, although it is still required by thai law that the housemaster or possessor of a place where a foreigner is staying, has to notify his local IO within 24 hours of the arrival of such foreigner.

And several IOs still require that a TM30 has been filed when a foreigner applies for a service that requires his address (e.g. an extension of stay or residence certificate).

Obviously it is also required when relocating (some IOs still use the TM27 for that purpose but at most IOs a TM30 is sufficient).

12 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

A TM30 form is no longer needed unless you change your registered address that immigration has. That has been the rule since June 30th when a new immigration went into effect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I did sent you a step-by-step instruction on how to register the place you are staying on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to do your TM30s on-line (as well as those of any foreign guests you invite at your place. 

Why go through the effort to do that since a TM30 report is not longer required unless you change your registered address that immigration has. Many people will never need to do a TM 30 report now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’m fishing for info for what the maximum fine is if they do pull me up on it, and I have a feeling they will, they’re known for it round here 

At those IOs where they still enforce TM30 compliance, a foreigner reporting there for a service where that IO requires such TM30 (e.g. an extension of stay or a residence certificate) can have it filed on the spot (if he brings the required documents, i.e. copy of house-book and signed front/back copy of the ID-card of the 'owner').  The fine for the foreigner will be between 850 and 1500 THB (lol, you being fined for the owner/possessor of the place failing to have notified IO).

Also the owner/possessor of the place where the foreigner is residing can be fined for not having reported such foreigner and fine will be 2.000 THB per day with a maximum of 10,000 THB.

3 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

So let's say you have over 400k in the bank and you had it there years. Let's say you are on the birth certificate but nothing else and your on amnesty and you used all your 90 + 60 non O visa and extensions already and your staring down the barrel at the amnesty expiration date of 26/9.

Would it be taken lightly if I rocked up with a load of cakes for the immi staff?

It depends on your IO, so better enquire there about your options instead of having to worry and maybe your 1-year extension of stay application being refused when applying during the last days of the Amnesty.

To provide a positive note, attached below a somewhat similar case from an applicant at Kanchanaburi IO.

I paid my local Immigration Office, Kanchanaburi, a visit yesterday.
My Non-o multi entry(married to a Thai) expired on June 5th.. My last entry on it was 3rd March with an admitted until 31st May date and I have not used my 60 day extension yet.
I transferred 400k bht last week and Immi advised me to get a 60 day extension early in Sept to avoid any crowding. It will be dated from 27th Sept so good until the last week of November when I'll apply from an annual extension based on marriage.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1175928-application-for-60-day-extension-on-multi-entry-non-o-effective-26th-september/?do=findComment&comment=15684623

The important part here being that IO was willing to accept his 1-year extension of stay application even while applicant was on the Amnesty.  But as his 400K was not seasoned yet for the required two months, the IO suggested him to apply for the 60-day extension first in order to 'buy time'.

That won't be necessary in your case as your 400K will be seasoned long enough at date of application (and when applying for reason of dependant child there is actually no seasoning requirement, just showing that the 400K are on your bank-account at the moment of application).

Re your application in person > Obviously it helps when you show respect by being properly dressed (smart casual will do fine, no suit and tie) and groomed.

Being polite and having your application well-prepared will also go a long way.

Providing some cakes (no money!) to officer handling your case and rest of office staff AFTER successful application will buy you some credit for your NEXT application.

Cheers and success!

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

At those IOs where they still enforce TM30 compliance, a foreigner reporting there for a service where that IO requires such TM30 (e.g. an extension of stay or a residence certificate) can have it filed on the spot (if he brings the required documents, i.e. copy of house-book and signed front/back copy of the ID-card of the 'owner').  The fine for the foreigner will be between 850 and 1500 THB (lol, you being fined for the owner/possessor of the place failing to have notified IO).

Also the owner/possessor of the place where the foreigner is residing can be fined for not having reported such foreigner and fine will be 2.000 THB per day with a maximum of 10,000 THB.

When you renew your extension they check if there is a TM30 on file (in computer) however you don't need to re-submit the TM30 if you return to the same address. We have a new office and the TM30 didn't show up from the previous office. I had a copy of what I sent and the girls submitted it into the system, (March 2020).

The TM 30 in the system can be several years old.

4 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

How old is your Thai child? If 7 years old (6 at some Amphoes) the legitimization of your parenthood can be done at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 11 that immigration requires.

That is your only option unless you register your marriage to their mother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

There is no need to prove the foreign origins nor the source of the funds when using the funds-in-bank method.  Only need to show that the 400K were seasoned for TWO months before the date of application when applying for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage to a thai national.  When applying for reason of dependant child there isn't even any seasoning requirement of the funds.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why go through the effort to do that since a TM30 report is not longer required unless you change your registered address that immigration has. Many people will never need to do a TM 30 report now.

Hi UJ,

See my post #50.

Yes, fully aware that according to new TM30 regulation your TM30 notification needs to be done only once at the place where you are residing (so that IO has your data) and it stays valid as long as the foreigner does not re-enter on a new Visa, or relocates to another place.

Those that entered Thailand on a short-stay Visa (including those with a 90-day permission to stay provided when entering on their ME Non Imm O Visa) and now applying for the first extension of stay from their Visa on which they entered Thailand, might be asked for it by the local IO where applying.

> But I stand to be corrected, if the above is not correct.

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Those that entered Thailand on a short-stay Visa (including those with a 90-day permission to stay provided when entering on their ME Non Imm O Visa) and now applying for the first extension of stay from their Visa on which they entered Thailand, might be asked for it by the local IO where applying.

Only if a TM 30 form had never been submitted for the address where they are staying when the application done.

My point is mostly is why go through all the trouble of doing the online registration for a one off report that may not even be required.

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, it's not that simple. Plenty of people use agents either because they don't wish to keep the 800K (or 400K) in a Thai bank, orthey don't have the funds. Whether you agree with it or not, it's still an option AFAIK. How much does it cost, I see people quoting as low as 15K.

The OP is asking for a marriage extension, perhaps he is not old enough for a retirement one. Most agency assisted ones are retirement, as they do not have to go to Bangkok for approval, and the requirements are simpler. Personally I have not seen the price for an agent supplied marriage extension, but would expect, if possible, to be more expensive than retirement. 

12 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

At several offices 1600 baht max fine. Some just wants 800 baht. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have been away and comes back to the last reported address, is not same as never have done a report. Understand? Try to apply for a Resident Certificate at immigration without a TM30 report done. 

5 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

My office say leave Thailand and get new visa then we can give the extension because visa has expired.A pity we can't just get some leniency.