if you don't have 400k on hand

15 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Providing some cakes (no money!) to officer handling your case and rest of office staff AFTER successful application will buy you some credit for your NEXT application.

And giving a custard pie to the relevant official will make you feel better should your application not prove successful.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you have been away and comes back to the last reported address, is not same as never have done a report. Understand? Try to apply for a Resident Certificate at immigration without a TM30 report done. 

As I wrote before they changed the regulation in June or did you not read any of the previous posts.

If a person stays in a hotel and etc that does a report a new TM30 is not required now.

On 8/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, Malawi said:

If you don't qualify. You don't qualify. Simple as that.

The guy didnt say he doesnt quailfy he simply has a problem with funds theres a big difference.

Thanks for your helpful comment.

With people like you on the site who needs enemies.

• Confused 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, Pilotman said:

I'm sure that you can find an agent that says they can do it for you, at a price, probably in the range 30K to 40K,  although how this works in regards to the documentation, which is considerable, and home visits etc I have no idea.  Retirement visa is a lot easier to obtain.   However, whatever you will get will have been obtained illegally and has considerable risks attached, as we have seen only last week in the local press.  Your call. 

Local story as reported was wrong and reported as such 3 days later... well if you read between the government issued lines.

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

It is illegal, probably, but certainly morally reprehensible as it feeds the corrupt system that keeps this nation in the sorry state it is in. Partaking in the Graftocracy is showing disrespect to the Thai people.

Corruption and bribes are part of the Thai culture, so hardly showing disrespect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if a TM 30 form had never been submitted for the address where they are staying when the application done.

My point is mostly is why go through all the trouble of doing the online registration for a one off report that may not even be required.

Fair point, and surely if you are renting there would be little need to do it.

11 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’m fishing for info for what the maximum fine is if they do pull me up on it, and I have a feeling they will, they’re known for it round here 

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, Pilotman said:

I'm sure that you can find an agent that says they can do it for you, at a price, probably in the range 30K to 40K,  although how this works in regards to the documentation, which is considerable, and home visits etc I have no idea.  Retirement visa is a lot easier to obtain.   However, whatever you will get will have been obtained illegally and has considerable risks attached, as we have seen only last week in the local press.  Your call. 

Not necessarily illegal. Immigration chiefs have the ability to wave the requirements at their discretion. This is the service agents provide as both the agent and the immigration chief benefit from this as well as the person paying for the service. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

Not necessarily illegal. Immigration chiefs have the ability to wave the requirements at their discretion. This is the service agents provide as both the agent and the immigration chief benefit from this as well as the person paying for the service. 

It isn't illegal as long as the "chiefs" exercise their discretion free of charge, in accordance with the nation's humanitariannto  values. If they take money for it, it becomes totally reprehensible, just as is taking any part in such illicit deal.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

The way agents hide in the dark is really strange it's as if it is not legal and if it is not legal how come this place is awash with talk and if it's not illegal what's the cloak and dagger all about.  I guess it comes down to what people are willing to pay. One day agents are gonna be extinct somebody will figure out a way of removing their shadowy practices.

4 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

Immigration chiefs have the ability to wave the requirements at their discretion. T

No they don't, that's acting outside their authority.

ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU
No. 327/2557
Subject: Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien’s Application
for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand

5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application.

If it they followed orders you'd be given an under consideration stamp whilst your application was forwarded to a higher command for approval.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

The way agents hide in the dark is really strange it's as if it is not legal and if it is not legal how come this place is awash with talk and if it's not illegal what's the cloak and dagger all about.  I guess it comes down to what people are willing to pay. One day agents are gonna be extinct somebody will figure out a way of removing their shadowy practices.

In this day and age one should just put ones passport into an atm type update machine and select the required service with a thumb print and automatic deduction of funds and your done.They could implement this pretty quickly and all those imm officers would be out of work and is probably in the pipeline as I type.

This afternoon I went to Surinthorn/Ubon Immigration to do my 90-day report and since I have ME/marriage visa, I didn't need to do the report. I, then inquired about the 1-year extension based on marriage, I plan to use the monthly income and I have been transfering money into my Thai account for the past 6 months only but IO said the 40k should should have been done for a year unless I use the 400k which only requires two months seasoning. I told IO that I thought for the first extension, I only needed two months of 40k transfer. He said "No. They changed the requirement". I wonder if anyone who was trying to obtain a one year marriage extension for the first time was told of a 12 months transfer is needed.

27 minutes ago, Ubonquest said:

I wonder if anyone who was trying to obtain a one year marriage extension for the first time was told of a 12 months transfer is needed.

Others have been told the same thing. The immigration order for proving income by doing transfers into a Thai bank state only 2 are needed for the first extension. But some office seem to not want to do it if you have a multiple entry visa.

Another person was told by Sirindhorn that only 400k baht option was allowed. I suggested he check with the office in the city at Rajabhat university.

There have been no changes since the order was issued in December of 2018.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, nightfox said:

I have also never done the TM30 thing as when I went to my local IO last month about my visa. They never said anything about any TM30 or 90 day report as Im on a Non O visa so i wouldn't bring it up if they don't.

Well, 2-4 years ago at CW IO they haven't asked for it. Last year went there for a standard 1 year extension based on marriage. And immigration officer asked a question "Where is your TM30 form?". Told her that they had never asked for it before. She said no extension without it. A lot of people were caught by surprise since there was a huge line to pay the fine. Mine was 800 Baht.