Shipping Motorbike

Scaliwags66

Hello all, 

I have read various stuff about this, but was wondering about shipping a motorbike from south (Trang or Surat Thani) to Bangkok or possibly Chaing Mai. I saw the below linked blogpost saying that they can only send motorbikes on train up to a maximum of 125cc from Feb 2019 onward. I have a Honda PCX 150cc. Was looking to get off in Bangkok spend some time there and then get back on the train to Chaing Mai. 

Has anyone recently had success with this with a bike of 150cc or more? Thank you for any insight or recommendations as I know rules can change often and unannounced. Also, have seen shipping by post but that seems to be a much longer process and it would be good to be able to ride on the train with the bike and get off and go, but that might not be a possibility anymore. Thanks guys. 

https://riderchris.com/transporting-motorcycle-thailand-train/

thai-train-above-125cc-not-allowed.jpg

You can send it with Thai Post, a few months ago i sent a PCX from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Not certain about the cost anymore, but i have something like 1800THB in my mind. Took a few days to arrive, maybe 3 or 4 or so.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

@baansgr and @Issanman I actually thought about both of these things. Mine is 2013 with non-LED lights so could fool someone as an old 125. But yeah the book would show otherwise. What a stupid rule, if they just made the rule 150 were 90% of thai bikes fall would be much more rational...but there in lies the problem. 

@jackdd and @strarky that may be the ticket. 

But can also wait and see if anyone has actually attempted to get one on the train recently. Cheers boys. 

Edited by Scaliwags66

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ride it.. 

the more I am sitting here game planning the more this seems to makes sense. I did a 2 week jaunt around the south recently for 2200km so this would be less than that...depending how far I stray. And would have my bike thru Bangkok and everywhere else to explore, and have no real timeline. 

• Like 1