Pattaya Beer Garden

roger101

On 8/13/2020 at 12:55 AM, 86Tiger said:

Well, guys, I like the place.

Huge open atmosphere, most always good breeze off the water, never eaten anything that was bad, staff always pleasant, great music from my youth, several options for seating.  Only negative I have ever found is back when it was too crowded, but guess that will not be an issue for some time.

I sometimes wonder how any business can survive trying to appease so many complainers....

My visit of Pattaya Beer Garden dated back to Christmas season 2018.   Had a full meal,  average food and drink, above average pricing overall.  But the location and seating and spectacular sea view indeed deserved some premium above the norm. 

It is just not a place that I like going back again and again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sscc said:

My visit of Pattaya Beer Garden dated back to Christmas season 2018.

My one and only  try to visit was on a new years eve.. "bouncer" on the door said no outside drinks allowed my wife had just bought a big coffee..so we turned 180 degrees and walked away ????‍♂️????‍♀️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Why didn't your wife drink the coffee where she bought it?

It was a large cup of iced coffee from a takeaway street vendor bought moments before.

Anyway we got some free seating on the beach away from the "grey water" outflow.

I went there once, recently...

I think there was some kind of issue with the food. So I called the server over and pointed out the issue. She just laughed nervously and walked away. That was it.

Incredible, but par for the course with poorly trained Thai staff. I say poorly trained, as I have seen exemplary service from local staff. But they were trained by a Swiss chef, so you can imagine...

I just didn't like the vibe. I know something of it's origins, so it's not the kind of place I would have chosen for myself. But I was taken there by a friend. But I felt uncomfortable there and was happy to leave.

On the other hand, it's probably a nice place for single men to take (or meet) their Thai friends. Just not the kind of place for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 4:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:

websites are more often than not, out of date here, it's a Thai thing. 

Hmmm, owner name is Pete. 

It’s a farang thing.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:35 PM, johng said:

My one and only  try to visit was on a new years eve.. "bouncer" on the door said no outside drinks allowed my wife had just bought a big coffee..so we turned 180 degrees and walked away ????‍♂️????‍♀️

What place in the World allows you to bring your own drink into a bar. But you are special enough to feel insulted and post about how bad a bar they were...wow!

Edited by aussiexpat

26 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

What place in the World allows you to bring your own drink into a bar. But you are special enough to feel insulted and post about how bad a bar they were...wow!

Actually quite a many in Pattaya as long as its a good to the business and that can be arranged.

In this case it would have been but bouncer is too strict.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dblh said:

Actually quite a many in Pattaya as long as its a good to the business and that can be arranged.

In this case it would have been but bouncer is too strict.

Since he then decided to sit on the beach to drink it rather than go anywhere else, don't think it would been great for the business.

Also to call the guys at the entry of beer garden a "too strict bouncer" is so comical. They are always smiling and super friendly everytime I went there.

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Since he then decided to sit on the beach to drink it rather than go anywhere else, don't think it would been great for the business.

Also to call the guys at the entry of beer garden a "too strict bouncer" is so comical. They are always smiling and super friendly everytime I went there.

Well when finishing the coffee on the beach they could have gone for a big nite out, but not at the beer garden.

I like the beer garden, but not the bouncers.

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I like the beer garden, but not the bouncers.

Here's the difference between you and me. In 10 years of going there I've never thought of them as "bouncers". Just friendly welcome staff. Maybe you are giving off a different vibe to feel threatened?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

On the other hand, it's probably a nice place for single men to take (or meet) their Thai friends. Just not the kind of place for me.

Was a great place to meet up before a Walking St prowl, and for the USA guys, who cannot go 2 hours without eating, a burger and fries  snack taken to get them through the night. I always felt the original idea for the venue went by the wayside when the more lucrative touristy market became a focus. And who can blame him....

Edited by jacko45k

Met friends at Pattaya Beer Garden two nights ago for sunset drinks. Not very busy but really quite pleasant for a chat and sunset views before moving on elsewhere for dinner. A really nice welcome from the ladies out front and all staff very helpful and friendly. Don't know about prices as friend wouldn't let me get the check-bin.

16 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Nice spot for a few afternoon beers.... anyone know what their draft Leo and other bottled beers taste like these days......most bars in Soi Bukhao selling old beer atm (pre-lockdown dates)...so i've pretty much stopped going out. ????

San Miguel Lite and their draft Heineken taste the same as always.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

San Miguel Lite and their draft Heineken taste the same as always.

The only problem is that they are not able to adjust the gas in the draft beers, almost dead.....and also after suggesting to adjust they don’t bother 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Leaver said:

It's still huge, and it's still open, but there is no atmosphere.  

This is the problem,.not the bars already open,but the absolute lack of customers,its damned awkward wandering into an open bar being stared at to high heaven by a bunch of girls. feel embarrassed for myself the girls and the bar

5 minutes ago, izod10 said:

This is the problem,.not the bars already open,but the absolute lack of customers,its damned awkward wandering into an open bar being stared at to high heaven by a bunch of girls. feel embarrassed for myself the girls and the bar

No need for embarrassment. 

The bar owner, the staff, and yourself, know what's going on.  Be happy you are creating some employment.  If you stopped going, the staff would be out of work, and the bar most likely closed.   Indeed, many may still end up closing, for good.

Support your local, but also try to spread the money around.  Perhaps visit some different places normally frequented by tourists.  

• Like 1

Used to be a good place to bring your Thai wife /Girlfriend as they had free Somtam ,which saved you having to pay for their non stop grazing .Owner Pete owned the FLB bar on Walking St many Moons ago .He tried turning the Beer Garden also into a pick up joint (like the Beer Garden in Soi 7 Bangkok ) but that side never really took off .Too many minger /Fat Thai birds  turned up .Think they still have the beer mats with the different colored sides ?Green your looking (desperate ) for a hole in one ,red your just window shopping .

Edited by anto

8 hours ago, anto said:

Used to be a good place to bring your Thai wife /Girlfriend as they had free Somtam ,which saved you having to pay for their non stop grazing .

They still do.

8 hours ago, anto said:

Owner Pete owned the FLB bar on Walking St many Moons ago .He tried turning the Beer Garden also into a pick up joint (like the Beer Garden in Soi 7 Bangkok ) but that side never really took off .Too many minger /Fat Thai birds  turned up 

Nonsense.

8 hours ago, anto said:

Think they still have the beer mats with the different colored sides ?

You "think" correct.

• Like 1