Transcript of the conversation seeking ฿5m kickback from Ground Water Resources Department

webfact

I am so shocked that an actual government official would be clearly shown to be trying to extort money and get a kickback. This must be a new phenomena that people have been caught out on tape/phone.

I can only assume that it will all be shown to be false and that it was actually a conversation between Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, because a Thai would never ever do this.

12 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Nothing will change until a robust independent justice system is in place. One that enforces and applies all laws fairly, evenly, and to all without favor or prejudice. 

I think that is wishful thinking, I don't think I could name one country in the world that enforces and applies all laws, fairly, evenly and to all without favor or prejudice!!

• Like 1

To be honest it sounded like the guy thought he needed to stump up 5% of 1.2B and then was told 5m so to me it sounds like a good deal. I bet that MP closes that deal sooner with someone else. All thanks to the free marketing sukky just gave him.  5m for a 1.2b deal and this guy don't know where to get the money!! Guy needs to be sacked for not knowing that.

On 8/11/2020 at 5:05 AM, bangkokfrog said:

Disgusting. The MP should be put in prison immediately for breach of duty. Doesn't he know that a 5 million baht bribe is far too low for a budget of this size? 

He'll be promoted to the cabinet to join General Rolex & Thamannat the Innocent, who was banged up abroad for importing self-raising flour into Oz - the flour seems to have worked given his new position!

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Some great whataboutery there.

But, but... Thaksin.

You cheer-led this military regime into power on the premise they would be less corrupt than Thaksin and would clean things up.

Those of us that knew better told you that an authoritarian regime would not have any checks and balances and thus be less accountable and more corrupt than an elected one.

Looking a bit foolish now bud.

That was not the point they could have been an other then Thaksin government. Point is that so far those in power no matter what side they are for have never ever made changes that made it easier to punish everyone involved in graft. My point was that old politics are not a solution but we have to look for new parties like future forward. 

How can they move on when those fighting for power only want it to enrich themselves and not to clean up the mess there is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am so shocked that an actual government official would be clearly shown to be trying to extort money and get a kickback. This must be a new phenomena that people have been caught out on tape/phone.

I can only assume that it will all be shown to be false and that it was actually a conversation between Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, because a Thai would never ever do this.

Im more amazed that someone made it public. One would say they are all in on the game and that is why they are so brazen. Now someone has taken a stand against it.  (that is my good side talking) my bad side thinks that he did not want to pay the bribe so more is left for him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im more amazed that someone made it public. One would say they are all in on the game and that is why they are so brazen. Now someone has taken a stand against it.  (that is my good side talking) my bad side thinks that he did not want to pay the bribe so more is left for him.

I agree with you on this. Lets hope he doesn't come off his motorbike or falling in the Klong accidentally of course.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:10 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Some great whataboutery there.

But, but... Thaksin.

You cheer-led this military regime into power on the premise they would be less corrupt than Thaksin and would clean things up.

Those of us that knew better told you that an authoritarian regime would not have any checks and balances and thus be less accountable and more corrupt than an elected one.

Looking a bit foolish now bud.

No he's not. He quickly saw through the false dawn being touted and commented so.

Thaksin and his puppet minions were doing their best to remove all checks and balances on them, including the boss's whitewash as they eagerly sought to get their hands on 2.2 trillion baht loan to be spent as they wishes with no accountability.

They must be so envious. Not recognizing that, or pretending otherwise, makes you look more than a bit foolish sport.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, ericthai said:

I think that is wishful thinking, I don't think I could name one country in the world that enforces and applies all laws, fairly, evenly and to all without favor or prejudice!!

Sadly, you are probably correct. What's worse is that those in which genuine efforts were made seem to have slipped back and moving in the wrong directions.

• Like 1