Escape Plan from USA Dumpster Fire....The Purge

ChakaKhan

38 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Truly is awful here...sad to see how far its fallen....divided..needs to be united....85 days to election-then Jan

Yes.  The hate is at an all time high very sad.  I am so glad to be in LOS.  But, have family and grandkids there that I worry about. Could be quite awhile before I can safely see them again. And unfortunately, I do not think dementia Joe is the answer to any of it.

• Thanks 2

My two main potential alternatives to Thailand are Mexico and Colombia. 

But both have bad Covid-19 rates especially Mexico. 

Colombia is closed to new Americans. 

So now only Mexico might work. 

News today is that the USA is considering banning some US citizens from returning from Mexico. 

Yes sounds unconstitutional. 

Other options are Cambodia and post Covid the Philippines.

Repatriating is the last resort. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Truly is awful here...sad to see how far its fallen....divided..needs to be united....85 days to election-then Jan

The only thing you can do is hope. The problem, though, is another opposition that only going to create problems, or that the same opposition grows stronger for 4 more years.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Who would want to go to Mexico with the high crime rate there?

If I were back in the USA I would get me a remote cabin somewhere off the grid in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. Preferably with nearby rivers/lakes to fish on.

some truth in that.    two thoughts though (similar for mexico or usa :

you don't need to be "off grid"..... but there are many small towns in the US  where

the weather is ok and the people not so crazy.    i lived in kerrville, tx   in what is

called the Hill Country.     pretty nice, cheap 20 years ago,  but maybe not now.  other

similar place in tx or carolinas or ??    

as for mexico,  different culture and if you are sick of americans , would offer a happier

and poorer alternative.    Also probably cheaper.   ladies maybe just as fat.

and don't learn how to ask who is the local drug lord 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

News today is that the USA is considering banning some US citizens from returning from Mexico. 

South and Central America are appealing, except for the crime problem.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bill97 said:

But they are quite happy with many of us and treat us well.  Sorry you feel that you are in the unwanted group.

Really?

Name one person in the entire gov't that is happy you are in Thailand.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Had a job offer that I had last year, was seasonal..got cancelled due to covid.....I come home to work..save that money ,then go spend it living in LOS ...more bang for my baht......1/3 of the cost in LOS compared to US

If you are doing seasonal work, then living in Thailand, you don't have enough money to even think about living there.

Where are you staying when you come back to the US? Some family for free?

Seems you have nothing in the US and nothing in Thailand to call your own.

Sooner or later, it will catch up with you.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Really?

Name one person in the entire gov't that is happy you are in Thailand.

I have a number of good friends that work for the government that I have known for over 20 years.

Names, what an absurd request.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sujo said:

You arent the only one wanting out of the US. record numbers giving up citizenship.

https://news.yahoo.com/ve-had-enough-everything-record-165829411.html

5,816 people gave up US citizenship out of 330,000,000

Thai's living in the USA? ~300,319

How many more Thai's trying to get into the US?

Seems many Thai's are actually able to afford live in the USA more than many US citizens that grew up here

Why is that?

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

I have a number of good friends that work for the government that I have known for over 20 years.

Names, what an absurd request.

I bet they sing and dance and kum ba ya you live in Thailand right?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Ukraine is also open, with no quarantine if you take a test after arrival.

But the virus situation isn't stable and there's a risk of return to a lockdown of sorts.

Winters will be cold, if this is for long-stay.

Don't neglect looking into how easily you can stay for months on end. Ukraine, for example, is difficult if you want more than 90 days at a stretch.

Edited by taxout
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Id consider Cambodia as wait on LOS status....worried about that 2000usd deposit thing...

10 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

If you are doing seasonal work, then living in Thailand, you don't have enough money to even think about living there.

Where are you staying when you come back to the US? Some family for free?

Seems you have nothing in the US and nothing in Thailand to call your own.

Sooner or later, it will catch up with you.

I sometimes sleep in my car as I bought a wagon to do so..or use and airbnb, or im housesitting now...

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Remember that there isn’t any Medicare/Medicaid in Thailand for foreigners and once you get old, insurers will not cover you. 

Not sure Id retire there, just been using it for the past decade as a place to stretch my dollars

Im sure I can bag some old isaan granny on Loy Kroh to bathe me with a hose due to my hansum-ness ????

The way things are now in the states Im just trying to get out alive...Welcome to the Hunger Games .....

As for the $2,000 you mention regarding Cambodia:

Apparently lots of others have been through this, and felt that taking the chance (whatever that entails) is worth it.  If you had to forfeit that amount or more, would you still make the move?  Keep in mind that no matter where you go, there will be costs involved, and relocating to some countries could very well cost more than $2,000 in all kinds of unexpected expenses.  It's a sum of money that none of us cares to lose, but, all in all, it's not a ridiculously unaffordable amount to part with, if it should come to that.

At this time, Thailand requires 800,000 baht in the bank or a steady monthly income of 65,000 baht.  Coming up with and stashing $27,000 in a Thai bank is a bit more oppressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

As for the $2,000 you mention regarding Cambodia:

Apparently lots of others have been through this, and felt that taking the chance (whatever that entails) is worth it.  If you had to forfeit that amount or more, would you still make the move?  Keep in mind that no matter where you go, there will be costs involved, and relocating to some countries could very well cost more than $2,000 in all kinds of unexpected expenses.  It's a sum of money that none of us cares to lose, but, all in all, it's not a ridiculously unaffordable amount to part with, if it should come to that.

At this time, Thailand requires 800,000 baht in the bank or a steady monthly income of 65,000 baht.  Coming up with and stashing $27,000 in a Thai bank is a bit more oppressive. 

Any links of those that have done the cambodia thing for 3000-2000? Is a close alternative and cost to LOS?