Escape Plan from USA Dumpster Fire....The Purge

ChakaKhan

On 8/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, dingdongrb said:

Who would want to go to Mexico with the high crime rate there?

If I were back in the USA I would get me a remote cabin somewhere off the grid in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. Preferably with nearby rivers/lakes to fish on.

Wyoming or Utah, much better!! (Jackson Hole comes to mind).

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Wyoming?

My brother and his wife had a beautiful house built about an hour south of Jackson. A log cabin on steroids with views of the Wyoming Range and the Gros Ventre. 

It burned to the ground last November in a wildfire - that's right, a wildfire, not a dumpster fire.

In the US these days you just can't win.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I made the same damn mistake but as Yogi Bera said “it’s hard to make predictions, especially about the future”. I have a Panamanian residency in perpetuity so I will wait until they or Costa Rica open. The US is a f**king nightmare. Worst mistake of my life.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, rumak said:

similar place in tx or carolinas or ??    

What's wrong with just joining the trailer trash in warm & sunny Florida? Don't listen to the news, climb up on top of the local ladies, cheap, once a week or so, drink cheap beer . . . . Live the good life.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:17 AM, bunnydrops said:

Oaxaca is nice, and the ocean beaches at Zipolite south of there are very nice. There is some YouTube of Zipolite. It has changed a lot, a bit more touristy than when I used to go.

Nice area. Since Zipolite has the nude beach, more tourists (backpacker chicks) shouldn't be a bad thing. Rent an amaca in a hammock hotel by the beach for few centavos, eat & drink all you want, find a senorita (they don't get nude, unfortunately--or in many cases, fortunately), wear your huaraches, and you're set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

What's wrong with just joining the trailer trash in warm & sunny Florida? Don't listen to the news, climb up on top of the local ladies, cheap, once a week or so, drink cheap beer . . . . Live the good life.

I am pretty sure there are small towns in Florida that would also be inexpensive to live in .  If you eat and drink at home most places are affordable.   But the "local ladies" in America ...555....well, again, like anywhere.....you get what you pay for.     Many here would argue that you get a lot more bang for your buck here in LOS.   (yes, still ! )       

• Thanks 1

Very hard to find a suitable escape destination right now, most of the world is on the brink of either economic or geopolitical disaster. My choice would be Switzerland, if I had to escape right now. Nestled in the mountains and armed to the teeth. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

My sister in Maryland says malls and restaurants are open, no riots. My cousin is in Ocean City having a good time. Big clean beach.

• Thanks 1

If I were in your dire situation I would head to Cuba or any of the cheap islands down that direction. Lots of ladies for you. Wait for a vacinne for the China virus and the planes will be flying to Thailand. Come here then. 

Just take a few boxes of surgical masks and your fav condoms. All will be ok. 

Good luck and thank god Im not american. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

WY, is somewhat ok in some areas. Jackson Hole is somewhat expensive but has a half-a$$ nice ski resort.

Avg price of a home in Jackson Hole is $1.6m USD..... that's reasonable, right.... LOL

As for UT, no thanks, even though they have some nice powder (snow for skiing) I don't like the idea being surrounded by Mormons. 

My preference is still the Beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kurtf said:

<deleted> Mexico. If you want cheap and Spanish consider Portugal. If you want cheap and SE Asia consider Viet Nam.

I did 6 weeks in a little fishing village in vietnam..Bai xep...I did indeed like vietnam, met a few cuties too.

But if Im correct I am not able to get in there now, hence the link I attached with places and "rules'...

Portugal eh?    Im all about cheap as that the reason I come home to work then live cheaper abroad..

23 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Except neither are open to Americans at the moment and the OP is an American who wants to leave ASAP.  

THIS...Thank you, i do appreciate the ideas and even future travel, but Im looking to get out of here ASAP

With the least rules......like the good ole LOS days...same costs as well, if not cheaper....my job got cancelled

23 hours ago, Mac98 said:

For welcome mat, English in tourist areas, $ currency, nightlife, tropical climate, cost, beaches, health care: Panama. For similar with lower cost but lower health care quality: Belize.

Good straight forward info......any exp in Belize?????  tips?   Panama is out of my budget and in case I get stuck somewhere for a while......need to budget

19 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Central and south America.  Also Vietnam if your American. 

I am...been to Vietnam before--6 weeks--enjoyed it but its closed NOW if im correct....looking for ASAP

Also first trip was machu picchu and Galapagos so did Peru and Ecuador...enjoyed both as well

Whats the plus of being a Yank in vietnam???

14 hours ago, bbabythai said:

If I were in your dire situation I would head to Cuba or any of the cheap islands down that direction. Lots of ladies for you. Wait for a vacinne for the China virus and the planes will be flying to Thailand. Come here then. 

Just take a few boxes of surgical masks and your fav condoms. All will be ok. 

Good luck and thank god Im not american. 

You ever been to Cuba?    Are they open NOW?    Same costs?    and Yes I will miss my failed country..RIP

20 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

try southwest texas.

buy yourself a square mile of scrubland for $250/acre.

drill a well, park an rv.

plenty of sand to fill bags and build bunkers.

good luck.

Is this true?  I have lived in my car and always just wanted a tiny piece of land to claim as my own

I even have my survival books and living off the grid stuff...just want to be self sufficient..not crazed

How would I find out about an acre as the price is right!!   almost bought and all season trailer too

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Is this true?  I have lived in my car and always just wanted a tiny piece of land to claim as my own

I even have my survival books and living off the grid stuff...just want to be self sufficient..not crazed

How would I find out about an acre as the price is right!!   almost bought and all season trailer too

sent you a pm with a link to some ads, including for 160 acres with old cabin $55k.  another 118 acres with a couple rv's and a container for $49k.