Escape Plan from USA Dumpster Fire....The Purge

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Virginia is pretty cheap and a lot like Isaan   You should feel right at home there

Of course! All the rioting and looting will suddenly stop and COVID will magically disappear.  Dream on.

It won’t be a dumpster fire when Biden enters the White House!

On 8/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, dingdongrb said:

Who would want to go to Mexico with the high crime rate there?

If I were back in the USA I would get me a remote cabin somewhere off the grid in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. Preferably with nearby rivers/lakes to fish on.

Wyoming or Utah, much better!! (Jackson Hole comes to mind).

• Thanks 1

For welcome mat, English in tourist areas, $ currency, nightlife, tropical climate, cost, beaches, health care: Panama. For similar with lower cost but lower health care quality: Belize.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Wyoming or Utah, much better!! (Jackson Hole comes to mind).

Wyoming?

My brother and his wife had a beautiful house built about an hour south of Jackson. A log cabin on steroids with views of the Wyoming Range and the Gros Ventre. 

It burned to the ground last November in a wildfire - that's right, a wildfire, not a dumpster fire.

In the US these days you just can't win.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I made the same damn mistake but as Yogi Bera said “it’s hard to make predictions, especially about the future”. I have a Panamanian residency in perpetuity so I will wait until they or Costa Rica open. The US is a f**king nightmare. Worst mistake of my life.

• Thanks 1
On 8/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, rumak said:

similar place in tx or carolinas or ??    

What's wrong with just joining the trailer trash in warm & sunny Florida? Don't listen to the news, climb up on top of the local ladies, cheap, once a week or so, drink cheap beer . . . . Live the good life.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1
On 8/11/2020 at 4:53 AM, bwpage3 said:

West Virginia is pretty cheap and a lot like Isaan

You should feel right at home there

My suggestion would have been BRAZIL ....😁

• Sad 2
On 8/11/2020 at 11:17 AM, bunnydrops said:

Oaxaca is nice, and the ocean beaches at Zipolite south of there are very nice. There is some YouTube of Zipolite. It has changed a lot, a bit more touristy than when I used to go.

Nice area. Since Zipolite has the nude beach, more tourists (backpacker chicks) shouldn't be a bad thing. Rent an amaca in a hammock hotel by the beach for few centavos, eat & drink all you want, find a senorita (they don't get nude, unfortunately--or in many cases, fortunately), wear your huaraches, and you're set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

What's wrong with just joining the trailer trash in warm & sunny Florida? Don't listen to the news, climb up on top of the local ladies, cheap, once a week or so, drink cheap beer . . . . Live the good life.

I am pretty sure there are small towns in Florida that would also be inexpensive to live in .  If you eat and drink at home most places are affordable.   But the "local ladies" in America ...555....well, again, like anywhere.....you get what you pay for.     Many here would argue that you get a lot more bang for your buck here in LOS.   (yes, still ! )       

• Thanks 1

try southwest texas.

buy yourself a square mile of scrubland for $250/acre.

drill a well, park an rv.

plenty of sand to fill bags and build bunkers.

good luck.

• Like 2

Very hard to find a suitable escape destination right now, most of the world is on the brink of either economic or geopolitical disaster. My choice would be Switzerland, if I had to escape right now. Nestled in the mountains and armed to the teeth. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigStar said:

My sister in Maryland says malls and restaurants are open, no riots. My cousin is in Ocean City having a good time. Big clean beach.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, rumak said:

But the "local ladies" in America ...555....well, again, like anywhere.....you get what you pay for. 

I used the word "climb" purposely. Footstool or stepladder may be needed.

• Rimmer locked this topic