Mass looting breaks out in Chicago; shots fired, 100 arrested

webfact

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Chicago's Black Democratic Mayor...a few weeks back...was asked why she did not put a stop to the rioting, looting, burning, destroying businesses and fighting with police...her reply: It is just folks out having fun...a block party".<SNIP>

I find it difficult to accept your post as truth - got a credible source linK?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:
31 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

It wan't looting! I was simply peaceful protesting (with benefits) and the cops started shooting for no reason. ????

26 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Just peaceful civil rights demonstrators...nothing to see here...move along... (and vote for Joe).

Other than you two, who made these claims?

The mainstream media and the protesters, of course. :stoner:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

I know that for some law enforcement is about shooting bad people, but in real life, that's not how it works. As for "normal", criminals shooting at police isn't a new thing in the USA, don't know why you pretend otherwise.

That wasnt what I said though was it, we arent talking about criminals shooting at the Police .

We are talking about a gang of revolutionary's (Which is what BLM are) trying to kill the police  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

That wasnt what I said though was it, we arent talking about criminals shooting at the Police .

We are talking about a gang of revolutionary's (Which is what BLM are) trying to kill the police  

No, that's an unsupported construct you're talking about. The OP clearly refers to criminality, rather than imaginary revolutionary forces.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Black Lives Matter Chicago, which protested outside a Near South Side police precinct Monday night, blasted Lightfoot for accepting the police version of events and not doing more to institute reforms. The organization suggested the man was right to flee authorities, given the department’s history of racism and abusive tactics.

“In a predictable and unfortunate move, she did not take this time to criticize her officers for shooting yet another Black man,” the organization’s statement read. “Lightfoot instead spent her time attacking ‘looters.’ The mayor clearly has not learned anything since May, and she would be wise to understand that the people will keep rising up until the CPD is abolished and our Black communities are fully invested in.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-downtown-looting-20200810-3zwa3b7zzrc5vdyb4qjqywrjvu-story.html

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

About 100 people gathered outside the Central District station on Monday evening in a demonstration organized by Black Lives Matter Chicago. Several protesters held a banner that read, “Our futures have been looted from us ... loot back.”

Ariel Atkins, an organizer, said the demonstration was put together as a response to the police-involved shooting Sunday in Englewood, where a 20-year-old man was injured after police said he fired shots at officers, and to support and seek the release of those who were arrested during the downtown looting that followed.

“There’s no such thing as a bad protester,” Atkins said. “Also, (we’re) demanding that police be defunded. Police should not be here. They should not exist, especially because we’re giving them all this money to beat and terrorize us. We’re giving them all this money when it’s like we’re in an actual pandemic and people need care right now, but you’re giving them police.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-downtown-looting-black-lives-matter-protest-20200811-lvejnsexhbgtjfixcgioih7dn4-story.html

Yes, but how does this equate with claiming BLM organized the looting, though? To head off expected nonsense, I'm not defending the looters, or even the BLM's position. It's just that what both of you seem to allege isn't directly supported by fact.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, as I´ve always said. They have too much to deal with in their own country, instead of putting their noses where it doesn´t belong.

Which applies to virtually all those so called "first world" countries.

See Macron couldn't miss the photo op and gatecrashed Beirut!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The organizers of the protests/rioting/looting/shooting police are the BLM group, who a Marxist revolutionary group , that is a fact, rather just my imagination .

Have the BLM group distanced themselves from the violence ?

They seem to be fully supporting the violence

You keep making the claim that BLM organized the looting, without support. The BLM being Marxist is about as serious a claim as the rest of the drivel on offer. Kinda doubt most people associated with protests under the BLM banner even know what Marxist is. This or that leaders identifying as Marxist isn't quite the same thing.

Again, you're just deflecting or bringing up bogus issues to cover that you can't support your core claim.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You create an atmosphere where this is considered acceptable - well ... ? And all for political advantage. I just feel sorry for the poor sods who took it in hook, line, and sinker, and get banged up. All the rest will have moved on, and you'll be still slopping out.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The BLM group organized a protest in which looting and violence occurred .

Looting isnt usually organised, its usually spontaneous and I didnt mean to suggest that looting was organised by the BLMG .

But the demonstration was organsied by them and they havent condemned or spoken out against the violence/looting  , which suggests that they support the violence/looting . 

That's some convulsed backpedaling. I'd try reading the OP again, instead of dreaming up stuff.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

America is fast becoming a dysfunctional disaster. and from here in sunny Asia it appears that only 1 person is trying to put a stop to it ! and it ain,t o,bama or any of his liberal A-Soul brothers. 

All this is happening on Trump's watch.  3+ years into his presidency.  So whether Trump likes it or not, he owns it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

America is fast becoming a dysfunctional disaster. and from here in sunny Asia it appears that only 1 person is trying to put a stop to it ! and it ain,t o,bama or any of his liberal A-Soul brothers. 

The topic is looting in chicago ,with 100 arrests! nbc reported that blm  protester leader   supported looting as reparations!

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-supporting-individuals-arrested-in-chicago-looting-monday/2320365/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1