Mass looting breaks out in Chicago; shots fired, 100 arrested

webfact

15 hours ago, riclag said:

Its just so frustrating to see these businesses  being subjected to lawlessness and chaos, night after night in these dem run cities!

Now the criminal thugs are being supported   for their  destruction,  by the far left groups in that city. 

Agreed.  New York City has similar problems, with the same causes.

• Like 1

Useless street rat thugs doing what they do best, creating and perpetuating, causing and spreading.  

The US is a total disaster, parts of that country will be unlivable in 15 years and it's too funny how people blame the president.  Not taking ownership is the entitled American way.     

On 8/11/2020 at 5:04 PM, nausea said:

Let's blame Trump. The point is these things have been simmering for years under both Democratic and Republican governments. At the end of the day the blacks are a minority. So they'll lose. Shame on the Democrats for trying to exploit this as a political advantage.

I don't know that all the black minority in the USA is fully supportive of looting and vandalism, or that it's even close to the unified state implied in your post. As for inevitably "losing" because of being a minority - not to sure what you're on about. How is "winning" defined? What does "losing" mean, in this context?

Lastly, exploiting this or that for political advantage is by no means only a Democrat thing. If you wish to pretend that Trump and the Republicans (well, at least some) aren't doing exactly the same, that's your choice, not reality.

On 8/11/2020 at 5:19 PM, riclag said:

lol 

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-supporting-individuals-arrested-in-chicago-looting-monday/2320365/

A quote from a local organizer isn't necessarily general policy. If you're having trouble with this concept, think back about times when conservative, Republican, alt-right or other Trump supporters said stupid things. Don't think you've accepted these as clear cut "proof" of anything like you claim above. 

• Haha 1

Trouble is increasing in Chicago, such a mess. I feel sorry for the citizens. Major wants to call in the feds for help but she knows she'll be done as major if she does. Such a pathetic situation. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/08/12/chicago-alderman-want-federal-help-since-mayor-lightfoot-is-unprepared-to-handle-riots-n2574217

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/chicago-politician-wants-to-call-the-feds-amid-looting-riots/

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:41 AM, OZinPattaya said:

The real question is when rational Americans who tend toward left-wing politics are going to abdicate their pathological derangement syndrome as far as Trump is concerned and realize that the far-left in America, and the careerist former Democrat moderates that pander to it, are self-evidently the greater of two evils. That's all that is necessary for a Trump victory in 2020. I'd think you'd have to be living in a basement along with Biden with nothing on the TV but CNN anti-Trump vitriol and a complete left-wing media blackout to the conflagration of our cities to come to the conclusion that: "Donald Trump's personality is such an issue that I'm willing to turn a blind eye to literally everything else promoted by the Democrats." The complete and utter disaster that is the Democratic party in America.

Appeals to rational people, goes on a loon rant.

:coffee1:

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trouble is increasing in Chicago, such a mess. I feel sorry for the citizens. Major wants to call in the feds for help but she knows she'll be done as major if she does. Such a pathetic situation. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/08/12/chicago-alderman-want-federal-help-since-mayor-lightfoot-is-unprepared-to-handle-riots-n2574217

Are you sure trouble is increasing? After the looting on Sunday night even more later in the week?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Are you sure trouble is increasing? After the looting on Sunday night even more later in the week?

I'd say it's increasing, it can't be swept under the rug any longer. 

Kum Bah Yah America

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nowisee said:

Useless street rat thugs doing what they do best, creating and perpetuating, causing and spreading.  

The US is a total disaster, parts of that country will be unlivable in 15 years and it's too funny how people blame the president.  Not taking ownership is the entitled American way.     

Yeah it is beginning to look like something out of a virus/Mad Max movie in places. It's hard reading other local USA forums about what is happening in my home town Minneapolis. Also you read Chicago and NYC forums and the talk is the cities may not ever recover.

As much as I take glee in it being liberal cities, those used to be great places. MPLS back in the day was a wonderful place to grow up. 

I am afraid the combo gut punch knock out punch of covid combined with the riots, and the digital acceleration leading to not needing to be centrally based in a big city means the writing is on the wall.

Homeless people living in hotels is a scene straight out of Escape from New York. Every major city in the USA is one police incident (rightful or not) from being torched. Sad state of affairs. 

On the other hand one man's loss is another man's gain. It may be a good time to move some places invest in some places that aren't known to be happening right now.  There are a million cute little towns all over waiting to be fixed up.

• Like 2