Registering a UK marriage in Thailand - the ongoing saga

As a further follow up to my earlier thread here https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1173670-translation-and-legalisation-of-uk-documents-recommended-agent/ my friend has managed to get his certificate from the UK and all legalised by the Department of Consular Affairs at CW. He used an agent but seems to have already forgotten which one (did I mention he's totally useless?)

Next step is to register his marriage at his local ampur office. He also wants to sort a yellow tabien baan and pink ID card. Kill three birds with one stone so to speak.

What does he need to ask for to register his marriage? (he seems to have managed to sort whats needed for the ID and yellow book).

All good fun.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

His wife should be able to explain that they want to register their foreign marriage to have a Kor Ror 22 issued.

Yeah, I think it was "Ask for a Kor Ror 22" he wanted to hear ????

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot legally marry the same person twice.

To get a affirmation of permit to marry a embassy here you have to state your were not married before or provide a divorce certificate.

Good answer, was just thinking outside the "box" .. erroneously it appears. In my defense it was a question, not advice !!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, uncleP said:

Pink I'd card is a waste of time as nobody will accept it!

I use it when checking into a hotel and they ask for my passport. Has worked every time so far (saves any potential grief from Immigration).

10 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I use it when checking into a hotel and they ask for my passport. Has worked every time so far (saves any potential grief from Immigration).

Same here but get the impression they are not happy and few Thais have ever seen the Pink ID cards.

9 hours ago, uncleP said:

not true ,i have one ,(not my idea ,but the wife insisted ,her mates a lawyer and her husband has one so i had to ,lol) its always accepted ,in one govt hospital i was even charged Thai price. but i admit i think a driving licence is good as id.

as to the original question ,listen to Ubonjoe ,i did when i changed , all went smoothly , 

Edited by bert bloggs

3 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

I'm always looking for the easiest way to get around this type of Bureaucracy.

Would it have been simpler to just get married in Thailand?

yes ... in and out in 7 hrs  we got a witness from the crowd .. luck to ya

10 hours ago, uncleP said:

That’s funny I get discount on mine with my local ferry company . I can go to the car showroom and order a car no need to go to my local IO to pay 500 baht for a letter I could go on but I have not the time even my dentist charges me Thai rates when I present my card so I don’t know where you come up with such a remark that it’s useless I never carry my passport I just present my pink ID even when stopped by the police ???? it should also be noted that when you renew your extension of stay at the IO I give them a copy along with copy of yellow book no need to show house rental agreements or pics of where you live it’s worth it’s weight in gold ????????????????????

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, uncleP said:

It depends on where you live. In some provinces it's useful,in others, totally useless. It's actually just a proof of having a yellow house book. 

11 hours ago, uncleP said:

IMHO it is more a waste of time because it does not include 1 small, but vital, piece of information: namely the date when your current permission to stay in Thailand expires.

Ditto with the much hallowed yellow book.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

not true ,i have one ,(not my idea ,but the wife insisted ,her mates a lawyer and her husband has one so i had to ,lol) its always accepted ,in one govt hospital i was even charged Thai price. but i admit i think a driving licence is good as id.

as to the original question ,listen to Ubonjoe ,i did when i changed , all went smoothly , 

Correct, but don't forget there are 2 types of pink ID cards, the ones starting with 6, and the ones with figure 8, the last mentioned are PR-status....Furthermore this one entitles you to the Blue Tabien Ban with YOUR name on it...

Edited by jomtienisgood
Adding

On 8/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, bert bloggs said:

You did well at the Government hospital. I suspect that was a mistake. My Thai Mrs is also obsessed with getting me a yellow book. Every time we go to the Amphur they think of another reason not to issue one. I refuse to go to Bangkok (again) for another certificated copy of my passport and birth certificate. 

3 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

You did well at the Government hospital. I suspect that was a mistake. My Thai Mrs is also obsessed with getting me a yellow book. Every time we go to the Amphur they think of another reason not to issue one. I refuse to go to Bangkok (again) for another certificated copy of my passport and birth certificate. 

I am here in Pattaya to get  my birth certificate certified i just used an agent , so much easier than actually going to BKK ,as for getting the yellow book ,got it straight away ,mind you i said nothing just left everything to the wife ,as she is quite articulate i just sat there and smiled.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, uncleP said:

Yes...I am confused about this (I do not have one) but had the same response from many people , why doesn't Thai Visa (with their Gov contacts ) give us a definitive answer on this.

A good & legal thing for an Ex pat to have or not ???

18 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes...I am confused about this (I do not have one) but had the same response from many people , why doesn't Thai Visa (with their Gov contacts ) give us a definitive answer on this.

A good & legal thing for an Ex pat to have or not ???

The definitive answer is: Yes or No ???? 

TIT YMMV

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, bert bloggs said:

mine starts with 6 whats the difference?

The difference is you are not PR. Also in your passport it has the Stamp non Immigrant. In Pr passport it says on the last Visa Immigrant..

i.e. No more visa renewal required, no 90 Days reports, and all the other hassle.